How to correctly set the TGP to look at an FCR target?

nickos86

I guess I'm doing something wrong or missing something. When I designate a GM/GMT target with the FCR, I need to press the TGT. It changes to OA1 then OA2 and back to TGT. Only when it come back to TGT the TGP will slave to the designated point. Is there a way to slave the TGP without cycling through TGT>OA1>OA2>TGT?

12 hours ago, RuskyV said:

CZ or cursor zero button on the TGP should remove any slew errors, you don’t have to have the pod as the sensor of interest for the button to function. 

give it a go and see if that works.

It's not.

Honestly, I would expect the TGP to automatically slave to the FCR target that now became the SPI... But only TGT>OA1>OA2>TGT works

• Like 1

I’m sure this is a bug that has been mentioned a few times before. 

Im sure it’s been said that it should slave to the SPI in GM/GMT but it isn’t at the moment, the work-around being that you have to cycle the targeting point as you are doing at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another way to get it to slave right away is to set a Markpoint with the FCR. It'll automatically slew the pod just like it does for steerpoints. Bonus: You can use IFF IN long press to share the info via Datalink with your flight. 

Edited by =617= Evil
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 10:40 PM, Lima29 said:

I’m sure this is a bug that has been mentioned a few times before. 

Im sure it’s been said that it should slave to the SPI in GM/GMT but it isn’t at the moment, the work-around being that you have to cycle the targeting point as you are doing at the moment.

i agree, the tgt is always looking at a SPI. So by designating a ground target in said GM or GMT, the TGP should slave to that point

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

5 hours ago, TEOMOOSE said:

This should be reported in the bug reports section. Hopefully it would get some attention.

It has been already, a couple times I think. It’s a few pages back - about 4 or 5 maybe.

Edited by Lima29

it's not only about the FCR to TGP's SPI sync, but IMHO all the SPI system needs a check in many situations and cases. 

For example: few days ago in 2.8 I noticed that with a loadout A/A+AGM88+HTS+TGP (a classic one for F-16C), my TGP wasn't able to move SPI, or at least in my HSD the SPI symbology was STUCK, probably because of the presence of HAD, but even turning it off via pylon switch i didn't solve this, and going in NAV neither.

Now i don't have time to make report, tracks and so on about this specific case (if someone can please do it). 

Edited by falconzx

1 hour ago, falconzx said:

it's not only about the FCR to TGP's SPI sync, but IMHO all the SPI system needs a check in many situations and cases. 

For example: few days ago in 2.8 I noticed that with a loadout A/A+AGM88+HTS+TGP (a classic one for F-16C), my TGP wasn't able to move SPI, or at least in my HSD the SPI symbology was STUCK, probably because of the presence of HAD, but even turning it off via pylon switch i didn't solve this, and going in NAV neither.

Now i don't have time to make report, tracks and so on about this specific case (if someone can please do it). 

yup, can be recreated. and it doesnt matter if you have the HTS equipped or not. it's simply the HARM. if HARM is the selected weapon, stuff's weird.

• Thanks 1