Lasercode on GBU not adjustable in mission

commander_7

The lasercode for gbus is only adjustable in the mission editor, not in the mission.

Other dcs-aircraft which do not have the capability to adjust them through aircraft systems (like f-16) adoptet showing/changing it in from the kneeboard as long as you are on the ground.

This feature missing makes the mirage f1 not being able to use gbus in dynamic mulitplayer servers with jtacs/drones as many use different codes for different jtacs. Also buddy-lasing is very compromised as you have to contact the server admins to check what is the default code (on some servers it was not 1688) and everyone using the same code is not a good idea.

In the current state gbus are not usable on this dynamic mulitplayer servers which are the goto-place for large parts of the dcs-community.

Example would be the 4ya cold war server which has different laser-codes for different regions of the map.

• Like 19

• 9 months later...

Just adding my weight to this request as I faced a situation in which I was unable to use GBU's on one such dynamic server.

Either from the kneeboard, the ground crew menus or a custom rearm menu (I believe DEKA has this). It would be very much appreciated.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team
2 hours ago, gnomechild said:

@BIGNEWY, sorry for the ping. Is there any information you can get / share from the team regarding this interface for laser codes? It is very limiting for the F1 in any dynamic or multiplayer scenarios to be unable to change laser codes 

Hi, no worries, but I do not have any news to share currently. I will ask the team in the morning. 

thanks

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'd like to bump this post since, 3 months later, we've had no news from ED on that subject.

GBUs are a big part of the F1's viability in a 1980s-1990s combat context. For that reason, I believe the inability to change the lase/laser codes using the kneeboard like what's available on other modules is seriously holding the Mirage F1's usefulness back in how viable it is.

More particularly, the lack of this feature is annihiliating any use the F1 could see in multiplayer servers, where, more so than in SP, multiple laser codes can be in use. Specifically, I have in mind great gameplay loops and interactions between helos dropping JTACs and fixed wings coming in to provide support, such as can be seen on the brilliant Enigma's Cold War and Rotorheads servers.

Is there a way Aerges could save up on their worktime by collaborating with Razbam for this issue in a similar way as you just have for the very recent implementation of Razbam's IFF modellisation?

Thank you for your work!

Edited by Tiromir
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...