Vive Pro 2

obious

21 minutes ago, dburne said:

Anyone who pre-ordered receive any shipping notice yet?

Amazon UK are saying Tuesday 8th delivery. Hope that is the case!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

1 hour ago, A2597 said:

I pre-ordered from HTC, their chat support said shipping starts June 3rd, so..hoping I'm in that first batch.

There is a guy on another forum, believe he is in Germany, got his yesterday.

I log onto the site to check my order status and it shows just as an open order, no shipping details.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What is weird with mine, is I got an email confirmation from the US Store of HTC Vive.

However if I click that link it does not recognize my credentials. Now this is the link that came with my order confirmation.

But if I click on just Vive on that website in the upper left, there I can enter my credentials and  it shows me the open order. It shows as an HTC America online store open order.

Very strange...

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

7 hours ago, Supmua said:

Sharpness is relative because it depends on supersampling as well as sharpness setting of the panel (besides the fixed panel resolution).

If you’ve ever played with sharpness setting on your TV or monitor you’ll see that it can make the exact same TV behave differently (at high sharpness setting texts appear more sharp at the expense of halo artifacts). And this is how Reshade VR sharpness works without actually increasing the resolution—so default panel sharpness setting by software can play a role.

In VR, you also have this sweet spot thing where a headset has to be worn a certain way to perceive optimal sharpness so it’s even more complex.

I also read that there was a bug in Extreme mode of the Vive Pro 2 that caused SteamVR to render lower than full resolution, not sure if this has been fixed.

I won’t be able to do AB comparison since I don’t have a G2, but to truly test sharpness you have to make sure that all these variables are really at their native values without any enhancement applied.

I missed trying Reshade VR when I first heard of it, promptly forgot about it so thanks for the reminder. Just tried it and it really is very nice for the G1, definite bump up in clarity and makes it more vivid and less washed out. Thanks again!

When you say native values do you means the native panel resolutions or the native panel resolution with the standard 100% SteamVR setting? The latter is variable depending upon the amount of barrel distortion super sampling considered correct (Steam don't always get it right, especially at first it seems if I recall correctly with the G1 being at 188% just to hit its native panel resolution, though they seem to have sorted it now).

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

4 hours ago, Baldrick33 said:

I missed trying Reshade VR when I first heard of it, promptly forgot about it so thanks for the reminder. Just tried it and it really is very nice for the G1, definite bump up in clarity and makes it more vivid and less washed out. Thanks again!

When you say native values do you means the native panel resolutions or the native panel resolution with the standard 100% SteamVR setting? The latter is variable depending upon the amount of barrel distortion super sampling considered correct (Steam don't always get it right, especially at first it seems if I recall correctly with the G1 being at 188% just to hit its native panel resolution, though they seem to have sorted it now).

Yeah using Rehade VR CAS with my Index is almost like getting a brand new headset.  Too bad not all games are supported yet, but this is AMD fildelity fx tech so it is here to stay.

Native means fixed res but testing that in VR isn't something that is easy to do, since lens sizes and shapes as well as panel res aren't always the same.  Supersampling is used to correct distortion in VR/wrapping images around your visual field of view, so headsets that use higher SS to address distortion (for example 1.4x instead of 1.2x) can give better sharpness even though native res may be the same.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Have been waiting eagerly all day for a shipping notice from HTC.  Nothing yet.   Still says "Order Submitted" and "Boxed shipment"  

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Yep still no shipping notice here either.

Don B

Me neither, but people who ordered from B&HPhoto and Adorama with overnight shipping are already getting theirs.  I'm not dying to get mine so I'm ok for another week or so.

Report from someone who owns multiple headsets including G2.  Edge to edge clarity seems pretty good, and that was my #1 concern since the Index has spoiled me in this area.  If I glance to the side and it's blurry then I won't like it.

Some Relevant Notes for first time Vive Pro 2 Users + Comparisons : Vive (reddit.com)

Edited by Supmua

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Yeah, Dell just moved my shipping from June 8 to November 20, lol. So I canceled and am eagerly awaiting your reviews. I’ll have to figure out another way to use my $250 Dell credit. 

i9 11900KF, RTX 3090 24GB G DDR6X, 1TB SSD, 64GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, Reverb G2.

