More twins šŸ˜ƒ

rkk01

I have to say that the Mosquito is an absolute gemā€¦šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

One of the delights that is so easy to miss with this module isā€¦

ā€¦ just how much extra depth flying a twin brings to DCS - engine operation and management, shutdowns, feathering, single engine landings, even fuel management is so much more critical

ā€œBring ā€˜em onā€¦!ā€

More twins PLEASE

P-38 is the most compelling case, and should probably be close to the top of the warbirds list

But there are a number of other twins worthy of consideration - ie are right up there

Bristol Beaufighter - caused havoc with Coastal Command and as a TF. X would make a great Strike Wing pairing with the Mossie FB.VI. Ā Also renowned for itā€™s hard hitting campaigns against the Japanese, often paired with Spits

Bf 110 - much requested as a Luftwaffe twinā€¦ just not sure what would work in DCS. Outclassed for day ops in our time period, but a Lichtenstein equipped version would be very interestingĀ 

Ju-88ā€¦ as a Schnellbomber or Nachtjagerā€¦ or just please make it flyable as isšŸ™‚

Mitsubishi G4M - if weā€™re turning towards the PTO, then theĀ Betty is a must have AIā€¦

Ā 

If I had to pick one, it would have to be the Beaufighterā€¦

Ā 

ā€¦or, perhaps, perhapsā€¦

Ā 

the Westland Whirlwind

Ā 

just need a Peregrine barn find, or two!!!

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 1

A P-38J to me is the only logical plane to develop next, twin engine Alison Turbo joy that was relevant to the "time" that DcS repeesents over Normandy, and potentially do msny other theaters. Not seen one in the real world but would be an instant purchase, BTW so would a Typhoon as the only other missing Normandy 44 legend

• Like 1

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

It would be great to see a Beaufighter, a forgotten workhorse. Given that The Fighter Collection have this under restoration to flight I imagine it will be present in DCS one day.

https://fighter-collection.com/cft/beaufighter/

I would love to see a Ju88 personally.

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

P-38 for me, by far. It's the reason I bought a different WW2 sim and would love to see it in DCS. I would have to figure out a way to mount a yoke in my rig.

Bf-110 because it's an iconic part of WW2 ETO.. but maybe as part of an effort to build out more early war stuff. Same with Ju-87.

What about the Me-410 Hornisse?

Beaufighter would be cool, but I feel like a second UK twin-engine should be fairly low on the priority list before we have some twins for other countries developed first.

Betty would be amazing... (as would Zero... and really anything related to PTO)

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Like 1

I agree that P-38 is the obvious choice for the next twin, and the one likely to bring the most sales.

Then we need something from the evil side. BF-110 Iā€™d love to have in the future, but it does not fit well with our current roster. Me-410 will be a good attack plane and an interesting plane to fly with a lots of armament options. My vote however will go to a Ju-88 attack variant.

A Beaufighter will be an instant buy for me. I love this plane - the ugly duckling that somehow was always at the right place at the right time, a one that ended up being greater than the sum of its (Beaufort bomber) parts. Come on, two Hercules radials, torpedoes, rockets, 4 Hispanosā€¦ just donā€™t make it a Merlin variant because itā€™s just ain't right - Hercules or bust!

Edited by Bozon
  • Like 3

ā€œMosquitoes fly, but flies donā€™t Mosquitoā€ :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

Ā 

... well, he could have said it!

• 4 months later...
On 10/23/2021 at 4:55 PM, rkk01 said:

ā€¦or, perhaps, perhapsā€¦

A P-61 Black Widow!!! Thereā€™s so many cool things about the P-61, like itā€™s radar and its 4,000lbs bomb load.

Ā 

Superb night fighter and superb ground attacker. Would be such a fantastic addition.

There are issues with some of these requests, as understandable as they maybe;

Bristol BeaufighterĀ 

Bf 110

Ju-88

Mitsubishi G4M

P-61 Black Widow

These all suffer from an important, almost critical omission: no flyable examples. Wind tunnel or CFD data can get you so far, but unless you have the equivalent of ErichĀ Brunotte for each type (unlikely) you need to have modern pilots with recent experience of the handling characteristics to understand the flavour of the FM.

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, agreed and a particular constraint for the axis aircraftā€¦

Is the Beau still in the restoration hangar at Duxford?? Ā Thought that example might be a good way to get the Beau in to DCS

ETA - even for Brits, itā€™s easy to overlook or forget the importance of the Bristol Herculesā€¦ the Merlin has pushed everything else into obscurity.

Recent reading about the Stirling took me aback when I read the power output of the Hercules engines on that thingā€¦ 4 x 1500 hp

Ā 

Edited by rkk01

It's probably not a clue, but I find curious that the A20G Havoc, as an AI, stands with all the flyable WWII modules in DCS files, instead of Ā being with the other "only AI" WWII aircraft...Ā an appealing aircraft btw.

(DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods\WWII Units)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 5:23 AM, DD_Fenrir said:

61 Black Widow

These all suffer from an important, almost critical omission: no flyable examples

Ah! Well thatā€™s where youā€™re wrong! Thereā€™s a P-61B thatā€™s been in restoration for over 30 years and its nearing full restoration to airworthy condition.

The last update on the restoration was in 2020, but there is a full-time restoration team working on it. But itā€™s largely complete. I reckon if ED were to hit up the museum that owns it (when itā€™s done), we could realistically get a P-61B!

The real problem would be the fact that it would have nothing to fight. But, thatā€™s hardly even a problem because by the time the restoration is complete, and the hypothetical module in DCS were to be released into EA, DCS WW2 would have likely developed massively in the Pacific and with Assets. So a P-61 is very doable!

• Like 1