NEW: Universal VR shader

Sr.

6 hours ago, VirusAM said:

In order for this to work with oculus hardware, do we need to launch dcs through steamvr?

No, OpenComposite does the job too.

Start reading from here:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Thanks for all the info in this post, I've managed to get the shaders working on standalone on the Quest 2 using Skatezillas launcher. What a difference the new shaders make, even with stock preset the blacks look much darker, and the sharpness bump is really very nice. When you disable it again, everything looks so blurry and murky. 

I'm in absolute awe with what this mod has done to DCS for me! SS at 1.2 looks intensely sharp in the G2, to the point for certain F-14 skins look utterly photorealistic. I really hope the word gets out to more VR users as this allows you to tone down both DCS and SteamVR setting while improving the saturation and sharpness of the image, just bloody incredible this is!! 

Edited by Gunslinger22

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

Sorry if this has been asked already but can this be used on multiplayer or does it cause issues? 

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Yes / No... 🙂

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

36 minutes ago, hannibal said:

will this mod pass integrity check?

Really , you couldn't even look at the post above your own... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi all- I just tried this mod- dropped the reshade files directly into the main DCS World OpenBeta/bin folder.. but it keeps crashing with the attached screenshot- any ideas what's going on? Any tips on how to install more 'safely' (to avopid doing a repair) using OVGME? Despite the comments in this thread saying it won't replace any files I'm not sure.. the dxgi.dll file had to be removed from the bin folder to get DCS to run again without crashing ... not sure if the dxgi.dll file replaced an original or it was a different file and didn't replace anything..

reshade vr crash dcs Capture.JPG

Edited by theself

20 minutes ago, theself said:

Hi all- I just tried this mod- dropped the reshade files directly into the main DCS World OpenBeta/bin folder.. but it keeps crashing with the attached screenshot- any ideas what's going on? Any tips on how to install more 'safely' (to avopid doing a repair) using OVGME? Despite the comments in this thread saying it won't replace any files I'm not sure.. the dxgi.dll file had to be removed from the bin folder to get DCS to run again without crashing ... not sure if the dxgi.dll file replaced an original or it was a different file and didn't replace anything..

reshade vr crash dcs Capture.JPG

hmm

Try running DCS as administrator? Also make you sure have proper permissions (full control) to those folders?

These are the files needed.

reshade.PNG

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Also, maybe try extracting with a different app... file corruption maybe.

And the dxgi.dll doesn't exist natively.

Edited by Sr.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

23 minutes ago, Sr. said:

hmm

Try running DCS as administrator? Also make you sure have proper permissions (full control) to those folders?

reshade.PNG

Thank you- the dxgi.log file isn't included in the list of files withe zipped reshade file I downloaded.. how do I ensure I have proper permissions? Thank you

40 minutes ago, Sr. said:

hmm

reshade.PNG

this screenshot shows the only files that can be extracted from the downloaded  ReshadeVR_sharpen_color.zip file (note the  dxgi.log file listed in your screenshot is not included for some reason)-any idea why? this is the corect file/s to use or am I supposed to use the other zip file reshade-openvr_alpha2.zip  ?

reshade files Capture.JPG

Edited by theself

I'm thinking the log file isn't created until it's run the first time.

--Arthur C Clark

2 minutes ago, theself said:

thank you- got it to work by running as administrator- it's awesome!

Cool!

You might want to check this one out too.

--Arthur C Clark

I have a question about installing openvr-fsr:
Is it correct that I only need to copy the file openvr_api.dll and openvr_mod.cfg in the folder "bin".
(Before renaming the file openvr_api.dll).

the other files and folders that are included in the zip-file I can ignore?

6 hours ago, flusim3 said:

I have a question about installing openvr-fsr:
Is it correct that I only need to copy the file openvr_api.dll and openvr_mod.cfg in the folder "bin".
(Before renaming the file openvr_api.dll).

the other files and folders that are included in the zip-file I can ignore?

Correct

--Arthur C Clark

Hey 

Could read the thread.  Not as computer savvy as some of you.

I have a rift s, but not sure on the steps.  (perhaps I missed some info.. sorry)

I am running DCS in administrator mode.

I have dl opencomposite and installed it.

Tried installing reshade.  It didn't find my DCS.  so I manually pointed it in the directory. 

It seems to be working in 2D.. but I must have missed a step for the occulus.

I'm thinking perhaps the open composite runtime switcher??  I don't know if that is right.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers

6 hours ago, Gogojuice said:

Hey 

Could read the thread.  Not as computer savvy as some of you.

I have a rift s, but not sure on the steps.  (perhaps I missed some info.. sorry)

I am running DCS in administrator mode.

I have dl opencomposite and installed it.

Tried installing reshade.  It didn't find my DCS.  so I manually pointed it in the directory. 

It seems to be working in 2D.. but I must have missed a step for the occulus.

I'm thinking perhaps the open composite runtime switcher??  I don't know if that is right.

Appreciate your help.

Cheers

Here is how I did it:

Through Skatezilla’s utility you choose SteamVR API and run Opencomposite. The rest is done by the Skatezilla’s utility. After that you enjoy reshade in VR. 

Edited by diamond26

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

@diamond26: your link point to itself.

@Gogojuice: since it runs in 2D, the shader installation is OK.

To make it work in the Oculus, easiest way is to install Skatezilla's Updater Utility (very handy tool), go into the app settings tab, look for VR Interface settings, Redering driver should point to Oculus API. Here, click the browse button on the SteamVR Client and point it to the openVR API in your OpenComposite dir. Once this is done, change the redering driver to SteamVR API. Start DCS and it should work (it did for me), use the same keyboard controls as in 2D to toggle the render on/off.

image.png

2 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

@diamond26: your link point to itself.

Thanks @Lange_666    Changed

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11