VKB Tecs Throttle--When's it coming?

Cerulean

Hey folks, I was just wondering if anyone has any news about the VKB Tecs throttle.  When it might be coming available. That is a piece of hardware I am really looking forward to, especially as I am upgrading my equipment as I prepare to launch a flight/space sim channel.

No one really know when (except for VKB) it will be released, it's just a wait and see situation at the moment.  VKB is keeping all info about this product very close the their chest. Check out their forum here http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&p=52318&sid=36769bf9ccb195a655012ae761acabcd#p52318

Edited by Outlaw24

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

3 hours ago, KWard said:

At this point I don't think even VKB knows. 😛  Reading between the lines, I think supply chain problems have them stymied.

LOL that was what I was about to reply!

I am sure it will be a great throttle whenever it does come, but seems at least from lack of any updates it is not hot on the plate so to speak. My Warthog throttle started to give me some trouble early last year so I went with the Virpil CM3 Throttle and am loving it. I will likely add the VKB TECS if and when it ever does come.  I use their Gunfighter stick with extension along with Ultimate Grip on it and absolutely love that setup.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

8 minutes ago, dburne said:

but seems at least from lack of any updates it is not hot on the plate so to speak.

This I disagree with. I think they would very much like to bring it out, they just can't get some part or resource they need. They've all but said as much in their forums. They'll bring it out as soon as they possibly can.

At the beginning I was looking forward to it, but after a long time and an incident I realized that the developers of VKB had no intention of making their product well, I have now given up completely, include my own VKB products, and have ordered a series of Virpil while Christmas sale.

5 hours ago, KWard said:

I think supply chain problems have them stymied.

I don't think it is about supply chain problems, most likely VKB was concentrate on NXT series or facing some technical issues.  (just guess)

Edited by vr2viv

I'm desperately waiting for it too. 

For me the amount of hat's and interchangeability and price is very important. (They told that they were targeting 200 euro range for standard version which fits perfectly for me).

But since they could not keep the targeted 50-60 euro range for the sem modules I'm getting worried about it. Virpil CM3 fits perfectly to my needs except price (shipping included) but if VKB cannot keep the price target and overshoots it with 60-80% I than do not know what to do.

I think this is what's holding them back. Ther premium throttle should be competing with the Virpil or Wing wing products where standart version will be the new standard best budget throttle like the gladiator. But if they start selling it over 300 euros it will not be such a success. 

Edited by Rapierarch

Whatever the reason , i suspect it is causing them loss of sales of sticks as well as throttles . I am considering an upgrade , but do not wish to have two different software programs running , so it looks at this point like Virpil .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

3 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

Whatever the reason , i suspect it is causing them loss of sales of sticks as well as throttles . I am considering an upgrade , but do not wish to have two different software programs running , so it looks at this point like Virpil .

It is really no issue as the software is just used for setting it up and configuring buttons and axis mostly. I use a VKB stick and Virpil throttle and once set up I rarely get into the software for either. But yeah to your point, Virpil is probably benefitting overall from the VKB throttle offering not being available yet as some are like you and will just want the same brand of both and currently Virpil has that.

Frankly I love my VKB stick and Virpil throttle about the same, both are high quality precision units that perform very well. And I feel very fortunate to be able to have both.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

8 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

I run both VKB and Virpil. I understand your hesitancy because I had thatfirst thought prior to committing too.

However - honestly - there is no issue at all because you don't require 2 different software running. Both of them are configured by 'writing' the settings to the device itself. I can pull my devices off one computer, plug them into another computer without any Virpil software and have them work the same. The software is only required for the initial configuration and doesn't need to be running in the background after that. I could uninstall Virpil and VKB software from my system now and continue to run fine now that I have the devices configured the way I like. It's not like Logitech and other devices that require their software to be running to keep your custom configuration going.

Additionally - some of the software is interchangable. (Not the configuration side of course, but the testing side). I can view my devices with the other brands software and do testing as well. 

So don't let that stop you from buying what's best for your situation for each device. If you prefer the VKB stick and rudder, and Virpil Throttle - go for it - that's what I did and I'm extremely happy.

