What is the aircraft you would like to fly on DCS World?

6S.Duke

What is the aircraft you would like to fly on DCS World?  

585 members have voted

1. 1. What is the aircraft you would like to fly on DCS World?

• F-105
    • AMX
    • SF-260
    • F-84F or G
    • MC-205
    • G-55
    • Stuka
    • MB-326 Impala
    • M-346FA
    • AW-129 Mangusta
    • F-9F Panther
    • F-104
    • F-102
    • T-33
    • F-80
    • AT-6
    • C-27J

22 hours ago, 6S.Duke said:

As per title, our question is what kind of aircraft you would like to see on DCS World in future.

This must mean that MB-339 is about to release soon? 😃

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

@6S.Duke I know you need this data to see the interest and direction of DCS users. But I think, it's better to focus on what is currently being worked on. That way, people will be more confident in what you have made.

Don't take it to heart, I myself support the list you made. The AMX, C27 and SF260 are very interesting!

Kind regards. Good luck.

• Like 1

cropped-GVAW_RC2.png

DCS INDONESIA COMMUNITY
Garuda virtual Air Wing
Official Website | Discord | Facebook | Instagram

I'm not knocking on anyone, but I am curious.  What is everyone's fascination with the F-104??

Historically speaking, it really didn't do much of anything as far as combat, and It killed far more friendly pilots than it downed enemy aircraft.

Is it simply because of the speed??

Speaking only for myself, I don't even find it pretty to look at.

@6S.Duke I know you need this data to see the interest and direction of DCS users. But I think, it's better to focus on what is currently being worked on. That way, people will be more confident in what you have made.

Don't take it to heart, I myself support the list you made. The AMX, C27 and SF260 are very interesting!

Kind regards. Good luck.
Thanks for your advice.
We made this post because our MB-339 is ready to be released awaiting for green light by ED.

Although we have another project for DCS World, the time is mature to define what is the next as the process to get licenses and data is very long.

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I005D utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baaz said:

I'm not knocking on anyone, but I am curious.  What is everyone's fascination with the F-104??

I cant speak for everyone, but for myself I’m interested on the Starfighter because it was the interceptor backbone of 15 airforces from the late 50’s to the early 70’s, it’s design was very different from contemporary aircrafts, and saw widespread service with 2500 produced.

1 hour ago, Baaz said:

Historically speaking, it really didn't do much of anything as far as combat, and It killed far more friendly pilots than it downed enemy aircraft.

it did combat at Vietnam, but I agree on your overall combat impression 

1 hour ago, Baaz said:

On my case, aesthetics are not important on a flight Sim, but I know it is important for other players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, 6S.Duke said:

Thanks for your advice.
We made this post because our MB-339 is ready to be release awaiting for green light from ED.

Although we have another project for DCS World, the time is mature to define what is the next as the process to get licenses and data is very long.

Why not adding a nice HH3F/Sikorski S61 ??? If is Im thinking and Vietnam map is at the door, what could be better than a Jolly Green Giant??? 🙂 I would have voted for the Tornado..... but.... we know... So I voted A-129 Mangusta, C27 J Spartan, and AMX and F104 🙂

• Like 1

@Baaz, TBF, I think most any cold war aircraft that didn't drop or shoot anything in anger bit more friendly pilots than of the other team.  It's kind of eye-watering the number of accidents and hull losses that occurred back during the cold war (and civilian aviation during the same decades).  The F-104 isn't alone in that, and it even had remarkable (good) safety records in some nations' service (eg. Spain & Japan). 

For the F-104's popularity, I think some fans might be attracted to its design.  Whether you like the lines or not, it's an evocative design with obvious compromises in form that went into maximizing speed and minimizing drag.  Like the 105, it looks fast even parked on the tarmac.

Historically, it was also involved in conflicts over Pakistan/India and the Taiwan Straits, not just Vietnam.  I'll leave others to debate the veracity of claims and counterclaims.

I speculate the most important driver of the 104's popularity is the 104's enduring presence in the aviation enthusiasts' line of sight.  The 104 was the tip of the spear for over a dozen western-friendly countries, in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.  Compared to most other century series types, 104s were still flying for Greece, Turkey, Taiwan and NASA into the mid-90s.  Modernized Italian 104s weren't retired until the 2000s.  Even today, there are civilian F-104s still flying in aggressor, scientific, and airshow demonstration roles.  

