2 minutes ago, Skyracer said:

What happened with Alpens server was that they put in ridiculous weapons restrictions. This pandemic has just started on this server. I mean RB-24 for the viggen? Come on man. Whats next?

I mean alpen removed A2A weapons for viggen.

Hopefully this server is focusing on realism not team balance. Cold War in syria? Wtf Cold war should be in Caucasus  

I see. 

Well, from the numbers of players I see on the server they seem to be striking a pretty good balance. I know it's my favorite server right now.

50 minutes ago, Omega417 said:

I don't think the cold war was really fought anywhere, so why shouldn't they use all the maps available?

Well stated.

By it’s very nature, the Cold War could have turned into a Hot War anywhere in the world. 

Edited by Cab
  • Like 1

I logged a few flights on the Cold War server and I really love the idea behind it! My favorite jets are from that era.

But I ran into a problem I can't seem to fix, that is the very bad performance. 
Normally, on my own server and offline play, that is not an issue at all. I have a 9900K 3080ti 64GB Ram machine, so plenty of horsepower.

I'm flying in VR with OpenXR installed.

But for some reason my FPS on this server is dropping to 18-20 the closer I get to the frontline. 
Is this something related to the complexity of the mission or something in my settings? 

I realize there is no magic answer that would fix this in a few clicks, but I'm wondering how much effort I should put into this. Maybe it is what it is.

Cheers Falcko

Edited by Falcko

3 hours ago, Falcko said:

I logged a few flights on the Cold War server and I really love the idea behind it! My favorite jets are from that era.

Normally, on my own server and offline play, that is not an issue at all. I have a 9900K 3080ti 64GB Ram machine, so plenty of horsepower.

But for some reason my FPS on this server is dropping to 18-20 the closer I get to the frontline. 
Is this something related to the complexity of the mission or something in my settings? 

I realize there is no magic answer that would fix this in a few clicks, but I'm wondering how much effort I should put into this. Maybe it is what it is.

Cheers Falcko

I have the same power but i play in 3d.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

I've did the following:

• Changed my settings like in the video above
  • Disabled hyperthreading
  • Changed the DCS settings to the lowest possible settings

And this had zero effect on the FPS on the Enigma server, as soon as I'm 3 or 4 zones away from the frontline the FPS drops to 30. And closer to the frontline it drops to about 20 and becomes unflyable. 

At this point I have no idea what to try next...

Edited by Falcko

How is F1 vs Mig21 when it comes to dogfighting? 

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 2 weeks later...

Be very very careful, MiG-21 pilots: R-60 (NOT the R-60M version!) is tail-aspect only! Better use R-3R! (seems that so far, MiG-21 is only DCS aircraft to be able to carry basic R-60 version.)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

On 12/3/2022 at 7:21 PM, Skyracer said:

How is F1 vs Mig21 when it comes to dogfighting? 

MiG-21 wins pretty handily unless the F1 is less than 50% fuel and flies super well, overall F1 is great for bnz, but quite hard to dogfight in (for most players pretty much any other plane on ECW is going to be "easier" to dogfight in).

530 IRs and 530 EMs are very good dogfight missiles though, so they can shake things up in a fight if the F1 gets a good lock.

I tried a search for this but came up empty... maybe the wrong wordage... anyway, on Enigma server:

In Specials > Mi-24P settings, I have it set to Coalition color. When Petrovitch ID's a target it is Enemy=Blue, Unknown=Yellow and Friend=Red. Is this correct? Someone else was claiming that Friends=Blue and Enemy=Red.

Tried to use textlordbot in my F-86 and the comms menu didn't work.  I do hear the overlord radio traffic so I'm tuned in to the right channel, but I'd prefer to use the text option if possible since it doesn't cost the server anything.  Is there a trick to getting it working?

Enigma, is there a non-membership donation option available?  I'd like to support this with a one-time amount instead of a monthly.

Thank you for putting so much thought into this -- it makes DCS so much more fun.

Dear Enigma89,

Please return the server setting to 'allow player export' as soon as possible as since this was just turned off I can no longer use my JetPad with SimShaker for Aviators sortware ( https://github.com/Simshaker-for-Aviators/SimShaker-for-Aviators-Releases  ) as it will not work unless 'allow player export' is activated.

Without JetPad and SSA my aircraft is dead as I get no vibrations through my seat without it.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

On 11/30/2022 at 8:21 AM, Skyracer said:

Cold War in syria? Wtf Cold war should be in Caucasus  

I would put the server on a Candyland map if it meant the gameplay would be more engaging.

40 minutes ago, Talisman_VR said:

Dear Enigma89,

Please return the server setting to 'allow player export' as soon as possible as since this was just turned off I can no longer use my JetPad with SimShaker for Aviators sortware ( https://github.com/Simshaker-for-Aviators/SimShaker-for-Aviators-Releases  ) as it will not work unless 'allow player export' is activated.

Without JetPad and SSA my aircraft is dead as I get no vibrations through my seat without it.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Done

17 hours ago, rhinofilms said:

Tried to use textlordbot in my F-86 and the comms menu didn't work.  I do hear the overlord radio traffic so I'm tuned in to the right channel, but I'd prefer to use the text option if possible since it doesn't cost the server anything.  Is there a trick to getting it working?

Enigma, is there a non-membership donation option available?  I'd like to support this with a one-time amount instead of a monthly.

Thank you for putting so much thought into this -- it makes DCS so much more fun.

Textlord works. If you aren't able to get it up it may be a keymapper issue. There is no other way to donate besides Patreon. You can donate for a yearly amount then immediately cancel if you would like. I do not use PayPal.

• Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 9:23 AM, Enigma89 said:

You can donate for a yearly amount then immediately cancel if you would like. I do not use PayPal.

Kicked in $30 the other day.  Huge thank you for putting so much thought into it.  Wish we had this for WWII as well...

Edited by rhinofilms

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am having difficulty trying to select and spawn into a farp of my choosing. On the F10 map the farps are labelled by names/words (ex:AN Nasiriyah), but when I try to select role when joining the server the FARP's are labelled by digits(ex: farp-04). How do I correlate the two? 

Edit: Never mind! As much as I would love to play multiplayer, unfortunately the framerate fps drops way too low to be playable on my VR PC (gtx3080ti/10900K). I'll wait till DCS gets better optimized. In the meantime I'll be playin single-player. : (

Edited by vracan

Are both the Mirage 2000 and F1's going to be allowed on the Cold War server? I saw Enigma's video speaking about the positives of the Mirage 2000 for Cold War but looking at the list of planes, I don't see it there anymore, just the F1? Wasn't sure if both or just one Mirage variant are allowed. Thank you.

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Dear Enigma,

A friend and I have been attacking front depots with two Huey helicopters loaded with standard troops.  The problem we have been having is that the first Huey to drop off troops finds lots of ground units and destroys 6 of them leaving plenty of ground units for the second Huey to destroy.  However, the second Huey gets a message to say that zero targets have been found.  The same thing appears to happen sometimes when we attack normal front line units too.

Could you shed any light on this because we are somewhat confused why the second Huey gets a message to say zero enemy units found when the first Huey has messages indicating that there are many enemy units found and many still left to engage.

Thank you in anticipation.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by Talisman_VR
  • Like 1

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Do downed pilots transmit the emergency signal on 121.500MHz? I cannot get it working in Hind. My ARK-U2 is powered up and set to R-852 COMPASS. I use channel 4 on R-852 radio, HSI Mode Selector set to ARK-U2 but the needle won't move. No matter how close I am to the pilot. It works fine in my own mission so I don't think I am doing something wrong.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

En 1/12/2022 a las 5:01, Falcko dijo:

Cheers Falcko

Hey team.

I have the exact same issue as Falcko.

I finally decided to give this server a try and while performance is normal on single player or if I'm on the backline of the server, once in reach the frontline and look to it the fps tank making it unplayable in VR.

I have a 5800x3d +3080 + 32gb Ram.

I have been hesitant to play MP DCS for a while, this server seems the best for somebody that comes from WW2 games... But with this performance I guess that I'll have to go back to play with the FINISH guys and the buddys in the BOX unfortunately. 

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.