Announcing the F-4 Phantom for DCS World!

Cobra847

11 hours ago, WildWeasel303 said:

Heatblur is primarily based in Poland. 👍

What? Since when? Heatblur used to be Leatherneck, which was a Scandinavian+Serbian development team. They then split into Heatblur and Magnitude. Since when have they become primarily based in Poland?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

17 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What? Since when? Heatblur used to be Leatherneck, which was a Scandinavian+Serbian development team. They then split into Heatblur and Magnitude. Since when have they become primarily based in Poland?

I think @Cobra847said that during the Air Combat Sim podcast episode he featured in

1 hour ago, WarbossPetross said:

They do pre-orders for third-party modules now? Last I heard they don't since the Hawk debacle.

I think I remember ED putting a ban on crowdfunded modules because of the Hawk, is that maybe what you're thinking of?

Edit: Part of the F-4 FAQ: "Q: Will the Heatblur F-4 Phantom be released as Early Access?
A: The F-4E will be released as Early Access first..."

Edited by Horns
Added last part
  • Like 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

14 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Perfect - Poland is half way 😉

And it hads the Phantom from a few days  😉

Edited by Nahen
  • Like 1

4 часа назад, Horns сказал:

I think I remember ED putting a ban on crowdfunded modules because of the Hawk, is that maybe what you're thinking of?

Edit: Part of the F-4 FAQ: "Q: Will the Heatblur F-4 Phantom be released as Early Access?
A: The F-4E will be released as Early Access first..."

Nope, Early Access != pre-order. Early Access is the Jeff coming out without the air refuelling thingy or the Apache coming out without the radar hat. It means they are releasing a product they know is not fully complete that they intend to finish later, but as it is you can pay and play straight away. A pre-order is when they take your money before they release anything at all. I can fully see why they would release the Phantom in EA seeing how they intend to follow with a naval variant later and whatnot, but a pre-order for a third-party module would be a first in a long while after the Hawk thing. Maybe ED might allow it now if they know HB has passed the point of messing around, but I haven't seen anything about that and I've read "pre-order" and "pre-sale" and whatnot and got a little confused.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WarbossPetross said:

Nope, Early Access != pre-order. Early Access is the Jeff coming out without the air refuelling thingy or the Apache coming out without the radar hat. It means they are releasing a product they know is not fully complete that they intend to finish later, but as it is you can pay and play straight away. A pre-order is when they take your money before they release anything at all. I can fully see why they would release the Phantom in EA seeing how they intend to follow with a naval variant later and whatnot, but a pre-order for a third-party module would be a first in a long while after the Hawk thing. Maybe ED might allow it now if they know HB has passed the point of messing around, but I haven't seen anything about that and I've read "pre-order" and "pre-sale" and whatnot and got a little confused.

My bad, I didn’t read carefully enough. Can confirm what others have said though, they did accept preorders for the F-14.

• Like 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

3 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

Actually the plan they seem to be running is to release two different USAF F-4E variants, one "early" and one "late", getting the early first. The naval variant they decide to go with will be a different module, I would imagine with another early/late variant pack, as their doing with the F-4E and have done with the F-14. Becoming a bit of a heatblur signature for modules.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WarbossPetross said:

Beside what Czechnology said, and just for the love of precision (or mere fastidiousness), the last pre-order for a third party module, as someone already said before, was in october 2018 for the F-14.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Czechnology said:

Actually the plan they seem to be running is to release two different USAF F-4E variants, one "early" and one "late", getting the early first. The naval variant they decide to go with will be a different module, I would imagine with another early/late variant pack, as their doing with the F-4E and have done with the F-14. Becoming a bit of a heatblur signature for modules.

The options for this are an F-4B/F-4N  (N's were remanufactured B's) or the J/S (S's were rebuilt J's)

A must see film of Israeli Air Force Phantoms during operation order 20 (1971). Great cinematography, be sure to watch in HD.

Here are some interesting timecodes:

1. Retrieving of the film roll - Beginning 

2. Arming - 7:00

3. Preparation, takeoff, bombing the target - 8:05 until the end.

Edited by FlightLover
  • Like 3

On 1/10/2023 at 10:50 AM, Czechnology said:

I think it would be a pretty good deal if they could release twin-packs, like you say, "early/late".  If money is important to them for continued products:  Navy F-4B with the F-4N as a module.  Then the F-4J with the F-4S as a module.  Then the F-4C with the F-4D as a module.  After that...?  F-4K?  RF-4B or RF-4C?  And with that, the F-4 should be done...4, 5 or 6 separate modules out of it at $69/module, without an all-up start-out of a new aircraft...just modifications.  Take full advantage of McNamara's "Commonality" concept!  😉  ...and during the same time (a few years) working on the A-6A / A-6E / KA-6D, I hope!

