Roadmap this weekend?

zone 5

There have been some rumours that the Intruder won't be their next full fidelity module. I am excited!!! 🙂

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

There have been some rumours that the Intruder won't be their next full fidelity module. I am excited!!! 🙂

which rumours are those?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

2 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

I love how Hoggit is some reliable source of information.

Not exactly reliable. A rumor. But the source is Cobra, so take that as you will.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

19 hours ago, zone 5 said:

Well it has to be a carrier jet given their quote about upgrading Forrestal as important to future modules so do we dare speculate a F-4B / J? 

That's the logical conclusion, yes. Obviously nothing official. Given the experience with multicrew jets and the work on the Forrestal it would only makes sense next to the A-6E. From a sales perspective too.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

That's the logical conclusion, yes. Obviously nothing official. Given the experience with multicrew jets and the work on the Forrestal it would only makes sense next to the A-6E. From a sales perspective too.

I do hope so! A F4B / and F4J would be perfect with Forrestal. Obviously adding USAF would broaden sales but naval only would still be fantastic

• Like 2

If the A-6 is not coming first, I highly doubt that it will be preceded by something almost as complex, even if they do have some code base already available from the Tomcat.

In other words, Draken or riot.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 3

Really painful to read some of the comments in this thread ... can you guys please chill a bit, it’s done when it’s done and quality takes time ... I’m developer myself and understand the struggle - just chill and wait and we will get delivered with an awesome module whatever it will be … thanks to everybody from heatblur for their amazing work ❤️

• Like 1

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Spatz:

Really painful to read some of the comments in this thread ... can you guys please chill a bit, it’s done when it’s done and quality takes time ... I’m developer myself and understand the struggle - just chill and wait and we will get delivered with an awesome module whatever it will be … thanks to everybody from heatblur for their amazing work ❤️

The guys are only excited what will come next from HB. Thats nothing bad. Its also nice for HB to see that the people are so hyped by there products.

• Like 3

3 weeks  does tend to push "patience" a bit... its a simple update not a novel. No-one here has a problem with HB delays, we know 2.7 / Forrestal rebuild delays things but 3 weeks to simply publish a simple roadmap is a bit much.

Edited by zone 5
  • Like 3

Although the F-14 is propably the best module in DCS, it also has convinced me to not to buy future Heatblur products at pre-order or even normal priced. Some of the simple stuff with F-14 that are still disregarded or not done over a year after the release is just unaccebtable.

I really appreciate their work but there's just something wrong on their way to handle the feedback, focusing on some details and delivering updates. I know this will upset some of here but as a paying customer, $79 should get something better service.

Edited by Blinde
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Blinde said:

Although the F-14 is propably the best module in DCS, it also has convinced me to not to buy future Heatblur products at pre-order or even normal priced. Some of the simple stuff with F-14 that are still disregarded or not done over a year after the release is just unaccebtable.

I really appreciate their work but there's just something wrong on their way to handle the feedback, focusing on some details and delivering updates. I know this will upset some of here but as a paying customer, $79 should get something better service.

No, I do agree with you. There are areas and seemingly simple stuff that still weren't fixed since day one (untextured areas, cockpit typos and wrong instruments, texure glitches, missing bomb clamps), as well as the fact that they have missed pretty much every projected timeline by a substantial amount. As someone who manages projects in the engineering world this is pretty mind-boggling. Don't get me wrong, the Tomcat and the Viggen are my favorite modules and pretty much what got me into DCS to begin with but having to wait for something to be finished and polished up for 2+ years at this point is pretty tiresome as there is still so much to be fixed and added, which at this point I'm not even sure if we ever see all those things fixed like was the case with the Viggen. Partly the reason why I tend to fly the Hornet a bit more as of late since there is a steady stream of visible progress and fixes.

• Like 4