DCS: H-60?

SilentSparrow

I was watching the AH-64D trailer again, and I saw a UH-60 Black Hawk in there. However, the UH-60 is a free mod for DCS, not a paid module by ED or a third party. I also don't think that ED has ever made any other trailer where a free third-party module is in there. So, are we seeing an official UH-60 module?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SilentSparrow said:

I was watching the AH-64D trailer again, and I saw a UH-60 Black Hawk in there. However, the UH-60 is a free mod for DCS, not a paid module by ED or a third party…

That’s the AI UH-60 that DCS has … the free Mod is an UH-60L.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

There is a big difference between AI-controlled units, and user-flyable modules. If you have the inclination, spend some time in the Mission Editor that comes with DCS. Not only can you use it to quickly create your own dream mission, you'll notice that you can place many different computer-controlled (AI) units that (sadly) aren't accessible to players: F-117, B-1, B-52, Blackhawk, AH-1 to name just a few. Slowly but surely, more and more of these become flyable products (either as fully supported modules, or user-crafted mods), but just because a unit type exists in DCS that does not mean it can be controlled by the player. Some units exist in multiple variants, and of those, some are user-controllable, others not. For example, the F-16 comes in multiple variants, of those, only the F16CM Block 50 is user-controllable. 

So the UH-50 you saw in the ED video were most likely the AI variants.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, cfrag said:

... Not only can you use it to quickly create your own dream mission, you'll notice that you can place many different computer-controlled (AI) units that (sadly) aren't accessible to players: F-117, B-1, B-52, Blackhawk, AH-1 to name just a few...

Small correction; There's no AI AH-1 in DCS. You must be using a mod. Just saying 😉

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

53 minutes ago, cfrag said:

Dang it - too early and too little coffee 🙂 - of course I meant the AH-1W. Thanks, @sirrah

There's also no AI AH-1W in DCS core 😅

You still need more coffee 😉

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

An AI AH-1W existed, I think as long as DCS itself did. There was also an unfinished AH-1G model viewable through model viewer, but not accessible in DCS itself, don't know if it's still there. We have also always had an AI UH-60, at least as far as I can remember.

As for ED not using mods in trailers, that is usually the case, yes, but I'm fairly sure-ish they did use A-4 once in a video, and I am sure Heatblur did use A-4 at least once. But in case of UH-60, no need for using the mod either, because we've always had an AI one in DCS.

According to an interview by Wags sometime last year, and if I recall correctly, ED does have a secret helicopter module in at least plans, it may or may not be the UH-60, but that AH-64 video is not the place to look for hints about that.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

2 hours ago, cfrag said:

Maybe my coffee is too strong. I'm not running any mods (although all modules) - where did that thing come from:

stupid null

image.png

Is it part of some module I purchased?

😳

I guess my coffee was too weak!

You're right. Part of DCS core

• Like 1

System specs:

49 minutes ago, ANDR0ID said:

YES!!! Thank you so much for it!!!!!

(On another note, and I will not stop mentioning this until ED does something, why doesn't ED make a flyable F-16CM Block 52+? It has a different engine than the DCS one and that's it! The F100-PW-229 is not classified, because the Flaming Cliffs 3 F-15C has it, so why don't they make it to make players have a proper experience flying Polish, Greek, and Pakistani F-16s?)

On 11/5/2022 at 1:37 AM, SilentSparrow said:

The F100-PW-229 is not classified, because the Flaming Cliffs 3 F-15C has it...

Nope, our F-15C has F100-PW-220 simulated. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/eagle_fc/?PAGEN_1=2

and btw:

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria