Refueling Bug

Eldur

@NineLine Just throwing this in here, because it's most likely related and the closest that the search brought up fitting my issue. Just had a go with the K-4 after a long while not flying WWII in DCS and immediately noticed something weird.

I have my planes set up with 20% fuel load and usually refuel during the cold and dark startup. When I let the ground crew refuel the K-4, it does so, and it's audible as in any other plane. Then the refuel sound stops and re-starts again after a second or so - and will never stop as long as the wheels are on ground (I've stopped the track without taxiing because I couldn't have the crew crank my flywheel as it was still stuck refueling dev/null) and it will start again on landing even after a flight.

My "guesstimate" conclusion is that it is the MW-50 tank causing the issue because I ran out of MW-50 in the subsequent flight (started the engine before letting them refuel), noticable by engine tremor happening at close to 1.8ata with MW-50 on after a few minutes (=overboosting since there's no MW-50 flowing anymore), which could be because of the initial 20% fuel load which probably is also applied to the MW-50 tank. And the second refuel process that starts immediately after the first probably is for the MW-50 tank as well, but it doesn't refuel it, it never gets full and therefor the refueling process never ends.

109K-4 refuel issue track

Hope that will help squashing that bug finally fsgrin.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

This bug also shows up when you simply de-fuel from 100% to 0%. Then you hear and see the fuel indicator drop, after 1-2s you hear a short 2nd defuel sound. But when you refuel again, you hear and see the fuel pumped into the tank till it is full. The 2nd refuel sound for MW50 doesn't stop.

k4_endless mw50refuel.trk

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team
On 9/2/2021 at 3:42 PM, Eldur said:

@NineLine Just throwing this in here, because it's most likely related and the closest that the search brought up fitting my issue. Just had a go with the K-4 after a long while not flying WWII in DCS and immediately noticed something weird.

I have my planes set up with 20% fuel load and usually refuel during the cold and dark startup. When I let the ground crew refuel the K-4, it does so, and it's audible as in any other plane. Then the refuel sound stops and re-starts again after a second or so - and will never stop as long as the wheels are on ground (I've stopped the track without taxiing because I couldn't have the crew crank my flywheel as it was still stuck refueling dev/null) and it will start again on landing even after a flight.

My "guesstimate" conclusion is that it is the MW-50 tank causing the issue because I ran out of MW-50 in the subsequent flight (started the engine before letting them refuel), noticable by engine tremor happening at close to 1.8ata with MW-50 on after a few minutes (=overboosting since there's no MW-50 flowing anymore), which could be because of the initial 20% fuel load which probably is also applied to the MW-50 tank. And the second refuel process that starts immediately after the first probably is for the MW-50 tank as well, but it doesn't refuel it, it never gets full and therefor the refueling process never ends.

109K-4 refuel issue track

Hope that will help squashing that bug finally fsgrin.png

I'll take a look, the Mossie was doing something similar as well. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 5 weeks later...

This bug has been here for a 2+ years. I am very surprised that nothing was done with it so far. Also, if you to repair after the flight and then refuel the plane will not start again. The autostop procedure will run, but ground crew will not engage initial starter. So the only remedy is to respawn. Sad.

I was flying my 109 with my brother yesterday and we both got the refueling bug. As a matter of fact we always get the bug when we fly the 109.  it's really annoying because we like to try and keep our airframe as long as possible before we have to spawn into a new one again, and with the 109 we always have to get a new bird after every mission.  Please fix this, it's been two years already!

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

• 3 weeks later...

Here are 2 tips to solve  start up and refuelling bugs:

1.  Engage Autostart procedure

2. Don`t touch any key on keyboard, nor pedals, nor joystick until propeller starts to rotate. If you touch anything, the procedure gets disrupted and fail.

3. If you by accident touch anything, then autostart procedure will go through all steps except of inertial starter. To start up the engine you need to ask ground crew in communication menu to RUN INERTIAL STARTER. You may need to open canopy. Wait for COPY reply, then wait further 30 secs and when ground crew shout some word [ forgot what exactly it is ], manually pull engine starter with the mouse. The engine will kick in.

Also 4 days ago I found out by accident how to make Inertial Starter to engage after  refueling.

The fix is:

1.  Go to comms menu and press REARM AND REFUELL.

2.  Empty the internal fuel tank to  0% and attach a new, fresh external tank to the belly. 

3. After ground crew is done with everything, go for Autostart procedure. Fuel from external tank will immediately gets pumped into internal tank and the inertial starter and engine will kick in.

4. As you fly around in Messerschmitt, after every landing just put a new fresh 300L external that will keep topping up internal tank. so you will never need to actually doing REFUELLING....just REARMING.

Congratulation for purchasing Messerschmitt with all its quirks! Bf-109 will fly far at 2200rpm in Auto mode, so even 300L will keep you in air for 1 hour in mid altitudes. No need to cruise at 2400rpm or more. The speed gain would be only marginal and at 2200rpm the plane is more relaxed and you don`t need to fight powerful torque effect. Mentioning that don`t forget to tune Aileron Trim in Special Settings to fit your flying style. Mine is set to 29units LEFT and is tuned for 2200rpm level cruise in Auto Governor Mode.

Edited by Rainbowgirl

Well I found out that if you refuel, wait until it stops the first time, and before the bug starts trying to refuel you(forever!)again, just roll forward a bit until ground crew yells bloody murder! "Hey what are you doing!"  Then rearm if you have to.  Solved!  it's not pretty, but it works until ED can find this gremlin that's been hiding for over two years now.  Cheers, hope this workaround helps.

Edited by StormBat

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

• 3 months later...

ED cc @NineLine .  There are some cosmetic bugs like several tails that are OK if they linger longer as they are just "inconvenient", but not game-breaking.

This fueling bug really could be the end of your run, mission, or MP game.  If your engine is on, you can "cheat" your way out of being stuck on by moving and "resetting" the ground crew, but if your engine stopped (for example, due to being out of fuel), you are simply paperweight on the ground: your crew will never finish fueling, so you cannot call for inertial starter, therefore never start up and move.  You are simply done for.

Also, if you are in need of repairs and need to shut down your engine and don't do it on the "correct (bugged) order", you could also end up no longer being able to start.  This has happened to me in several MP games and it just completely spoils hours of work towards your objectives.

Just like the Dora engine blowing up bug, this should really be a priority, and, I can assume, not that hard to "trigger" the right procedures.

This is, in certain scenarios, unrecoverable from.  Please bump this to a higher level priority?

Edited by RafaPolit

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

• 4 weeks later...