Whether that spark was you're first operational posting or that first time at the airshow when you saw one streak by overhead, there's something to be said for reuniting with an old flame.  I've seen plenty of posts here in the forums that this person was hyped about <insert type> simply because their uncle David flew them.  And I think the F-104's ubiquity touched more hearts over more years than many other potentially "more worthy" aircraft.  Thank Lockheed's marketing team for that.

😅

As a side benefit, those many and varied operators also allow for more "plausible" what-ifs with the current and announced DCS Maps.

F-105 is also interesting, but I'm apprehensive about the licensing and necessary IP. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pffff! The F-104 is a thing of beauty! Still flying, lots of docs. The Space Age, The Jetsons, Chuck Yeager, Century Series. First to hit Mach 2 in level flight.
I've seen it, I've touch it and build a 1/12 cockpit by Italeri when I was a kid!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baaz said:

It was the main interceptor and strike fighter (which means nuclear bomber) in NATO for most of the Cold War, so it's an icon for a lot of countries. It just so happened that its main operators didn't fight in many all-out wars.

It also wasn't as unsafe as it's made out to be for a lot of reasons: other planes from the same era had a similar or worse accident rate (e.g. the F-100 was just as bad) and the safety record improved greatly once it was supported properly. For context, in Italian service it had roughly the same accident rate as the AV/8B has had in USMC service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

F-111C or D

Su-34

A recent medium bomber would be nice to have.

Would love a modern / near modern complex western chopper, say a CH-53E Super Stallion ?

Kamov Ka27 or Ka52 or something from the range?

• Like 2

R7 3800X - 32Gig RAM -- All SSD -- GTX1070 -- TM Warthog, MFG Crosswinds & TiR

3 hours ago, 6S.Duke said:

Thanks for your advice.
We made this post because our MB-339 is ready to be released awaiting for green light by ED.

Amazing. I agree, data and license is important

Keep it up. Good Luck @6S.Duke!

• Like 2

cropped-GVAW_RC2.png

DCS INDONESIA COMMUNITY
Garuda virtual Air Wing
Official Website | Discord | Facebook | Instagram

4 hours ago, Baaz said:

Good question, and you are correct, there are... "criticisms" to address!

For me, it was the "ONLY" fighter jet I knew of as a little kid, and unlike pictures in magazines, I could see them blast down the runway in Germany at Canadian Forces Base Lahr (south western Germany, near Freiburg and Strasbourg), actually fly around making all kinds of wild noise!  

The library even had a "graphic novel" featuring a Canadian pilot of the Starfighter, by the name "Dan Cooper"! 

Sure, it's barely got a combat history... but considering some of the missions, maybe that's a good thing: for some time, the Canadian mission for Starfighter was as a nuclear bomber. 

The Canadian experience included many wild stories of flying supersonic, low altitude, at night. Indeed one night a Canuck Starfighter pilot clipped a German church steeple, and lost his life seconds later. 

I think some of the fascination is that it was almost a rocket-ship that lots of pilots got to experience, and it actually flew just as fast as it looked! You almost had to be part fighter pilot, part test pilot, owing to it's unforgiving nature. So while that was a bad thing for combat effectiveness, a bad thing for wives and children of those pilots, it just inflated the mythology and legend of the daredevil fighter pilot risking their lives every day so we can live a normal life.

Another factor for me, is that for DCS, it'll be a unique challenge: fly it nice or it'll kill ya! Doesn't have much armament, so have to pick your battles. Can't turn, so picking your ACM choices becomes truly critical. You've got the option of speed... but speed kills fuel load... choices choices choices!!!

The fact that it was produced in such large quantities, and used by so many airforces just adds to the need in DCS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mikkall said:

Can't wait to see the swarm of thirsty Starfighters in Cold War zipping around the-front at 12ft  looking for easy-kill choppers. 

Watch this to get a taste of what would be a more realistic mission profile:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

7 hours ago, Baaz said:

Whether a plane has been in combat or not really doesn't have any effect on its desirability. In DCS we can setup any situation we want, anything can see combat if the mission designer wishes it.

Interesting flight characteristics on the other hand can be a big draw, and the F-104 being difficult to fly is an example of such characteristics. I'd love to experience first hand the challenge of the aircraft without putting myself at risk.

At the end of the day though there are fans of aircraft and there are fans of aviation. I consider myself one of the latter so, there really isn't such a thing as an uninteresting plane.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

48 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

there really isn't such a thing as an uninteresting plane

+1 … fully agree 👍

• Like 1