It's a "boom and zoom"

Gunfreak

After trying many a dogfight against the Anton,  where I only won if I hit him during the first pass. I tried to turn fight the Anton, he always got behind me. But I ened up on a vertical turn fight, and he couldn’t shake me.

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

yesterday I was fighting the AI Mosquito in my trusty Fw190 A8. The amount of acrobatics that Mosquito did was amazeballs. And I have pretty much the same sentiment:  I can only win if I damage the Mossie AI on the first pass... after that it's all about vertical yo-yo's and in the end my A8 ends up in flames.

26 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

yesterday I was fighting the AI Mosquito in my trusty Fw190 A8. The amount of acrobatics that Mosquito did was amazeballs. And I have pretty much the same sentiment:  I can only win if I damage the Mossie AI on the first pass... after that it's all about vertical yo-yo's and in the end my A8 ends up in flames.

Trust me a human player would not be able to do this, the AI is well known to far exceed the capability of the aircraft, this is true for all the WWII aircraft.

The good news is that they are working on the AI. 

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

38 minutes ago, razo+r said:

AI or human?

Anton was veteran AI.

4 minutes ago, Krupi said:

Trust me a human player would not be able to do this, the AI is well known to far exceed the capability of the aircraft, this is true for all the WWII aircraft.

I'm finishing up a video of the fight,  so you can see how the Mossie just loops and loops.

• Like 1

At low altitudes a light mosquito will run circles around FW190A8 (human players). The only advantages of the Anton are roll rate, handling at high speeds, and the Mossie’s neg G issues. Defensively the Anton should go for scissors (flat or vertical, not rolling) to exploit its roll and the Mosquito carburetor issues. Alternatively, dive and take the fight to 400 mph, if you still can’t win, at least you will be able to run away.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

Here I am doing some dogfighting with an Anton. 

You'll see me struggling trying to outturn the Anton then get into a loop de loop fight. Please ignore the ludicrous amount of ammo I miss use. I should have killed it on the second loop at latest. Instead it took me like 12 loops or something. 

36 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

You'll see me struggling trying to outturn the Anton then get into a loop de loop fight. Please ignore the ludicrous amount of ammo I miss use. I should have killed it on the second loop at latest. Instead it took me like 12 loops or something. 

the first pass was hilarious how you lost your tail/rudder structure, almost like a snake shedding its skin lol...  you've got a new tail underneath ! 😄

6 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

the first pass was hilarious how you lost your tail/rudder structure, almost like a snake shedding its skin lol...  you've got a new tail underneath ! 😄

It flew perfectly fine afterwards,  I didn't try and land or anything.  But I did fly around and looked at the Anton go down. Just flying It, it didn't feel like I got hit that badly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

After trying many a dogfight against the Anton,  where I only won if I hit him during the first pass. I tried to turn fight the Anton, he always got behind me. But I ened up on a vertical turn fight, and he couldn’t shake me.

See Growling Sidewinder's YouTube video on Mossie combat with the FW190.

Edited by Davee

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Again this is an AI issue, it doesn't take into account that the aircraft it is flying against can beat it in loops... Same thing happens with the Anton against the Spit.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

It flew perfectly fine afterwards,  I didn't try and land or anything.  But I did fly around and looked at the Anton go down. Just flying It, it didn't feel like I got hit that badly.

Mossie's DM. It's in the works. 🙂  Anyhoo, it's an awesome addition to our WWII lives!

4 hours ago, Nealius said:

There's your problem. Veteran AI break the laws of physics. Rookie is better for dogfighting, but even still they have omniscience of your velocity vector and can lead rounds on target like a DARPA robot. 

It wasn't so much about the Anton, more that I was surprised how good the mossie was as a vertical fighter,  doing loops in infinite. 

Edited by Gunfreak

20 hours ago, Krupi said:

Fingers crossed of both an overhaul on the AI FM and the accuracy of AAA and flak.

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.