Edited by Dangerzone

At the end of 2017, VKB officially announced that TECS throttle is under development, but 4 years have passed, makes me feel like I was pranked.  Or maybe it's a business strategy that makes users buy other products from VKB first and then wait for their throttle, god knows.

• Like 1

Thanks for that !

6 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

I run both VKB and Virpil. I understand your hesitancy because I had thatfirst thought prior to committing too.

However - honestly - there is no issue at all because you don't require 2 different software running. Both of them are configured by 'writing' the settings to the device itself. I can pull my devices off one computer, plug them into another computer without any Virpil software and have them work the same. The software is only required for the initial configuration and doesn't need to be running in the background after that. I could uninstall Virpil and VKB software from my system now and continue to run fine now that I have the devices configured the way I like. It's not like Logitech and other devices that require their software to be running to keep your custom configuration going.

Additionally - some of the software is interchangable. (Not the configuration side of course, but the testing side). I can view my devices with the other brands software and do testing as well. 

So don't let that stop you from buying what's best for your situation for each device. If you prefer the VKB stick and rudder, and Virpil Throttle - go for it - that's what I did and I'm extremely happy.

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

On 1/19/2022 at 8:29 PM, dburne said:

LOL that was what I was about to reply!

I am sure it will be a great throttle whenever it does come, but seems at least from lack of any updates it is not hot on the plate so to speak. My Warthog throttle started to give me some trouble early last year so I went with the Virpil CM3 Throttle and am loving it. I will likely add the VKB TECS if and when it ever does come.  I use their Gunfighter stick with extension along with Ultimate Grip on it and absolutely love that setup.

I would love to get a Virpil CM3 but the exchange between Canadian and Euro dollars is a killer. My wife would kill me if I spent that much on a throttle.

Can we end these posts?  I's been years . .  and years. 
There is no such thing; there never will be such a thing.   Excuses such as supply chain only work for a year a two.
Can't we please just get a definitive statement from VKB that this is never going to happen and if they won't make it, I will. 
There never was and never will be a VKB TECS Throttle.  Can we all get back to bitching about DCS's lack of multi-thread support and poor VR performance?

Edited by plane_crazy242
  • Like 1

Now see, even Duke Nukem Forever was released, it just took some patience. 😉

But honestly I can’t see why there wouldn’t be a VKB Throttle in the future. There’s definitely a market and also I guess there’s quite a lot of prestige riding on this. If VKB wants to be seen as one of the best hardware providers many people will expect a complete lineup from them, including a throttle. So wait and see. Better they take some more time and get it completely right.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

On 1/24/2022 at 5:37 AM, Archduke said:

Now see, even Duke Nukem Forever was released, it just took some patience. 😉

But honestly I can’t see why there wouldn’t be a VKB Throttle in the future. There’s definitely a market and also I guess there’s quite a lot of prestige riding on this. If VKB wants to be seen as one of the best hardware providers many people will expect a complete lineup from them, including a throttle. So wait and see. Better they take some more time and get it completely right.

I don't know to say you are naive or what is more suitable. He is expressing his anger and disappointment to VKB for a company that has not achieved any results after 4 years.  In addition, should you also think about whether a company with such incompetence, should you buy it even VKB make this happen?

Edited by vr2viv

6 hours ago, vr2viv said:

I don't know to say you are naive or what is more suitable. He is expressing his anger and disappointment to VKB for a company that has not achieved any results after 4 years.  In addition, should you also think about whether a company with such incompetence, should you buy it even VKB make this happen?

Thanks for not outright calling me stupid, I guess. So in reciprocity I will return the favour.

As to how long it takes VKB to present a finished product (a „result“), well, a lot has happened in the meantime. Four years for an innovative, perfectly designed product, that can be bought at the time it is officially released, is almost nothing, especially in times of Covid-19.

So maybe VKB can be criticised for their silence. I would dearly like to have some news (and of course their throttle even more). But they didn’t promise any release date, on the contrary they said „TECS is not going to be released by end of lunar year“. Of course there are expectations from their customers. But releasing a badly designed product would have a far worse impact on their reputation than waiting until the design and manufacturing is just right. As I said, a lot may be riding on this.

And honestly I don’t know how you can see any „incompetence“ on their part. I don’t own any devices from VKB (yet), but afaik their hardware is beyond reproach. If somebody is disappointed by the lack of news I can understand that (and I’m unhappy too), but „incompetence“? No.

Z390 MB | i7-8700k | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB m.2 NVME | 1TB SATA SSD | AsRock 6900XT | PowerMac G5 Case Mod | HP Reverb G2 | AKG K500 | TM Warthog | Virpil TCS Rotor Base w/ Constellation Alpha | Virpil MongoosT CM2 base w/ MongooseT grip (soon) | MFG Crosswind pedals | 3x TM Cougar MFDs

11 hours ago, Archduke said:

Thanks for not outright calling me stupid, I guess. So in reciprocity I will return the favour.

Please accept my apology, I may be a little rude.  In fact, I am a victim of this company, that is about some very bad experience when I bought their upgrade kit to upgrade my Gunfighter base II to III, in that case, made me understand VKB's carelessness and ignore the stability and quality for cost reduction.

People may complain about VKB here.  Anyway, everyone has their own choice.

Edited by vr2viv

On 1/20/2022 at 6:09 PM, vr2viv said:

At the end of 2017, VKB officially announced that TECS throttle is under development, but 4 years have passed, makes me feel like I was pranked.  Or maybe it's a business strategy that makes users buy other products from VKB first and then wait for their throttle, god knows.

23 hours ago, vr2viv said:

3 hours ago, vr2viv said:

Please accept my apology, I may be a little rude.  In fact, I am a victim of this company, that is about some very bad experience when I bought their upgrade kit to upgrade my Gunfighter base II to III, in that case, made me understand VKB's carelessness and ignore the stability and quality for cost reduction.

People may complain about VKB here.  Anyway, everyone has their own choice.

On 1/19/2022 at 6:30 PM, vr2viv said:

I don't think it is about supply chain problems, most likely VKB was concentrate on NXT series or facing some technical issues.  (just guess)

On 1/19/2022 at 6:23 PM, vr2viv said:

At the beginning I was looking forward to it, but after a long time and an incident I realized that the developers of VKB had no intention of making their product well, I have now given up completely, include my own VKB products, and have ordered a series of Virpil while Christmas sale.

Could you make up your mind - you consider yourself a victim of this company, which bla bla quality, stability, bla bla, but you also consider yourself pranked because the TECS haven't been released? So, based on these hateful comments, you despise the company, but you still wish you'd get one of their products?

You should've tried to put more effort in solving your issue with the adapter kit (which, btw, it's the only thing of the kind on the market; no other producer is upgrading older models instead of pushing people to buy new ones) rather than trying to <profanity> spray all over. 

I really hope, for your own good mental health, that you're just trolling. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 1:25 PM, fallout9 said:

Could you make up your mind - you consider yourself a victim of this company, which bla bla quality, stability, bla bla, but you also consider yourself pranked because the TECS haven't been released? So, based on these hateful comments, you despise the company, but you still wish you'd get one of their products?

You should've tried to put more effort in solving your issue with the adapter kit (which, btw, it's the only thing of the kind on the market; no other producer is upgrading older models instead of pushing people to buy new ones) rather than trying to <profanity> spray all over. 

I really hope, for your own good mental health, that you're just trolling. 

VKBSIM升级套装2-GUNFIGHTER滑轨套装/防尘罩套装/电路板升级套装-淘宝网 (taobao.com)

Taobao Review.PNG

check this our dumbass

Edited by vr2viv

Whoa, let‘s not completely derail this thread. Seems to me that tensions are a little bit high on all sides and nobody is doing himself any favours.

@fallout9As you can see there are quite some people interested in TECS and would very much like to have at least a vague idea if and maybe when it‘s coming (e.g. me). Can‘t you give us a very rough estimate when TECS might be released? Are we talking about probably this year or next or later? I‘d like to replace my WH Throttle and can wait. But not forever.

On a different note, that post really wasn‘t great publicity for your company, sorry.

@vr2viv Just stop it. When I had some extremely long and annoying problems with HP customer support because my Reverb broke, I kept it between me and HP, because a public flamefest wouldn‘t have helped. I suggest you do the same thing.

• Like 3