DEVELOPMENT NOTES

Plexus

Pilot could activate "forsazh" on the La-5FN for both supercharger's gears because "forsazh" had separate control lever.

But it was prohibited for the second gear due to possible engine damage and supercharger weakness.

This was impossible in the case of the La-7, with the same engine, due to "connecting rod", which controled "forsazh", connected with the superchatger control. So, when supercharger was set to 2nd gear this "connecting rod" close forsazh and reduced maximal possible MP to nominal value 1000 mmHG.

La-7 engine_1.jpg

La-7 engine_2.jpg

am sorry, i do not have this picture in one piece..

and here is about installing that "forsazh connecting rod"

WEP_1.jpg

• Like 3

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 1 month later...

image.png

In the next note on module development, let's talk about the features of air combat on the La-7 aircraft.

As previously noted, the powerful ASh-82FN engine provides the Lavochkin with superiority in the main flight characteristics over opponents at altitudes up to 3,000 meters. Based on this, the main task of the La-7 pilot in air combat is to engage in combat at low altitudes, where they can maximize the advantages of their fighter.

In the world of DCS, the Lavochkin's closest competitors are the Spitfire, Mustang, Focke-Wulf, and Messerschmitt. While the Mustang and Focke-Wulf can be easily outmaneuvered in turns, the Spitfire should be defeated in vertical maneuvers, utilizing high energy capabilities. The Messerschmitt is the closest competitor in terms of its characteristics. Fighting it is almost on equal terms and largely depends on the skill of the pilot.

The most successful pilot who flew the La-7 in real life was the famous three-time Hero of the Soviet Union Ivan Nikitovich Kozhedub, who had a total of more than 60 officially confirmed personal victories on La-5 and La-7 aircraft.

kozhedub.png

According to his memories, Kozhedub achieved his victories primarily by striving to gain the initiative in battle. The renowned ace had the most suitable fighter to implement such tactics.

Our team honored the memory of the outstanding pilot by recreating the livery of the aircraft on which I.N. Kozhedub fought.

Screen_230215_041413.png

We have no doubt that the La-7 aircraft, with its introduction into the world of DCS, will make a significant contribution to the development of virtual air combat.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, Doc3908 said:

Every time ED announces a new Open Beta update, I keep hoping to see the La-7 release announcement. How close are you to release (next few weeks, next few months, next year)????

Wondering the same, think doesnt go faster when i write 3 times per Day how far is the La-7 🙂 But last year they wrote first half of 2023 but that is pretty big time frame, pictures looks pretty promising should be not so fare in the future i hope?

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Looking awesome!! We all await eagerly this new warbird specially since it's something new and different than we're used to. Don't know why I really think we haven't seen this aircraft ever before since old style sims were pretty basic and lousy in that regard. I can't wait to experience this beast in a simulation level like DCS. It will definitely be a really welcome addition to the planeset :clap_2:.

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, motoadve said:

Will this plane have the detailed damage model as the other warbirds in DCS?

if this plane will not have damage model like ED warbirds, La-7 should be banned from multiplayer servers because of gameplay/realism/balance perspective

Imagine other plane is shooting La-7 with penetrating bullets but La-7 lacks penetrating mechanics means its pointless and take damage like a tank

12 minutes ago, Peter5on said:

if this plane will not have damage model like ED warbirds, La-7 should be banned from multiplayer servers because of gameplay/realism/balance perspective

Imagine other plane is shooting La-7 with penetrating bullets but La-7 lacks penetrating mechanics means its pointless and take damage like a tank

Yeap! Damage models in ED warbirds are totally fine 🙂

Edited by iyhan_spb

i7 13700K,  DDR5 32Gb, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC, Pico 4 VR

6 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

you're being cheeky, you know AI doesn't play by the rules and has nothing to do with DM when the plane continues to fly on its own without a working motor.. 😄

Maybe in online it would be fine, idk. 🙂 Anyway it looks odd so to me that I've even saved this video

i7 13700K,  DDR5 32Gb, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC, Pico 4 VR

34 minutes ago, iyhan_spb said:

Maybe in online it would be fine, idk. 🙂 Anyway it looks odd so to me that I've even saved this video

with human piloted planes this never happens, but with AI it happens to ANY plane, be it fighters or bombers. In a single player It is a downer for sure, especially during the campaigns.

anyhow, we've gotten off topic.

LA-7 is gonna be the bomb!

• 3 weeks later...

La7 will be great opening for russian front. I am already sick of cutting in half spitfires and mustangs. Will be awesome to have more chill flights against russians. + I am wondering where i can cut it in half easiest. Mustangs usually tail and spitfires tail or wings. La7 i read has about 15.7 m/s climb rate while bf109 has around 24.5m/s so i will have fun against russian planes. And i tested LA5Fn i know its worse than la7 against bf109 and still easy to outturn it. LA7 will be great. more missions, maybe new map/s.

• Like 1

В 10.04.2023 в 19:29, Alcatraz SVK сказал:

La7 will be great opening for russian front. I am already sick of cutting in half spitfires and mustangs. Will be awesome to have more chill flights against russians. + I am wondering where i can cut it in half easiest. Mustangs usually tail and spitfires tail or wings. La7 i read has about 15.7 m/s climb rate while bf109 has around 24.5m/s so i will have fun against russian planes. And i tested LA5Fn i know its worse than la7 against bf109 and still easy to outturn it. LA7 will be great. more missions, maybe new map/s.

"за.....шься" пишется с мягким знаком

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

la7_field6.png

In the new development note, we will discuss the engine starting system on the La-7 aircraft module.

One interesting feature of this system is the use of compressed air as energy for the starter. The compressed air can be supplied either from an airfield source or from an onboard pneumatic system.

The main component of the system is the PN-1 starting pump, which is essentially a fuel-air mixture injector acting as a mini-carburetor during engine start-up.

pn.png

First, the starting chamber of the "carburetor" is manually filled by pumping the plunger. Then, the valve is opened and the compressed air, passing through the starting chamber, rotates the engine to a speed of 50-60 rpm, while simultaneously spraying the fuel-air mixture directly into the cylinders. Finally, ignition is initiated and the start-up is supported by supplying the main fuel under pressure with the help of an alveolar pump.

As they say, it's better to see something once than to hear about it a hundred times. The engine start-up process is clearly demonstrated in our first video about the module.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

For what reason are the Gun safety catches, are they the master Arm for the Cannons? No charging for the Cannons like on the MIG15 or 109 for example? are the cannons ready to fire when the pneumatic pressure is released on the Startup aside from Flightstick cover? 

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

12 часов назад, Plexus сказал:

As they say, it's better to see something once than to hear about it a hundred times. The engine start-up process is clearly demonstrated in our first video about the module.

This is great! Would be better if you did things a little slower, the process looks a bit rushed. And I do hope you do the sound justice because the real thing induces serial eargasms pretty much like the P-47 and der Messer at the same time! At 1:10 you can even hear the supercharger!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WarbossPetross said:

This is great! Would be better if you did things a little slower, the process looks a bit rushed. And I do hope you do the sound justice because the real thing induces serial eargasms pretty much like the P-47 and der Messer at the same time! At 1:10 you can even hear the supercharger!

Yak 11 from your video not use the same Engine as the La-7. Think the only flying Version where you can find youtube is the La-9 flying over Wanaka. Not sure that is even us the orginal Engine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Actually, ASh-82 is a very common engine used even today. Just look for an An-2 or a Dromader and there's your La-7 engine, but not only that since Fw190N newly made not many years ago uses that engine also. Plenty of chances to listen to that engine mates.

BTW, terrific looking star-up and good looking aeroplane. Beautiful, eagerly awaiting for it :clap_2: .

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The An-2 has ASh-62, not 82. It is quite different engine.

If you look for plane with the same engine like La-7 has, then Il-14 or Mi-4.

• Like 3

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

• 3 weeks later...

New short video:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro