Swedish Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

1 hour ago, Thalo215 said:

nullHere is where I installed it to. 

That's not the correct folder, the Mod should go into /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Mods/tech/  like this:

897LrSE.jpg

If you don't have a Mods or tech folder, create them manually using windows file tools.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks so much Currenthill, you are a saint - really looking forward to this long anticipated Mod & the hard & dedicated work you have put in.

Already trying to save for a 2TB SSD, as my 1TB dedicated DCS is now drive is full!

Would appreciate if some kind soul could maybe upload a torrent of this mod (with Currenthills blessing?)🙏 As also getting time out on direct download, as this mod is rightly very popular 😀👍

Edited by ggrewe
added commentry
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Thalo215 said:

Everything seems to be working now. I love this mod. Makes planning for Kola Map a lot of fun.

I'm happy to hear! 👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lt.Turbo said:

I might be in the minority here but considering the full pack is 11G I appreciate that each mod is self-contained and I can pick and choose

Yes, but most likely a consolidated Mod pack would be much smaller than the current 11 GB.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Status update:
I'm currently uploading the mod to a new hosting service. And I will publish both a complete package and one split in four parts. 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The first post in this thread and the Version 1.00 release post has been updated with new download links!

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Great work, thank you a lot !

I've tested your sniper's team, they are perfect !
They have difficulty to touch an helicopter at 1500m / 150 km/h (sideway) (That is normal), but they are more effective if the helicopter come from the front!
One shot doesn't not kill a KA-50 but it can damage him, witch is pretty cool !

I've tested the snipe team against BTR-80 or MTLB. They can't really damage them targeting the front, but they can kill them ~8-10 shots by the back, that is also realistic !
They are also good for sniping Infantry (if you place the infantry in close rank, one shoot can kill multiple target)
I love them ! Thanks you for awesome work !
You brightened up my weekend!

• Like 1

Thanks Currenthill for splitting the Mod into 4 separate Zip files. The download is currently working form me, even though with fiber optics, the speed seems limited at 8 to 11 Mb/s. But it works. 🙂 Looking forward using your superb Mod. Thank you very much for sharing your very impressive amount of work. 👏😃

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Kappa-131st said:

Great work, thank you a lot !

I've tested your sniper's team, they are perfect !
They have difficulty to touch an helicopter at 1500m / 150 km/h (sideway) (That is normal), but they are more effective if the helicopter come from the front!
One shot doesn't not kill a KA-50 but it can damage him, witch is pretty cool !

I've tested the snipe team against BTR-80 or MTLB. They can't really damage them targeting the front, but they can kill them ~8-10 shots by the back, that is also realistic !
They are also good for sniping Infantry (if you place the infantry in close rank, one shoot can kill multiple target)
I love them ! Thanks you for awesome work !
You brightened up my weekend!

Thanks for the feedback! I put a lot of effort into finding a reasonable realistic approach to the assets different capabilities and performances. 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, toan said:

Thanks Currenthill for splitting the Mod into 4 separate Zip files. The download is currently working form me, even though with fiber optics, the speed seems limited at 8 to 11 Mb/s. But it works. 🙂 Looking forward using your superb Mod. Thank you very much for sharing your very impressive amount of work. 👏😃

No problem! Yep, the new hosting service doesn't allow the same high speeds, but the bandwidth is unlimited (well, probably not unlimited by extremes, but in the context of DCS users wanting a Swedish mod it's probably unlimited enough). 😅

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 4:55 PM, currenthill said:

Thanks!

Here's the answer to your question. 

image.png

This will change in the future. For now I need to keep the assets apart during development, because of the large amount of files (textures, LUAs, EDMs etc).

I actually prefer a separate structure, as I can pick and choose which ones our squadron wants to have. 

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Wow, this is some really great additions for DCS! Really looks like high quality add one’s! Thank you for sharing all your work! I haven’t had a chance to download and try them out but will tomorrow for sure! I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this. This is going to make ambushing enemy convoys look more realistic! I’m not even sure I know what all the units are that come with this!

Again, thank you!

• Like 2

Hello, thank you for the wonderful mod. I would like to point out that the missiles fired by the mobile and stationary Lavett 103A launchers always explode within seconds of launch. Is it my problem or does it happen to others? I tried without any mod active but the persists. Thank you

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

2 hours ago, tanax said:

Hello, thank you for the wonderful mod. I would like to point out that the missiles fired by the mobile and stationary Lavett 103A launchers always explode within seconds of launch. Is it my problem or does it happen to others? I tried without any mod active but the persists. Thank you

The 103A is TVM guided (unlike the 103B which is equipped with a radar seeker). The 103A missiles will self destruct if the PM103 STR will lose contact with the target. How is your LvS 103 setup? What where the targets? Do you have any screenshots or mission files?

I just tried it out and it worked as intended. 👍🏻

Edit @tanax: I might add, a common scenario where you will encounter this behavior is when a target aircraft turn on ECM. In these cases the PM103 STR have to re-aquire the target and launch a new missile at a much closer range.

Edited by currenthill

Good morning, in the afternoon mission post. Thank you
  • Like 1

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

I'm gonna try this mod today. 

I'm particularly happy to see infantry. One of main things missing from mods I feel is infantry. The default infantry is limited  generic US, generic Russian. 

Russians have RPG, American don't, while Americans have MGs which the Russians don't.

If I had the money I would pay modders to ad a myriad of infantry units. Cold War stuff,  middle Eastern stuff, 90s stuff,  special forces stuff etc.

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.