Russia's new Sukhoi when?

IcedVenom

1 hour ago, Mars Exulte said:

Ah, yes, what's even better than *one* dead end design? TWO dead end designs!

I mean, we have photos of it being towed around with tarps on it to hide the shape, so it's not that dead end of a design.

I was referring more to the part where the Su-57 exists in the form of 10 protoypes (only part of which are flight capable) and 2 serial planes, rejected by India and generally struggling for funding and/or relevance in the world. I suppose they might be able to make a smaller, cheaper, ''lessons learned'' design palatable, but with everyone else of note making their own native stealth jets, they're likely to enter a crowded market and end up flopping around again.

• Like 5

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I don't think Sukhoi is currently working on a Sukhoi single engine plane. Since all resources are needed for the development of the Su-57.

But your design looks very familiar with the design of the Mig 41, as far as I know this is currently being developed

p.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_PAK_DP

Edited by Blackdavis12

I was referring more to the part where the Su-57 exists in the form of 10 protoypes (only part of which are flight capable) and 2 serial planes, rejected by India and generally struggling for funding and/or relevance in the world. I suppose they might be able to make a smaller, cheaper, ''lessons learned'' design palatable, but with everyone else of note making their own native stealth jets, they're likely to enter a crowded market and end up flopping around again.
All this bullshit is all yours or did you read it somewhere?

Read about aircraft development process please.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Tapatalk

:megalol:

Probably never....

• Like 2

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

8 hours ago, Blackdavis12 said:

I don't think Sukhoi is currently working on a Sukhoi single engine plane. 

There's news articles about it. Google ''Russian stealth jet'' and it's literally the first thing that pops up. It's supposed to be revealed momentarily.

8 hours ago, Sajarov said:

All this bullshit is all yours or did you read it somewhere?

Well, I don't work for Sukhoi or the Russian MoD (and presumably neither do you) so I'm going to go on a limb and say we're both ''reading stuff somewhere''.

8 hours ago, Sajarov said:

Read about aircraft development process please.

Yes? And? There are 10-12 of them at present, roughly half of which are non-flying testbeds or otherwise early development models. Four of them are capable of flight, afaik, and two have been deployed to combat to Syria (presumably the two serial production planes). These are facts, allowing for my count to be slightly off.

India was originally a major partner in the development. They departed for two primary reasons : the Russians trying to stick them with the bill, and the plane not satisfying their requirements. This is also factual.

After originally saying they were going to replace the MiGs and Sus outright, the Russians started chopping the order, eventually saying ''Oh, well, our fighters are so 1337 nobody can challenge them anyway, so what we have is good enough'' which is a publicly acceptable way of saying ''Goddammit, we're broke and nobody wants to buy this PoS''. There were supposed to be at least a few dozen of them by now, even with the order cuts... afaik no additional aircraft have been built yet, although some few dozen are on order. This is also all factual, although I'm prepared to be corrected if production has indeed actually resumed, I do not expect more than a handful to have been built even if so.

It's a largely dead project. Unless there's something uniquely appealing about this new light fighter, it's likely to also end up a dead project.

Current numbers:

F-35 = 500ish, another 1000-1500 likely plus lots of foreign interest

F-22 = 150ish

J-20 = 150ish, another couple hundred likely

Unicorns = never seen

Su-57 = 10-12 (but really only 2 because the testbeds don't count) with ??? ''ordered'' and no foreign interest whatsoever.

Edited by Mars Exulte
  • Like 4

Su-75.png

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

We can't even get a 1980's high-fidelity russian jet, and somehow you'd think - nay, dream - that a prototype jet not even revealed could be added in DCS. Maybe in the next Ace Combat, but in DCS, I'd say not in our lifetime. Which is fine, nothing is there in the sim to support a 2020+ battlefield, so what is the point?

• Like 5

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

On 7/18/2021 at 10:17 AM, Blackdavis12 said:

I don't think Sukhoi is currently working on a Sukhoi single engine plane. Since all resources are needed for the development of the Su-57.

But your design looks very familiar with the design of the Mig 41, as far as I know this is currently being developed

p.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_PAK_DP

The pic has none to do with a "PAK_DP", thats coming from a "how a Mig-21 will by if get build as a 5th gen fighter" some years before PAK DP start talking, nothing more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

The pic has none to do with a "PAK_DP", thats coming from a "how a Mig-21 will by if get build as a 5th gen fighter" some years before PAK DP start talking, nothing more.

Hmm… I feel a Jeff++ mod coming to a user file space near you soon. 😄 

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

39 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

A: the guy meant the reveal of the jet

B: thats horribly wrong

Do you speak for Icedvenom? Also, this is the DCS Wishlist. If you want to speak about real life aviation, there is a sub-forum for that.

Oh so we have a 1980's russian jet in DCS in high fidelity? I'm very sorry, I was not aware of it. Where is it so I can buy it? 

(If you are referring to the rumor about a Mig-29A from late 1970's / early 1980's, it is still a dream at this point, nowhere near confirmed let alone available. I'll believe it when I see it.)

Edited by Qiou87

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

4 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

If you are referring to the rumor about a Mig-29A from late 1970's / early 1980's, it is still a dream at this point, nowhere near confirmed

Hmm, I thought this was good enough confirmation:

9-12 after black shark 3

https://discord.com/channels/542985647502393346/545551595581079552/789540889642795058

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

4 hours ago, Qiou87 said:

Do you speak for Icedvenom? Also, this is the DCS Wishlist. If you want to speak about real life aviation, there is a sub-forum for that.

Oh so we have a 1980's russian jet in DCS in high fidelity? I'm very sorry, I was not aware of it. Where is it so I can buy it? 

(If you are referring to the rumor about a Mig-29A from late 1970's / early 1980's, it is still a dream at this point, nowhere near confirmed let alone available. I'll believe it when I see it.)

Just because we DONT have it dosent mean we CANT.

Mig 29 IS confirmed

...not to mention you're just typing predictions as facts based on the idea that it sounds bout right.

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot

Reminder that Black Shark 3 had its development halted for a while due to Russian export laws, despite the fact that it was announced, confirmed, and in active development.

Seriously all this talk about "plane X is confirmed so it's good to go ez" makes no sense. If something is not in the DCS store it should be regarded as not existing because getting info is hard, plans change, laws change, development is super time consuming, and a whole list of other reasons.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

Reminder that Black Shark 3 had its development halted for a while due to Russian export laws, despite the fact that it was announced, confirmed, and in active development.

Did ED mentioned something after this message regarding BS3?

DCS:Blackshark 3 is still happening

and some clarifications Chizh made about the systems:

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

Seriously all this talk about "plane X is confirmed so it's good to go ez" makes no sense. If something is not in the DCS store it should be regarded as not existing because getting info is hard, plans change, laws change, development is super time consuming, and a whole list of other reasons.

IIRC Kate mentioned that ED already have all information they need for 9-12 development. Also Hind was confirmed a long time before appearing in ED store and now it's there.

Все написанное выше является моим оценочным суждением

Everything written above reflects my personal opinion

Занимаюсь "активной пропагандой Американцев на данном форуме" © Flanker

4 hours ago, TLTeo said:

The Phantom, Me-262 and AH-1 were also confirmed to be in development. Again, plans change, get used to it.

Yep, when it's in the shop for $59.95 THEN you can take it serious 😃 Anything before that is subject to change 😛

• Like 2