NAS Fallon

I realize that there was never planned to include Fallon, but it seems that it could be done, if the developer wanted to do it. It's a shame that it's not there when it's a major air station for the Navy and Marine Corps, and at least as important to them as Nelis is to the Air Force. It's totally within the current map area.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

22 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

NTTR has feature complete and NAS Falllon never was planned. ED actually has none plans to expand NTTR.

I'm aware of that ED has no plans to expand. It just seems strange that the area where the base would be is on the map, but they just didn't program it. It seems very strange to me. However, it could be done if they wanted to do it.

• Like 2

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

I'm aware of that ED has no plans to expand. It just seems strange that the area where the base would be is on the map, but they just didn't program it. It seems very strange to me. However, it could be done if they wanted to do it.
Fallon has on the low detail zone of the map an only a ugly texture. The same situation with Kuwait city on Persian Gulf or others sites on others maps. Zones never planned and only a texture. .

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure navy jets use the range. I know they did in the past; F4 and F14 pilots flew against migs based out of tonopah, often stopping at nellis to fuel up.  

I kinda get it. Drooping bombs on one patch of desert is about the same as any other. ED can't compete with xplane or msfs in the sight-seeing department and I don't think we want them devoting resources to that anyway. 

• Like 2

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 6 months later...
On 2/2/2022 at 3:30 PM, DeltaMike said:

I'm pretty sure navy jets use the range. I know they did in the past; F4 and F14 pilots flew against migs based out of tonopah, often stopping at nellis to fuel up.  

I kinda get it. Drooping bombs on one patch of desert is about the same as any other. ED can't compete with xplane or msfs in the sight-seeing department and I don't think we want them devoting resources to that anyway

You don't speak for everyone.

• Like 3

I have wanted this many times. NAS Fallon, NAS China Lake and even Edwards AFB locations are on the map. I wish they would just open this map up to be modded...

• Like 4

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

4 minutes ago, 104th_Money said:

I have wanted this many times. NAS Fallon, NAS China Lake and even Edwards AFB locations are on the map. I wish they would just open this map up to be modded...

To modding a map and adding airports, you require the sources by ED, and the TDK, only available to the 3rd parties.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

@Silver_Dragon

I know the chances are slim to none and slim left town...Just seems like such a waste to not develop that particular map to its full potential. It really doesnt have some of the same issues like other maps where due to political climate or other circumstances that they dont want to create, add or remove areas.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wi-fi 2 motherboard, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm side mounted intake fans and 3 x 140mm top mounted exhaust fans, 1 x 140mm rear mounted exhaust fans, front mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in 3 push, 3 pull intake configuration, 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

3 minutes ago, 104th_Money said:

@Silver_Dragon

I know the chances are slim to none and slim left town...Just seems like such a waste to not develop that particular map to its full potential. It really doesnt have some of the same issues like other maps where due to political climate or other circumstances that they dont want to create, add or remove areas.

As talk before, NTTR map was developed with the NTTR Usaf training zone to A-10C module and the first map builded with EDGE tecnology and TDK tool. ED never planned make outside zones has north Arizona, detail California state and coast or build NAS Fallon, NAS China Lake, Edwards AFB or NTC zones.

The map has feature complete and actually ED has none plans to expand or redone them.  They has continue advance EDGE technology with other maps and the future "Whole World" Tecnology. Meanwhile that zones can math with UsNavy AV-8B and F/A-18C hornet, and Army AH-6D Blk 2, but on the moment of the map was builded, that module never was take acount. Of course, on some interview, Wags talk about build NTC, but the problems was the use and the lack of features to use them.

The only luck to build them, has a 3rd party plan a California and North arizona map, similar to OnReTech: Sinay Map.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team
10 hours ago, 104th_Money said:

@Silver_Dragon

The map is feature complete, I love the map and would love to see it revisited at some point, but just no plans right now, and no idea what could or couldn't be done without starting fresh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@NineLine

I understand from a business standpoint. That ship has sailed for ED. But the requirements for getting a license to build a complete map is out of the ballpark for 99.99% of the people here. I don't think it would necessarily be something that needed to be redone from scratch but if that were the case, I would think at least some of the work that was done to the original map could be carried over.

From a few different perspectives, opening it up to be modded with some sort of restricted licensing could be very beneficial to ED and the consumers. Maybe where there is a set goal of what to complete like redefining the map area, adding a set amount of new airbases and possibly even bringing it up to date with the new mapping standards.

I'm quite certain there are enough modders with the skillset and desire to update the map that a collective volunteer team could be established to take on the task. In addition, there could potentially be numerous individuals on the brink of developing the skillsets required to assist in the modding and allowing them to be part of the modification process on a smaller project might just give them the remaining knowledge and spark the confidence needed to take on a larger on once they are comfortable with what it entails. This could lead to a bigger pool of map creators or at least offer the current pool a bigger group to pull from should they want to expand or lose staffing. 

I think ED should really consider and would really benefit from a one time opportunity for the community to accomplish this.

Get Wags on board with this Nineline!

Edited by 104th_Money
mispellings
  • Like 9

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/29/2022 at 9:00 AM, 104th_Money said:

From a few different perspectives, opening it up to be modded with some sort of restricted licensing could be very beneficial to ED and the consumers

I think this idea should be re evaluated by ED in general, at least for some parts of the game.

I understand the criticality high, DCS is not some freely invented CoD or CS:Go thing, but the community shows great motivation and capability.
The A-4, Skynet, Liberation or Moose are just some examples, that could be more or less somehow natively available or better tied to the game/easier to use.

• Like 1

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 1 month later...

I would also love to see the NTTR map redone and expanded!

• Like 3

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

I kinda lost hope for NTTR and even though I was completely not excited when the "Top End Australia" map was announced, I feel like it will replace the NTTR for me.

The problem is, I would love to do trainings on it with our virtual SQN, but nobody wants to buy it for $50 (?), it's not worth this price for most people.
And if I see the state of the newer maps, I can actually understand it. I would still buy it, but I am biased. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bananabrai said:

nobody wants to buy it for $50 (?), it's not worth this price

I purchased it during a sale, for considerably less than $50.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I purchased it during a sale, for considerably less than $50.

Sales are not the usual case. And during sales, also the newer and better locking maps are cheaper.
It doesn't make it easier to convince people in buying it anyway. But that's another topic. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, Boss86005 said:

I would also love to see the NTTR map redone and expanded!

On 2/26/2023 at 11:43 AM, m0j0NL said:

Complete or not, I'd love for them to assign a dev or two to update my favorite map, and indeed #1 on my wishlist is to include Fallon.

It will eventually happen, don't worry. Enjoy what is there now, and maybe in 2-3 years we will all see the DCS World to be a better place for us all 🙂

Spherical Earth Map
2022 saw great progress creating the tools and technologies to support a precise spherical Earth map for DCS. Because this map will be based on current day, it will operate independently of the current and future regional maps that allow historic maps such as World War II, Korea, Vietnam, and other scenarios. Spherical Earth efforts will continue in 2023.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta