F-15E WIP Update Discussion

DSplayer

Doesn’t ED also contract for government defense? Could be why? Just speculating.

Edit: oh wait, it was a trade show. Hmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

1 hour ago, Dick_Cabeza said:

Here's what is bothering me about this whole thing. Razbam had a version of the F-15E Suite 4+ module that was good enough to showcase at IT2EC nearly a month ago. The module, by the way, was ran on an ED Server. So my questions are:

1) If there was a version that was "good enough" to showcase at a trade show A MONTH AGO, why is it that us paying customers have yet to be given access to the module. We all understand that it's not going to be fully functional when we receive the early access version. But if there is a version that was "good enough" to show off at a trade show, then it's good enough to deliver to the paying customers "as-is".

2) Since the demo was run on an ED server, that would seem to indicate that ED had already completed at least some level of testing on the module.

Like I said, this was all nearly a month ago, so what is ED's justification for continuing to delay the early access release of the F-15E module? They need to stop playing games and release it already.

Here's a link to the post that I got all the above info from so you can read it for yourself: 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ron-zambrano-83b822a_amazing-experience-during-the-it2ec-in-rotterdam-activity-7057454362779885568-zkQY?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

A guided demo of a product is *completely* different to a release to the masses.

Many times I would have to instruct those demoing my early software on what to do and what not to do so the product looked more complete or worked better than it it would in general use. 

No company holds back stuff to annoy their customers.

Edited by Thx1137
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Dick_Cabeza said:

Here's what is bothering me about this whole thing. Razbam had a version of the F-15E Suite 4+ module that was good enough to showcase at IT2EC nearly a month ago.

That's a different product than what's being made for us, looks like both are the same Suite but the pro version may be much more complete than ours.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dick_Cabeza said:

Here's what is bothering me about this whole thing. Razbam had a version of the F-15E Suite 4+ module that was good enough to showcase at IT2EC nearly a month ago. The module, by the way, was ran on an ED Server. So my questions are:

1) If there was a version that was "good enough" to showcase at a trade show A MONTH AGO, why is it that us paying customers have yet to be given access to the module. We all understand that it's not going to be fully functional when we receive the early access version. But if there is a version that was "good enough" to show off at a trade show, then it's good enough to deliver to the paying customers "as-is".

2) Since the demo was run on an ED server, that would seem to indicate that ED had already completed at least some level of testing on the module.

Like I said, this was all nearly a month ago, so what is ED's justification for continuing to delay the early access release of the F-15E module? They need to stop playing games and release it already.

Here's a link to the post that I got all the above info from so you can read it for yourself: 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/ron-zambrano-83b822a_amazing-experience-during-the-it2ec-in-rotterdam-activity-7057454362779885568-zkQY?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

A marketing demo is one thing, and a final product is another. If you are interested in the gaming market, you should know that from time to time there are organized fairs (example E3) where demos are shown, and sometimes it is still 2 years or more until the title is released. PR and marketing are far from the real state. I am 100% convinced that the product was not finished for this presentation, even if it was not officially mentioned (why to give this information?). 

Another thing is that the fair you mentioned is intended for the army and technology, so - it's a long tender and implementation, not pulling out the credit card and buying the add-on immediately. If the contract was signed then, it would probably take another six months or more to implement it. Until then, such a simulator of F-15E would be easy to polish.

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

12 hours ago, Dick_Cabeza said:

It's not really how software development or game development works. ED will have been given builds from very early on and placed within the games code to deal with regressed issues affecting the wider game as a whole. They'll be testing each build as it's delivered.

I would assume that Razbam is working to set milestones which match up with EDs development and integration of the Strike Eagle, signing off features as they are delivered. It's entirely possible there's Strike Eagle related code version of the Open Beta going back some time as it makes it easier to diagnose and test. Depends on how they do things - only ED will be able to tell you. ED is holding off release for a number of reasons only known to them but it's probably just fixing issues or it could be they have a release schedule they want to stick too and the next big feature is the next item that's actually ready which could be Sinai or the F4E. Only ED will know.

As for demos - ED can just skip over features that don't work or are not properly functional. It could have been the Strike Eagle model using the flight mode of the C. Marketing events for games is smoke and mirrors. 

• Like 3

ED does contracts with professional partners and that’s where they make the big money. I know this because I’ve been involved. I guess it’s fair to assume that we as private customers will rank second when the interests of the big actors are at stake.

Good morning! Adding final touches to the manual and if all goes well, I will try to have it ready for you a few days before the official release of the F-15E Strike Eagle. We're at 513 pages and counting!

zr82l6Pl.jpg

• Like 3

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

49 minutes ago, giullep said:

2 weeks…

If you were to lose a digit every time you mention this, would you have enough left to operate HOTAS by the time the thing actually releases? 🤔

Edited by Ich Dien

On 5/6/2023 at 4:18 AM, giullep said:

Calm down folks…the good is in the wait..after the release the hype will over and we will search another new thing to wait😂😂😂

Space Shuttle!

Come on, who's gonna make it?

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

On 5/8/2023 at 2:30 PM, JumpinK said:

Constant teasing without giving a release date is a bit like "gaslighting".
And also the "silent treatment".
Both very narcissistic behaviours.

I'm glad that razbam isn't my girlfriend...

I dunno, I'd kind of like to have a girlfriend that could create high-fidelity fighter jet sims.  Imagine the roleplaying possibilities. 

Her: Is that an M61 20mm autocannon or are just happy to see me?

You: 20? Pfffft. This one here's 30mm, baby, and not a millimeter less, wanna see it fire?

Edited by Rex
  • Like 1

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

40 minutes ago, jeffreymg said:

Why post about the manual as it is still a wip? Just making everyone who is waiting just more crazy.

JeffG

Only the impatient and insufferable. As for the rest of us the post is just informative. Some users claim to want to be updated well, there's one! I'm still exploring Normandy 2. Woohoo!

• Like 4

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

55 minutes ago, jeffreymg said:

Why post about the manual as it is still a wip? Just making everyone who is waiting just more crazy.

JeffG

This whole thread is supposed to be about wip updates, not pissing and moaning

Edited by Pipe
  • Like 5

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

4 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

Only the impatient and insufferable. As for the rest of us the post is just informative. Some users claim to want to be updated well, there's one! I'm still exploring Normandy 2. Woohoo!

Sadly the Normandy 2 thing only matters to people who got it. As I don't have storage for it... Didn't pick it up. 

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

5 hours ago, jeffreymg said:

Why post about the manual as it is still a wip? 

This topis is about F-15E updates, honestly, it should only concern what is happening with the development of the F-15E.

If you want to talk about Pre Order, there is a separate topic here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw. I think this part about manual is important too, this has even been repeated several times:

I will try to have it ready for you a few days before the official release of the F-15E Strike Eagle

So we will know when EA will be released, not like some said it would be without giving any date, even if it's a long way off still. Then you will be able to do pre-order with a specific release date. :thumbup:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

10 hours ago, Rex said:

I dunno, I'd kind of like to have a girlfriend that could create high-fidelity fighter jet sims.  Imagine the roleplaying possibilities. 

Her: Is that an M61 20mm autocannon or are just happy to see me?

You: 20? Pfffft. This one here's 30mm, baby, and not a millimeter less, wanna see it fire?

As long as she's not the Mirage kind of girl. Y'know, the type who prefer dual DEFA 554s...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

IMG_1456.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon

If there were a date, then they will say it. Pointless to speculate. Ignore and carry on.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.