What Helicopter Module do you wanna see next?

Tank50us

Which Helicopter would you buy?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which Helicopter would you be most interested in buying?

• AH-1 Cobra Family
    • RAH-66 Comanche
    • MD500 Family
    • CH-47 Chinook
    • UH-72 Lakota
  2. 2. Which role(s) most interests you?

• Utility
    • Direct Attack
    • MedEvac and Humanitarian
    • Troop Transport
    • Recon
    • Cargo Transport
    • Ground Suppression (think the one scene in Black Hawk Down with the Little Birds)

13 minutes ago, okopanja said:

geee, you need to add BS3 up there

there is a reason I didn't add it.... it's already in development by ED. The point of this post post was to have have the community help figure out which helicopter for my own team to do... that isn't already in development by someone else, and for which the required information is accessible.

• Like 1

you know you want it...

aphoto5.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

On 3/16/2022 at 5:41 PM, grasnabe said:

Nothing of thouse......... Bring Vulkan and Multicore suport.!!!!!!!

bruh

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Your options were a little lacking. While I really want a Marine Cobra F model from the 1980's early 90's. Sidearm, and sidewinders!! I think that the Little Bird would be a great fit. One it's kinda low hanging fruit, two it would be fun as hell, and three we could reenact some movies with it. But having the side seats, and the armed models would make for a fun little module. Definitely inline with U.S. operations in the Middle East.  But right now we need an official UH-60. Also maybe an Mi-17 could happen. I would also put way way up there that Polychop getting back on their feat and fixing the Gazelle's FM is way way up there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

Your options were a little lacking. While I really want a Marine Cobra F model from the 1980's early 90's. Sidearm, and sidewinders!! I think that the Little Bird would be a great fit. One it's kinda low hanging fruit, two it would be fun as hell, and three we could reenact some movies with it. But having the side seats, and the armed models would make for a fun little module. Definitely inline with U.S. operations in the Middle East.  But right now we need an official UH-60. Also maybe an Mi-17 could happen. I would also put way way up there that Polychop getting back on their feat and fixing the Gazelle's FM is way way up there. 

that familg of helos is also freaking everywhere as well in both Civil and Military models

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aviator78 said:

IMHO the bread-and-butter modules have top priority over anything else, so:

Full fidelity UH-60A/L/M first and foremost.

I would agree. Especially if ED improves the infantry. The ability to carry a good number of troops into the fight would be amazing. It would also push funds to make the utility helos relevant. For a UH-60 module to be truly awesome the choppers need to be able to deliver supplies. And maybe even get an organic CSAR mission going.  With a dynamic campaign the Utility choppers could be really interesting. Dropping troops, picking up "wounded", sliping behind the lines to get downed pilots, delivering ammo and fuel to the front, and providing close air support. With the right improvements to the game a UH-60 could be one of the most interesting a d exiting modules to fly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aviator78 said:

Full fidelity UH-60A/L/M first and foremost.

The reason I didn't include it in this list is because we already have it as a mod, and if the team got their acts together, they could make it a full module, so that's one that effectively already in active development for all intents and purposes.

1 hour ago, Tank50us said:

The reason I didn't include it in this list is because we already have it as a mod, and if the team got their acts together, they could make it a full module, so that's one that effectively already in active development for all intents and purposes.

As far as I'm aware (and this is old info) full fidelity Sikorsky products are impossible because they don't sell licenses to sim developers at all. The best we can hope for the mod being upgraded, that is if they don't get a C&D from the license holder.

That team was told by ED that another team have dibs. So the UH-60 is coming. We just don't know by whom. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2022 at 8:54 PM, Superbug Echo said:

5615242.jpg

Whiskey.jpg

There was a Marine aviation unit at my base for several years. The two rotor Cobra and Huey are fucking awesome! I've seen Cobras doing return to target turns, and the sound is absolutely amazing. It just thumps in your chest. It cool but damn those four rotor birds are quite. Like if there is any real noise. A generator running down the line, standing next to a running truck, anything you just don't hear them. I've turned around to see a super Huey just sitting there in ground effect more times then I can count.  They are truly awesome aircraft. 

• Like 1

Will never happen, but I would love to fly an Aerospatiale Puma, Super Puma or Cougar 😇

• Like 7

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

A NH90 would be really nice. We have now a modern attack helo, 2 russian attack helo and 2 old transport helos. Nothing modern-ish regarding transport, so i think a modern transport or multirole helicopter would be a really good idea (doesn't have do be western but I think western is more accessible in the current times than something russian. The UH-72 Lakota would be as nice as an NH-90, maybe even go multirole with a NTH90 Sea Lion.

About a Cobra, I'd leave it in a corner, I have my Apache, I don't need another multicrew 2 seater attack helicopter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

ED do have another helicopter in the works following the AH64, Matt W mentioned it in his recent appearance on the ACS podcast.

I’d be more surprised if it wasn’t some flavour of Cobra.

I hope so, I do know if we get the uh-60 I would like the sh-60 as an option for sub hunting 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:12 AM, Rudel_chw said:

Will never happen, but I would love to fly an Aerospatiale Puma, Super Puma or Cougar 😇

That would be a dream for me too, but who knows, let's cross our fingers and maybe one day we'll have it.

For now my vote is for CH-47 Chinook and Cargo Transport 😉

• Like 2

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

13 minutes ago, EL_LEJI said:

That would be a dream for me too, but who knows, let's cross our fingers and maybe one day we'll have it.

I’d love to have it on DCS, preferably on its naval missile armed version:

InMrzevnls5AJ4kEJpgO3xLsmcs0uK08QDHRQZZb

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB