Open Kneeboard for VR and 2d

Ready

Huion 640p here, cost ten quid on ebay.  3D printed a saddle and buckles with an elastic strap so it straps to your thigh like a proper kneeboard, also added a pen holder onto it 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

• 1 month later...

Would it be possible to have the Gazelle tablet in other planes/helicopters?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody have a link to a tutorial to show exactly how you set up and link a drawing tablet to this and dcs to use in VR? I watched a vid and the guy said he is using a drawing pad with a stylus pen.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

7 hours ago, westr said:

does anybody have a link to a tutorial to show exactly how you set up and link a drawing tablet to this and dcs to use in VR? I watched a vid and the guy said he is using a drawing pad with a stylus pen.

https://openkneeboard.com/how-to/wacom.html

• Thanks 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

First of all, I love Openkneeboard, using the stock kneeboard in VR is really clunky ant this utility is a huge help.

I can live with OKB (never realized the abbreviation was that cool!) crashing easily, I'm not sure if this is an issue of the program or of my installation.

But here's someting strange: when I was doing the training missions in the Harrier, all of the boards were visible in OKB, bow that I started a campaign, I only see the campaign-specific pages (Mission, Briefing etc), but the standard Worksheet doesn't show up and neither do the procedure pages. Also, some pages look slightly different in Openkneeboard and in the stock popup kneeboard. I was able to add some files to Openkneeboard but I don't get why it retrieves anly a part of what should be there automatically.

1 hour ago, Delta-canard said:

I can live with OKB (never realized the abbreviation was that cool!) crashing easily, I'm not sure if this is an issue of the program or of my installation.

There are currently no known crashes except when running as administrator which can only be fixed by Microsoft and is generally a bad idea anyway; if you’re not running as administrator sorry it’s complex, but if you follow the steps at https://openkneeboard.com/troubleshooting/crashes-and-freezes.html I might be able to fix whatever you’re encountering, or point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help
HTCC - Quest hand tracking for DCS; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

• 2 weeks later...

While it would be relatively straightforward for OpenKneeboard to run Lua (and it will probably support some level of Lua scripting in the future), that wouldn't help here: the problem is getting access to the internal DCS/module features that these lua kneeboard pages depend on to work. It would probably require per-module DCS patching, and likely have problems with IC and need frequent per-module updates to keep up with changes in DCS.

My projects:

OpenKneeboard - VR and non-VR kneeboard with optional support for drawing tablets; get help
HTCC - Quest hand tracking for DCS; get help

If you need help with these projects, please use their 'get help' links above; I'm not able to track support requests on these forums.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, winghunter said:

You can use DCS Web Viewer inside of OpenKneeboard. Now we need to hook up a moving map

grafik.png

How did you put a browser in openkneeboard?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I'm having an issue where I think I'm missing folders in DCS.  I just did a fresh install and when I get into a mission OR freeflight, it shows these errors.  I looked for each folder and I don't have the \kneeboard folder anywhere in DCS files.  Why would these be missing?

image.png