Well, I cancelled my order with HTC since they've never updated me at all after the preorder, couldn't get the status update on their website either.  Ordered from BHPhoto instead with free expedite shipping and it'll be here by Monday, even sooner since I typically get stuff from them the day after shipment.  I could probably pick it up tomorrow or weekend since I live very close to NY but the traffic there is really awful.

Edited by Supmua

1 hour ago, Supmua said:

Me neither, but people who ordered from B&HPhoto and Adorama with overnight shipping are already getting theirs.  I'm not dying to get mine so I'm ok for another week or so.

Report from someone who owns multiple headsets including G2.  Edge to edge clarity seems pretty good, and that was my #1 concern since the Index has spoiled me in this area.  If I glance to the side and it's blurry then I won't like it.

Some Relevant Notes for first time Vive Pro 2 Users + Comparisons : Vive (reddit.com)

Glad I read that sounds promising.

Don B

Yay checked my pre-order status this morning and now it shows processing for shipping , maybe not much longer now!

Don B

same here! Fingers crossed.

Also, reading on two bad headsets so far, (in discord and reddit)

One guy said he hung his on a VR Wall Mount, screens up, and next morning had a massive moire pattern that went away after leaving the headset on for awhile.

Another had odd refresh issue where it looked like it displayed no picture for 2 out of every 3 frames, and the 3rd frame was only half the screen.

Hoping these issues are not wide spread.

2 hours ago, dburne said:

Yay checked my pre-order status this morning and now it shows processing for shipping , maybe not much longer now!

Lol.   I should've waited a day then I guess, as I pre-ordered on the 12th.  HTC customer service wasn't being very reassuring though when I asked when I should expect it to be fulfilled so I cancelled with them and placed my order with B&H Photo last night.     I got my tracking number from them about an hour ago and Fedex has it in their possession.   Unfortunately that cost me another $54 because I forfeited the $50 discount from HTC, BUT, whatever.  Mine's on the way.  

I will say, the base stations I ordered from HTC got here like 2 days after my order.   So I wouldn't be surprised if you guys had your headsets by Monday.  

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

i pre-ordered from HTC on May 11th.

My order started to show "in fulfillment" as of today:

Order Status: Pending Fulfillment

Your order has been released for fulfillment. You will receive a shipment confirmation email with tracking when your product is shipped. Tracking numbers will be displayed on this page after the product has shipped.

31 minutes ago, Headwarp said:

Lol.   I should've waited a day then I guess, as I pre-ordered on the 12th.  HTC customer service wasn't being very reassuring though when I asked when I should expect it to be fulfilled so I cancelled with them and placed my order with B&H Photo last night.     I got my tracking number from them about an hour ago and Fedex has it in their possession.   Unfortunately that cost me another $54 because I forfeited the $50 discount from HTC, BUT, whatever.  Mine's on the way.  

I will say, the base stations I ordered from HTC got here like 2 days after my order.   So I wouldn't be surprised if you guys had your headsets by Monday.  

That would certainly be nice no doubt, but as long as I get next week I will be happy.

My new face cushions will be here today so I will be ready for it.

Don B

Mine will be here tomorrow (B&H), they’re very fast if the product is in stock. 

25 minutes ago, Supmua said:

Mine will be here tomorrow (B&H), they’re very fast if the product is in stock. 

Nice!

HTC should have done a better job with getting units out to all those that pre-ordered.

Don B

If you want to deepdive and check various aspects of your VR headsets objectively, check out testhmd.com. 

On 6/2/2021 at 12:34 AM, Supmua said:

Yes but I bought the Quest 2 version per MRTV’s suggestion since it also fits my Quest 2.

Is this the one we're talking about?

Minimal Foam Replacement Set for Oculus™ Quest 2 (Dark Grey) – VR Cover EU

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Sigh - mine still says waiting for fulfillment. I was hopeful when I saw that this morning that it might be shipping today, starting to not look like it now though.

Don B