DCS Newsletter discussion August 12th 2022 - DCS: Sinai and DCS: Marianas WWII

NineLine

The map includes the entire Sinai Peninsula, eastern Egypt and the Nile Delta, southern Israel including Gaza, western Jordan, and western Saudi Arabia.

Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Israel all have one thing in common: They all had Mirages wearing their insignia.

Israel:

- Mirage IIIBJ (essentially a IIIB)

- Mirage IIICJ (essentially a IIIC, late CJs had theirradar removed an retrofit with the Atar 9C)

- Nesher (essentially a Mirage 5F with some differences)

- Nesher T (essentially a MirageIIIBE)

- Kfir

Jordan:

- Mirage F1BJ (essentially an F1B/ F1BE)

- Mirage F1CJ (essentially an F1C/ F1CE)

- Mirage F1EJ (close to the EQ5, better than the EE)

Libya:*

- Mirage 5DD (essentially a Mirage IIIBE)

- Mirage 5DE (essentially a Mirage IIIE)

- Mirage 5D (Mirage IIIE / Mirage 5F hybrid)

- Mirage 5DR (essentially a Mirage IIIRD)

Egypt:**

- Mirage 5SDD (essentially a Mirage IIIBE)

- Mirage 5SDE (essentiall a Mirage IIIE)

- Mirage 5SDR (essentially a Mirage IIIR)

- Mirage 5E2 (Mirage IIIE / Mirage 5F hybrid)

- Mirage 2000EM (a little less sophisticated than the 2000C RDI)

"Essentially a Mirage xyz" is just a simplification - it means the airfrme is based on this standard Mirage III/5 airframe. The libyan and egyptian 5DE and 5SDE were "fives" for political reasons. Their "proper fives" (5D and 5E2) had Aida radards, as opposed to the 5F.

We need more (Delta) Mirages:

- Mirgae IIIB

- Mirage IIIC

- Mirage IIIBE

- Mirage IIIE

- Mirage IIIR/IIIDR

- Mirage 5F

The IIIC, IIIE, IIIBE and 5F should be the minimum to have a family reaching across the world. The IIIBE would be a "nice to have", but two-seters are cool! Some Mirage users had their aircraft differ significantly from those standards, but you'll have to start somewhere.

At the same time, let's not forget we're similarily in need of at least the following MiG-21s:

- MiG-21F-13 (1st gen)

- MiG-21FL or PFM (2nd gen)

- MiG-21MF (3rd gen)

- MiG-21U / US / UM (any of those 1 thru 3 gen trainers)

We'd also need some MiG-17 and additional MiG-19 iterations to flesh outthe maps we already have and those that are coming.

=====

*Libya sent Mirages to Egypt during the YKW. IDF and libyan Mirages clashed during this conflict and libyan Mirages were shot down. When Libya and Egypt later clashedintheir border war, a libyan Mirage supposedly shot down an egyptian MiG-21.

**Egypt first bought their Mirages via Saudi Arabia, having them carry saudi insignia during their delivery flights, and later procured them directly. A couple of egyptian 5SDE haven been used in the Iran-Iraq war (on the iraqi side) and supposedly one has been shot down by an IRIAF F-4. The surviving aircraft have been modded (twice) and have gotten a fairly high tech cockpit (comparable to the ROSE upgrades in Pakistan) during the early 2000s.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

27 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

We need more (Delta) Mirages:

While it is the one without any historical significance, the Mirage III I'd like the most after at least one historically relevant variant would be Swiss Mirage IIIS with (non moving afaik) canards, ghostly gray paint schemes, and completely out there systems equipment compared to other Mirages IIIs 😄 I have a weird, inexplicable sympathy and interest for that bird lol.

But yes, while there are people who already say "hey enough Mirages already", I'd love to see a few different Mirage III/V variants as they could have vastly different characteristics/capabilities, and would fit really beautifully into growing up later 60s-80s stable. I'd similarly love a Mirage F1 vol 2 separate module eventually with F1AZ/AD and F1EQ5/6 if they prove to be possible to make.

For the Fishbed side, while between the two, MiG-21 has always been the aircraft I was more interested in than Mirages, as DCS modules I am personally interested in MiG-21F-13 and then late stuff like double delta modern J-7s or even things like LanceR or Bison rather than second and additional third MiG-21 generations myself. F-13 though, I really want, even if only for the novelty.

MiG-17, yes I very much want a MiG-17F, I hope those Red Star Simulations folks will be able to make a good one for us and convince ED for a license like Aviron did for their Kfir 🙂

Now if only someone would start making some Jaguars, Super Etendards etc too. And if finally we get confirmation of an official Su-17/22M4 from either OctopusG or Magnitude 3 🙏

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

5 minutes ago, WinterH said:

While it is the one without any historical significance, the Mirage III I'd like the most after at least one historically relevant variant would be Swiss Mirage IIIS with (non moving afaik) canards, ghostly gray paint schemes, and completely out there systems equipment compared to other Mirages IIIs 😄 I have a weird, inexplicable sympathy and interest for that bird lol.

Same here 😅

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

13 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Same here 😅

We forgot mentioning one important piece left: an 80s or at most earlyish 90s AH-1 to go with Hind we have, and to represent its service in many countries on these maps we have.

Single engine F or double W is what I can't quite choose one from, but would be happy with either.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

With Razbam's nodding head donkey I sure expect camels in DCS Sinai.

Good, the more the better. 

Early WIP shots quality give early shots od DCS Syria map, so fingers crossed for an outmatched quality. 

• Like 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Pretty underwhelmed by this announcement. More desert! 

• Thanks 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

5 hours ago, REDEYE_CVW-66 said:

Playable performance on the current Marianas map would be nice before they start new versions.

Hopefully optimization will be part of it. I’ve only played on Mariana’s a couple of times since it released because I get half the frame rate as any other map ( down low ground pounding). Kinda of a buzz-kill.

• Like 2

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

On 8/13/2022 at 7:16 AM, WinterH said:

We forgot mentioning one important piece left: an 80s or at most earlyish 90s AH-1 to go with Hind we have, and to represent its service in many countries on these maps we have.

Single engine F or double W is what I can't quite choose one from, but would be happy with either.

Getting OT, but AH1W twin. A single engine would be too much like the existing Huey.