Project Lancaster

Is it time to start a Lancaster Liveries Competition Scoobs?

Of course, you’d have to dish templates for the trolley-accs and tractors too. 😁 Not that I know how to skin anything yet but ya know.

Looking gorgeous as ever. Definitely trim some red out of that wing roundel though. 😉

• Like 3

Sincerely these screenshots look great, beautiful 3-d model and textures, will love to edit missions for it once its released 👍 ... in the meantime I will edit some using the Mosquito as a stand-in  🙂 

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 9/12/2023 at 6:59 PM, RedeyeStorm said:

Lancaster ED603 was shot down in 1943 over the IJsselmeer Netherlands. All seven crew where killed. Four of the crew washed ashore. It is being recovered right now by a Royal Netherlands Airforce and army crew. Remains of the missing crew members have been found in the wreck. 

It makes your efforts a nice monument to those crews that lost their lives. Good luck with your efforts.

Will add this one to the list If I can find good photos

• Like 3

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, stuart666 said:

Its a beautiful model.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, are you including a version with flame dampers?

We did have exhaust hiders at some point but I might have deleted them by accident, Planned to maybe put them in the mission editor options

vBBMF diplay with the old model in august remastered to 1080p

• Like 5

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

1 hour ago, Scoobyon said:

We did have exhaust hiders at some point but I might have deleted them by accident, Planned to maybe put them in the mission editor options

vBBMF diplay with the old model in august remastered to 1080p

Yeah that makes sense. By the end of the war there were some lancaster squadrons that flew only by day, so its conceivable on those they were deleted.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Breakaway said:

Out of curiosity, why isn't this being released as an official module in the DCS store, you guys deserve the revenue and this will surely enhance the DCS WW2 gameplay.

Maybe it will be in the future but there is a lot of work to get it to ED standard, we are just 4 guys doing a 7 man aircraft.

DCS_2023-08-28_21-21-32.png

DCS_2023-08-28_21-21-07.png

image.png

Before and after of tail sections, Havent had time recently to take screenshots so the other ones might be reposted elsewhere

• Like 14

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

• 2 weeks later...

Screen_231011_171318.jpg

Screen_231011_170943.jpg

Screen_231011_170545.jpg

Screen_231011_115427.jpg

Been busy with non lancaster related things recently but work is still ongoing with coding, testing theories for multi-crew and now a working hydraulic system. Also a few new animations on the gear legs and internal bits

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

Minor Lancaster Fanboy

EDbanner.png

Bit late to the party, but good Lord is it hopping in here! Amazing work @Scoobyon Loki and team, this is a staggering project done to the highest levels. Top comms too, which always helps 🙂

Looks like you're rounding the bend into the final furlong (good job none of us know how long a furlong is!), all the best!

Tonker

• Like 2

Nah, I've only just met 'er...:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 12:16 PM, Slippa said:

I won’t mind. I can barely navigate in broad daylight. Hope the Compass works well in this Lanc compared to the Mossie, I’ll still be getting lost but it’d be nice knowing it’s there for the more competent. 

Do the Upkeeps spin at all Scoobs?

i use this to set time and date to get an 'enlightning' full moon in IL2 Great Battles, maybe it works in DCS ?

https://www.fullmoon.info/