Collective actuator always in ALT Mode?

comcat
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

On 8/19/2022 at 6:24 AM, admiki said:

A/C->util->turn COLL channel off

I just happened to come across this thread. This tip is a literally a life saver for using the helo at this moment. 

@NineLine can this be a sticky somewhere or in the faq to help people?

thanks 🙂

13900@5.8Ghz, Asus TUF 4090 OC, 64GB@6400mhz DDR5, 4K, TrackIR 5, Tobii, Virpil CM2, CM3
F-15E | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | A-10C II | AV-8B | AH-64D |  MI-24P | MI-8 | BS 2 | UH-1H | Mosquito | BF 109 | Spitfire | P-47D | CA | SC | WWII AP

Update, I think I fixed it. I had to uncheck match hotas settings with in cockpit settings, or whatever it says.

I tried finding that issue and the fix, and I could not find that in the MFD. I think this is the same issue I am trying to find out what is broken. I used to have it set in my left throttle in my warthog, and left the lever down. Now I find it almost impossible to set my engine controls.

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Has anyone else found the attitude hold mode now doing the same since the latest patch? It seems to want to either accelerate or decelerate over a short period of time to the limits of constraints of the SAS box shown in the controls indicator. It's gotten me killed a couple of times while starring at the F10 map 😛

Exactly. We have to mod the CIU_Messages.lua to cut the unbearable SAS sound. Warning: after any new update, the CIU file is overwritten with a fresh one, with bad settings again. BIGNEWY, any news on this? We are patient but it is a simple issue to fix, even with a scotch tape for now...

Edited by normanleto
  • Like 1

...10 years with dcs...

4 hours ago, normanleto said:

Exactly. We have to mod the CIU_Messages.lua to cut the unbearable SAS sound. Warning: after any new update, the CIU file is overwritten with a fresh one, with bad settings again. BIGNEWY, any news on this? We are patient but it is a simple issue to fix, even with a scotch tape for now...

oh...don't say? please elaborate fine Sir about the fixings....

14 hours ago, comcat said:

oh...don't say? please elaborate fine Sir about the fixings....

This thread

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/307600-sas-saturation

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

• ED Team

This has been reported already via a different report. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 weeks later...

Something happened with this in the 21/9 patch.. The Collective SAS is not as aggressive when changing pich of the helicopter anymore, tho it will over torque the engine trying to maintain altitude if you pitch forward for too long and correcting your collective correction? Also now the altitude hold is very unstable and ocilates untill you fall out of the sky. atleast out of ground effect

apache-jojotrk.trk

Edited by kaffepanna
  • Like 1

I have noticed some oscillations in hover hold mode.
Deactivating altitude hold, then manually correcting the osicllations with collective input then activating altutude hold again, solved it in some situations. But sometimes it started again oscillating….

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Yeah, ALT Hold mode is not working properly for me.  I activate ATT Hold and ALT Hold while at a stable hover at 50 feet, and the helo will gain and lose altitude in long oscillations to a point where I even bounced off the ground.

I really want to give ED the benefit of the doubt here, and that someone did some test flights before releasing this patch, and that I am just doing something wrong.  Any advice?

• 6 months later...