CV-59 Forrestal Feedback Thread

IronMike

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2024 at 6:49 AM, Raisuli said:

Can take off once; the second time I take off I have no flight controls.

It was reported some time ago. You should have the controls back in the air though, right?

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

5 hours ago, draconus said:

It was reported some time ago. You should have the controls back in the air though, right?

Nope.  At least not as long as it takes to hit the water after going into a nice ballistic arc with only flaps and some rudder to manage it.  Took off from 59, landed on 59, took off again, same problem.  59 is now retired and has been replaced with a different carrier.  My gut is it's not likely to come out of mothballs in my lifetime.

Incidentally if you run up to AB, then back down to mil salute gets you off the boat.  On non-SC carriers all you need is mil.  Still need AB to get off the Kuz, though.  At least if you want to keep flying after the deck ends.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, toni said:

can you shoot via the Request Launch comm menu ?

No, this is for the supercarrier deck crew to get into launch positions.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

1 minute ago, toni said:

thanks, so via keyboard I gues

Yes, for non-supercarrier launch you just press Cat Launch/Salute bind (default LShift+U).