igla missiles way way too weak. Tested

bolek

Why are the Iglas SOOOO bad? In real life the Iglas are suppose to have a 5km range... yet I can't get any lock until I'm half that range. I also found that while they do have a very small explosive charge.. it takes TWO at least to kill a Huey.. forget ever shooting down a Hind or something! It's not consistent with the ground manpads Iglas at all. I mean at 2km I might as well be using my guns! They do more damage! What's the point of even putting this missile on the aircraft? I was looking forward to being able to try and defend myself vs air threats, at least vs helis. Why is the Igla so nerfed on this helicopter? is 5km too much range? It just isn't making any sense based on real world statics. Don't give us an Igla to use ED if you are going to make it worthless.

Edited by csdigitaldesign
typos
  • Like 1

• ED Team

threads merge. 

The Igla damage has been reported please be patient and we will have a fix out hopefully for the next patch. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 1/10/2023 at 3:36 AM, csdigitaldesign said:

Why are the Iglas SOOOO bad? In real life the Iglas are suppose to have a 5km range... yet I can't get any lock until I'm half that range. I also found that while they do have a very small explosive charge.. it takes TWO at least to kill a Huey.. forget ever shooting down a Hind or something! It's not consistent with the ground manpads Iglas at all. I mean at 2km I might as well be using my guns! They do more damage! What's the point of even putting this missile on the aircraft? I was looking forward to being able to try and defend myself vs air threats, at least vs helis. Why is the Igla so nerfed on this helicopter? is 5km too much range? It just isn't making any sense based on real world statics. Don't give us an Igla to use ED if you are going to make it worthless.

In 1980s, Soviets found R-60M to only lock on helicopter with exhaust suppressors up to 600m. In game the Igla is set to same seeker strength. Even if slightly more in reality, that is not too far. In my experience approximate ranges are 

Mi-24/8: 5 km from rear, 2 km from side, 1 km from front 

Huey/Gazelle/Apache: 2 km from behind, 1.5 km to side, less then 1 km in front

This also applies to Mistral with its exact same seeker strength. So All helicopters with IR missiles in DCS have this characteristic. 

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

If anyone's interested, here's a short track presenting AI CH-47 that survived:

- three hits with IGLA

followed by:

- six hits with Vihkr

followed by:

- multiple hits with 30mm HE

I put him on fire - twice - yet he was still able to pull manoeuvres that put Ka-50 agility to shame. 

I don't think IGLA warhead damage is our only problem here... 

immortalCH47.trk

• Like 3

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Igla is one problem, and devs are working on it. DCS AI helicopters resistance to damage is another one, and ED is aware of the issue.

I did some testing here:

The CH-53 is about to get fixed.

I guess the global AI helicopter issue will be addressed at some point.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 1 month later...
vor 4 Stunden schrieb Zergburger:

hey Hobel, just curious if you have any update on this... tired of hitting fast mover with 2+ igla's only to show no signs of damage.

At the moment I don't know anything more than what it says.

Which one exactly? single player or MP mission?  Track of it?

On 3/15/2023 at 3:37 AM, Hobel said:

At the moment I don't know anything more than what it says.

Which one exactly? single player or MP mission?  Track of it?

let me see if i can collect a track for you. most of mine have been on longer multiplayer sessions, and i know you guys hate dealing with 40+minute tracks 😂

Edited by Zergburger

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2023 at 9:20 AM, BalticDude said:

Does anyone know if ED ever did anything about the Igla damage not doing anything even on PvP servers?

As far as I know, there was one change in damaged model, and things got improved. Still you can not hope to kill a target with a single shot.

I made some "trolling" attacks on GS server some 2-4 weeks ago by sneaking undetected near Kutaisi. On average you need 2 to shoot down eagle (got one igla, got finished with vikhr), tomcat (survives single igla very well), warthog (took 2 iglas and crashed), hornet (can be killed by a single but usually 2 are needed). Sometimes even one works. E.g. the following did not work, but some 2-3 minutes later the dude did hit ground and kill got attributed.

Edited by okopanja
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Can anyone confirm if this issue has been patched previously?

I have recently hit an AI F5 with 3 Igla's directly only for it to shrug them off an fox2 me.
It's crazy to me that 4 igla missiles are needed for a chance at splashing a single bandit or other enemy helo.

To me this issue is still present.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...