FAQ and Updates

OnReTech

8 minutes ago, DaWu said:

I Hope that’s not the whole map in one of those screenshots. Looks tiny

1500 x 1000 km = 1.5 million square km. at mach 1 it would be about an hour to fly from end to end. caucuses is 3.1 million square km. double the size.

Edited by silverdevil
  • Like 2

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

13 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

1500 x 1000 km = 1.5 million square km. at mach 1 it would be about an hour to fly from end to end. caucuses is 3.1 million square km. double the size.

You are probably confusing something.

Caucasus map 1,162,800 square kilometers - this includes the entire Black Sea area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaWu said:

I Hope that’s not the whole map in one of those screenshots. Looks tiny

You're probably looking at partial map of high quality area. Here's the whole map:

• Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

9 hours ago, OnReTech said:

You are probably confusing something.

Caucasus map 1,162,800 square kilometers - this includes the entire Black Sea area.

ah yeah. mr google got me. the top map is SA at 3.1 million km

null

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/terrains/caucasus_terrain/

DCS page claims Caucuses; "The map size is over  700x400 km" = 280,000 sq km

image.png

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 9/27/2022 at 10:39 PM, OnReTech said:

What period is this map based on?

The map is being designed to represent the 2000s to the present.

Will be great, but one question .. are you going to add MFO North Camp with airbase and South camp ? MFO is on the Sinai from 1982.... I hope for this part.... next one is    St.Catherine monastery....

Edited by Madvlk1
  • Like 1

Darn excited for this map @OnReTech!  

• Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 3/11/2023 at 9:24 PM, Madvlk1 said:

Will be great, but one question .. are you going to add MFO North Camp with airbase and South camp ? MFO is on the Sinai from 1982.... I hope for this part.... next one is    St.Catherine monastery....

added to todo list for third phase, thanks

5 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Quick question: where's Abu Sultan?

I can see it listed for the first phase, but can't find it on the map.

Deversoir Air Base? 

I think there:

Screenshot_2023-03-14-23-13-56-180-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Thanks 2

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 minute ago, OnReTech said:

Display name is -> Difarsuwar Airfield

null

image.png

Even better 😊

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 hours ago, mwd2 said:

Will we see Ramat David AB on this map, too?

I already make a topic about that in wishlist section, that would be cool, for realistic or bigger scenarios, where part is played on Syria, part on Synai. It will be kind of MAP MERGING.

• Like 2

:pilotfly:

18 hours ago, Miro said:

I already make a topic about that in wishlist section, that would be cool, for realistic or bigger scenarios, where part is played on Syria, part on Synai. It will be kind of MAP MERGING.

That's right, we've already discussed this. It's a good idea, I totally agree.

• Like 4

Hello dear friends.
We are still doing the latest testing and improvements to the Sinai map for early access. I think that these will be the last screenshots before early access, it is impossible to convey in screenshots huge amount of work done.

Thank you all again for your support and feedback - it really helps to move forward and make the map even better! 👍

12.png

11.png

10.png

9.png

8.png

7.png

6.png

5.png

4.png

3.png

2.png

1.png

Edited by OnReTech
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Impressive work. Keep pressing F5 in DCS Store already 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Puh, i don´t wanted another desert map but it looks really good. Also it´s a good aera for intresting scenarios. Most of them happened in the past and the map is supposed to show the present, but it's still interesting. I'm already looking forward to the first sightseeing flights. The interaction with the community, which I've followed here, especially with regard to the SAM sites, is great too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wow, looking so beautiful 😍!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1