1 hour ago, TPS Report said:

Was the removal of the R60s on the Hind in Syria intentional?  It was the only way you can fight back against the folks camping the heli spawns

It was was intentional (will have it on the Persian Gulf map when the F4 releases and they add that map to ECW).
And not sure how the R60 was a way to fight back vs any competent player. The time it takes to startup-rearm and activate weapons is more then 5x the time needed for the camper to kill you. Just take a different FARP.

23 hours ago, MorgothNL said:

It was was intentional (will have it on the Persian Gulf map when the F4 releases and they add that map to ECW).
And not sure how the R60 was a way to fight back vs any competent player. The time it takes to startup-rearm and activate weapons is more then 5x the time needed for the camper to kill you. Just take a different FARP.

I'm severely limited in the amount of time I can play (small kids) so getting to the action as quickly as possible is what I try to do.  I'll be happy to have them on the gulf map whenever that drops.  I'll probably have to sit out ECW for a bit though, I love the hind, but so many times it's just a camp fest trying to do some ground pound.

Friday, Feb 16th, 2024 Update to previous posting.

The following ideas and suggestions are suggestions/opinion/ideas for the next ECW patch (2.5) or sooner. Current patch is ECW 2.4 at the time of this writing.

- Still no A-10 or SU-25 aircraft to select on the Caucus Split Map today.  Instead, we are left with the Mig 15 (no missile capability - bad for Red Force) opposite to the Blue Forces F-86 that carries two missiles.  Not a balanced trade.   Also, keep SU-25 and A-10 on all ECW maps.    

- MI-24 Hind R60s.  Keep the R60s for the MI-24 on all ECW maps.  

- Create an all-in-one standalone guide for the ECW Server that is all inclusive  single source for everything including future updates. Shouldn’t have to go to Discord !FAQ to learn piecemeal about what to do. Some pilots complain that they cannot access Enigma Discord for one reason or another. Include the most important updates on the Server Mission Briefing page. Something like: ‘Chuck’s ECW Dynamic Cold War Server Guide' would help greatly.

- Remove the F-86 (and Mig 15) from the ECW Server. The F-86 carries two AIM 9 missiles while the Mig 15 carries no missiles – not an even trade out. Remove all training aircraft as well – of no value on this server. Trade these aircraft Server slots for the F-4E and other aircraft/helicopters in the future. Only so many slots on the Server.

- KA50 Helicopter.   Time for the KA50 Black Shark 2/3 to be introduced on the Server?  Time frame now is allowing F-14 and Mig 29s now onto this Server with the F-4E and Mig 23 to soon show up on the Server.  The KA50 would make a great Hunter/Killer team with the MI-24 and other Red Helicopters - not sure what could be added to the Blue side helicopter choices.

- Ramming other aircraft. If ramming is ok to do, then please put it on the Mission Briefing page.  Whether deliberate or not, having no ammo/low on fuel/’cornered like a rat’ where you can’t get away due to multiple enemy aircraft should be prohibited -- you wouldn't do it in the real world... this is a simulation and not W.T.  An aircraft ramming was deliberately done recently by a very well respected Server pilot who admitted in the tab chat to the following reasons for ramming a Mig-21 -” I was out of ammo so I rammed you...”  I know this is difficult to enforce. 

- Keep AWACS aircraft invulnerable.  No need to pay credit or request spawn of AWACS - keep it simple.  Invulnerable AWACs simplifies things.

- Communications. Everyone should at least monitor the primary comms frequencies for jets and helicopters. Just practice good comms. Keep conversations short and simple.  Pilots concerned about not being able to talk to anyone on SRS because it was explained to them that many of the pilots have gone over to their private Discord comms - this comes across as 'elitist' by doing this and not a team effort to win.   Exception:  Helicopters.

- Live GCI. Eliminate live GCI because the exceptional new EWR auto display, BRAA notifications, are now available on our PC gaming screen. Besides, the live GCI is ‘over-the-top too helpful.’ Have watched many of the Y.T.  uploaded dogfights using live GCI and they are micro-managing the pilot's dogfight down to a couple of hundred feet from their aircraft. They make it so that the pilot doesn’t even have to turn his head to even ‘check six’ because GCI is telling them everything right down to who is flying off of his/her wingtip.  Is that balanced?  Realistic? EWR bot callouts are excellent! (no live GCI required) Should continue across the whole hex-based map and not just on your side.

Note:  A great expert opinion on how effective the GCI really was during the time frame (1980s?) that the ECW Server is trying to depict is Tactical Pascale – who was a real-world GCI controller (in England I think) and has put out many YT videos.

This ECW Server is one of the very finest, exceptional Servers out there -- well done by all of the Enigma/ECW Team!   I'm trying to keep suggestions that keep the Server fair and balanced for the time period that the ECW Staff appear to be depicting... 1980s i think.  

Not trolling here, really.  Just looking for ideas and suggestions to help improve the ECW Server for all of us - especially if we want to bring newer players onto this Server.

Maximo

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Red_Pilot said:

Hi ! Any chance to see Enima's server on PG map? It has better perfomance then Syria map 

I believe the plan is to introduce the PG map with the F-4 

• Like 1