I think the F-4E, at least, is going to be hugely popular/successful.  Seeing it in the "2023 and Beyond" video, I had to wear a bib...I was drooling like a St. Bernard looking at a plate of prime rib.  I even barked a couple times.  I myself, will purchase every F-4 module they put out!  And even the F4U Corsair, F4F Wildcat, F4D Skyray and Boeing F4B 'biplane'.  The Phantom II being the F4H before McNamara changed it all...which is probably why he changed it, LOL.  The F4 can't lose!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew8604 said:

I think it would be a pretty good deal if they could release twin-packs, like you say, "early/late".  If money is important to them for continued products:  Navy F-4B with the F-4N as a module.  Then the F-4J with the F-4S as a module.  Then the F-4C with the F-4D as a module.  After that...?  F-4K?  RF-4B or RF-4C?  And with that, the F-4 should be done...4, 5 or 6 separate modules out of it at $69/module, without an all-up start-out of a new aircraft...just modifications.  Take full advantage of McNamara's "Commonality" concept!  😉  ...and during the same time (a few years) working on the A-6A / A-6E / KA-6D, I hope!

I think the F-4E, at least, is going to be hugely popular/successful.  Seeing it in the "2023 and Beyond" video, I had to wear a bib...I was drooling like a St. Bernard looking at a plate of prime rib.  I even barked a couple times.  I myself, will purchase every F-4 module they put out!  And even the F4U Corsair, F4F Wildcat, F4D Skyray and Boeing F4B 'biplane'.  The Phantom II being the F4H before McNamara changed it all...which is probably why he changed it, LOL.  The F4 can't lose!

I think the F-4E is going to be the big seller between all the versions HB is working on. With 11 nations flying them historically and four still using them in frontline service today it’ll be the moneymaker.  

The “bullet nosed” Phantoms won’t be as strong sellers, as only a limited number of countries operated them. Besides the US/UK Navies, you have Spain , South Korea and Iran. 

3 hours ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

Well, yeah. A modern unrestricted Fox 2 visual fight is basically suicide-by-IR-missile regardless of aircraft type. 

As I understand it this is actually one of the big reasons for the shift to BVR.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Omega417 said:

I see this happening a lot to our beloved phantoms in a few months

Well, there are a lot of Cold War servers and scenarios in which that won't be a  problem.

Nice video, BTW, very interesting!

3 hours ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

I think the F-4E is going to be the big seller between all the versions HB is working on. With 11 nations flying them historically and four still using them in frontline service today it’ll be the moneymaker.  

The “bullet nosed” Phantoms won’t be as strong sellers, as only a limited number of countries operated them. Besides the US/UK Navies, you have Spain , South Korea and Iran. 

Honestly, I never bought a module paying any attention to what Country had it in service: I have to like/want the aircraft, everything else is secondary. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing there is a lot of people out there that thinks in the same way.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Kalasnkova74 said:

It’s rational for many peoples’ interest in the Phantom II to come from its service in their air arm. 

Absolutely. Many people will buy the module for exactly that reason.

But the F-4 was only operated by Australia, Greece, Iran, Israel, Japan, South Korea, Spain, West Germany, Great Britain, Turkey, and the United States. I'm confident a whole lot of people from countries not on that list will be buying it too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Do we know if the bort numbers will ever be made dynamic for the F-4? I recall the reason why the F-14 wasn't made that way, but does the F-4 suffer the same issue? I wouldn't mind downloading a ton of livery just for the numbers if it weren't for the limited space I have, and would also like to use for other future game assets. I know it's nitpicking on my end but it'd definitely be nice to know that I could give my storage a little break in the future. 

Edited by RevampedGrunt
typo
  • Like 2

Current Modules: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, AV-8B, Mirage 2KC, Mirage F-1, Mig-21, AJS-37, A-10C II, F-5E, AH-64D, UH-1H, Ka-50 BS2/BS3, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24P, SA342, Spitfire, P-47D, BF-109K, Mosquito
Tech Pack: WWII Assets
Terrain: Syria, Sinai, NTTR

Link below from reddit, I havent seen the thread here in the Forums where it originally came from, but I leave it here now anyways.

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective