MYSE1234's cockpit mods

MYSE1234

White CE + EE + BE - 4KDownload - passes IC

Gives the cockpit a nice white/grey color instead of the default black/dark grey.
Reduces the texture resolution of the modified textures to 4K, instead of the huge 8K that is used by default. No real difference form a visual POV, while it saves memory.

To install: Drop the "Liveries" folder directly into your DCS folder in Saved games.

AN/ALR-300 symbology - Download - does NOT pass texture IC

Makes the lines on the RWR a bit more CRT-like: Thinner lines with faded edges. Symbols fade nicer with brightness setting.

To install: Use a modloader to put the "Mods" folder into the main game dir, or place it there manually.

Larger HUD font - Thread - passes IC

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

ALR-300.gif

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 12

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Sweet. I can turn down gamma again. Still a bit dim but better.

Thanks

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thank you

I9-13900K 5.6Ghz / MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI/ 128Gb 6000MHz/ RTX 4090/ Asus RogXG279Q/ TM Hotas Warthog/ Saitek X65F/ ThrustMaster TPR Worldwide version/ TrackIR 5/ HP G2 / Logitech  G13. etc All Modules All Terrains

do you know if there is a way to have the description.lua for all the materials? I would like to make some modifications in the savegames folder. With modelviewer2 there is an error eporting it.

Edited by Japo32

On 7/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, MYSE1234 said:

For those that want a cockpit that is a bit brighter and easier to see in. This might be for you.
Simply use a modloader to load it, or just drop the folder, into your DCS install dir.

Thanks a lot, works perfect 👍

xOsJw6n.jpg

2 hours ago, HawkEXO said:

do I unzip the final folder into it's destination or leave it zipped?

Leave it zipped.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you so much !
That helps a lot 👍

I was wondering what that button did...

You know, the black one. 
On the black panel.

With a text label in dark grey.

On black background.

Much better now 🙂

Cheers,

Emacs

Edited by Emacs
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Aigle2 said:

When I put the file in Save games, cockpit wasn't changed ingame.

When I replaced the file in the game directory, servers rejected me because IC fail. 

It goes onto the DCS program folder, and it should impact the IC, dont know why the OP says it doesnt. Not a problem to me, since I don't do MP.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

29 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

It goes onto the DCS program folder, and it should impact the IC, dont know why the OP says it doesnt. Not a problem to me, since I don't do MP.

When I checked if it passed or not the shield was green, hence the OP saying it passes. I've updated it accordingly

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

13 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

When I checked if it passed or not the shield was green, hence the OP saying it passes. I've updated it accordingly

OK, but it's still a great Mod 👍 thanks for sharing it. To me it is very useful, having to deal with the dumb AI on SP is still much better than dealing with all the annoyances of MP 🙂

• Like 1

I almost have an English version of the cockpit, but the method is the same as this, so won't pass the IC. I am trying to have the description.lua to do it in savegames but I cannot.

By the way.. in my mod there is a fix for the too dark cockpit. It is because in the orginal textures the metalic channel (Blue one) is too bright, so I darkened. Of course it is not the best solution as only devs can do it, but at least it is better.

If I have the description.lua I will share the cockpit with the people.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I cannot get it to install with a mod manager, any clue as to why?

Not enough info to venture a guess as to why ... I used the OvGME mod manager with no issue

ovgme_mirage_f1.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/22/2022 at 12:40 AM, MYSE1234 said:

For those that want a cockpit that is a bit brighter and easier to see in. This might be for you.
Simply use a modloader to load it, or just drop the folder, into your DCS install dir.

Download - does NOT pass IC

image.png

image.png

image.png

You´re my hero. First, you made the HUD readable and now this awesome mod. Great work, dude! 👍

• Like 1

Updated the OP with a version that passes the IC. This new version is installed into the Saved games folder instead of the main dir.
No changes made to the textures, only the file structure to get it past IC.

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

Hey MYSE, would it be possible to request a version for the F1EE please? Thank you!

• Like 2

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit.