Thank you For the attention to the FM

greenmamba

Just a thank you to ED for the changes in the Gains, especially landing gains. The aircraft behaves much more "stable" and you now can easily hold the proper pitch to aerobrake without having to pull too hard. Thank you and keep going on for the F-16. 

• Like 2

There were changes in the flight model? O_o

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

vor 2 Stunden schrieb greenmamba:

Just a thank you to ED for the changes in the Gains, especially landing gains. The aircraft behaves much more "stable" and you now can easily hold the proper pitch to aerobrake without having to pull too hard. Thank you and keep going on for the F-16. 

Didn't know if I was getting used to it or if it is really better. 

It felt different but I haven't flown heavy loadouts yet. 

yesterday i was sliding left to right, right to left. still landing behavior not perfect

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

1 hour ago, greenmamba said:

No placebo. Landing Gains is significantly better and in flight the plane is much more stable. 

Yeah, just did a couple landings now, one clean with low fuel and one with wingtip AIM-120s and 6000 lbs fuel and in both cases I seem to aerobrake much more easily.

Edited by Xavven
  • Like 1

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Xavven:

Yeah, just did a couple landings now, one clean with low fuel and one with wingtip AIM-120s and 6000 lbs fuel and in both cases I seem to aerobrake much more easily.

So I am not the only one with that feeling.

Sorry guys to disappoint you. But if you look in the F16 folder you'd see that just a little files got update (like materials, device.lua etc). These files are clearly no files that have something to do with the FM. You can even look in the FM folder and see the files still have the old date.

Edited by darkman222

vor einer Stunde schrieb Bonzo0181:

There was an update to high-alpha handling (so that includes landing performance) a few patches back. It helped with aerobraking.

Wait what? That wasn't a placebo back then? Is there any official source for it?

15 часов назад, darkman222 сказал:

Sorry guys to disappoint you. But if you look in the F16 folder you'd see that just a little files got update (like materials, device.lua etc). These files are clearly no files that have something to do with the FM. You can even look in the FM folder and see the files still have the old date.

File in game folder path
...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\bin\F16C.dll 

like over protected .dll files changing in every new version of game

"Своя FM не пахнет" (С) me
https://dcs.silver.ru/ DCS World Sustained Turn Test Data

Asus Z97M-PLUS, Intel Core i5 4690K OC 4126MHz, 16Gb DDR3 DIMM 2250MHz (10-10-10-26 CR2), GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

2 hours ago, totmacher said:

File in game folder path
...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\F-16C\bin\F16C.dll 

like over protected .dll files changing in every new version of game

Yep... mine has a modified date of 5/21/2021, which is last Friday:

image.png

I no programmer. But as long as you think the FM is saved in a DLL file, seems legit then. I seriously doubt it, just google what a DLL file is for.

I would expect it to sit in a LUA file or at least in the FM folder we have for the F16. But just my 50 cents.

1 час назад, darkman222 сказал:

I no programmer. But as long as you think the FM is saved in a DLL file, seems legit then. I seriously doubt it, just google what a DLL file is for.

I would expect it to sit in a LUA file or at least in the FM folder we have for the F16. But just my 50 cents.

I'm programmer. FM code is protected, crypted code, stored in .dll file. In FM folder stored some tabular data.

For example ,  FA-18C FM folder 2.5.6.47404 and 2.7.0.56590 is identical,  but FM was little changed
https://dcs.silver.ru/64,12

• Like 1

"Своя FM не пахнет" (С) me
https://dcs.silver.ru/ DCS World Sustained Turn Test Data

Asus Z97M-PLUS, Intel Core i5 4690K OC 4126MHz, 16Gb DDR3 DIMM 2250MHz (10-10-10-26 CR2), GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

For me it is no placebo. I noticed the change as soon as i launched the F-16 module. And for me on landing the way the airplane behaves is different from previous versions. I have FSSB and i notice the slightest change especially how much force i have to input to control the plane. 

i stand by my experience. Before i had to apply some back force to keep the nose up and below 120 kts i had to pull even harder. 

Now with noticeably less back power i can keep the nose up until 90kts before it drops from itself. I don’t know why we have such different feedbacks. In my flight control curves i have everything as default.  

12 hours ago, darkman222 said:

I'm not a career programmer but I'm in IT and develop some very basic applications in .NET.

A DLL file can contain almost any code you want. It's possible, likely even, that the flight model is hard coded and in a DLL instead of loaded externally from a LUA file. I don't really know because I'm not on the ED development team.

But personally, I routinely put multiple projects into separate DLLs. It's certainly one way to do modular programming.