giullep

14 hours ago, giullep said:

Hello guys why when I switch from CPG to pilot, after launching missiles for example and then I was in static flight, back in the pilot role the helicopter loses control madly and almost always crashes ..!? Some advice?

Only advise I can give you, is to try and match the HOCAS controls as much as possible to the position you'd expect them to be in, considering your state of flight.

E.g. if you are flying forward while in the CPG seat, before switching over to the pilot seat, place the stick forward and the collective roughly to where you'd expect it to be when flying at that speed from the pilot seat.

You'll probably still have to correct (fast and accurately), but at least a lot less than from neutral stick and collective position.

I think it would help if ED implemented that the controls were trimmed out as soon as someone hops from the CPG to PLT seat. Right now trim is set to neutral as soon as you switch seats.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

7 hours ago, giullep said:

ok..i will try to set up the same axis control like pilot in cpg..and use for teddy a ps4 control then I can center the controls before switch my position..thx

binding these for the CPG is a good idea yet you can't just override the pilot's control and would have to assume authority first

• Like 1

On 11/2/2022 at 8:42 PM, giullep said:

Thx for the advices..i will try

But

The strange thing is that i im in hovering  or stopped before switch to pilot seat…not moving…

Not sure why I didn't mention this before, but if my mission allows me, or if I can't go to safe altitude due to anti air, I usually just quickly land before switching seats.

E.g.: when in a hover in the CPG seat, I'll have PLT George AI land before I switch over to his seat.

Until ED implements some sort of "auto trim" function when switching seats, this will be your safest option.

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Sometimes this thing just does uncommanded rolls, all the way around. Typically I'm high enough to recover but it's irritating. I'd be happy to upload the dozens of 300M track files where this happens, but there is a limit of 5MB on this forum. They'd rather allow the hosting of terrabytes worth of liveries for some reason.

1 hour ago, FalcoGer said:

Sometimes this thing just does uncommanded rolls, all the way around. Typically I'm high enough to recover but it's irritating. I'd be happy to upload the dozens of 300M track files where this happens, but there is a limit of 5MB on this forum. They'd rather allow the hosting of terrabytes worth of liveries for some reason.

I've seen a strong left rolling moment when pushing over into negative G. Is that what you're describing?

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I think he is referring to complete 360 degree barrel rolls.

This never happens to me in forward flight, or even in aggressive NOE flying at speed, but has happened unexpectedly when trying to do some lateral maneuvers at low speed.  For example, while trying to pull a tight circle while keeping the nose pointed toward some infantry on the ground, or when aggressively side-slipping an ATGM coming at me. 

It seems with a lot of lateral air movement across the rotor system, combined with some pedal input (maybe in the "wrong" direction?) can easily get me in trouble.

Maybe there is some advice instructors give their students that I haven't heard mentioned around here, like "never touch the pedals when side-slipping laterally", or maybe it is just a FM WIP thing.

I believe Floyd is correct. We've encountered this before when trying to orbit with the nose in a certain direction.  Cant attest to what is correct. but it definitely flips quick. 

Video is of the event. There is some swearing taking place. As well as a fair amount of giggling and concerned noises. 
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1457302444

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E MB | Ryzen 9 5950x | ASUS Tuf RTX 4080 | 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 MHz DDR4 | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | Track IR 5 | Gigabyte M27Q-P 1440p 165hz |

I have experienced the occasional barrel roll - in 2.7 and 2.8 beta - to me it appears only when excessive rudder input is given (skid) while banking for a turn at "higher" forward speeds. When flying coordinated or slightly outside center - this roll never happens. 

I also frequently use the switch seats between back/pilot and front/cpg while in hover. What I do is always reset trim and then maintain hover, before switching to the front/cpg seat. When switching to back/pilot, I mainly focus on "catching" the yaw with the rudder since this will most likely be your doom if not stabalized quickly. 

Now I think of it, perhaps also focus on your collective lever position when switching to back/pilot. You'll want this to be (close to) the same as you have left it. Too much above or under original position might exuberate yaw and fcs effectiveness.  

Unexpected barrel rolls in the AH64 are super fun though... made me happy! 🙂

Edited by Scuby

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 9:51 AM, Scuby said:

What I do is always reset trim and then maintain hover, before switching to the front/cpg seat. When switching to back/pilot, I mainly focus on "catching" the yaw with the rudder since this will most likely be your doom if not stabalized quickly. 

Now I think of it, perhaps also focus on your collective lever position when switching to back/pilot. You'll want this to be (close to) the same as you have left it. Too much above or under original position might exuberate yaw and fcs effectiveness. 

Do you use the assigned "Trim - RESET to default" ?

(LCtrl - T)	Trim - RESET to default