CJS Super Hornet Community Mod v2.2 - Official Thread

7 hours ago, Kevstosmart said:

What a mess…. Aim120s declared on centerline pylon ? This took a turn to the worse 

good effort lads 

"Took a turn for the worst", I'm eager to hear the infinite wisdom that you must hold in order to make a claim like that. 

Happy to see you go m8

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 2

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

*Disclaimer, I'm not on the CJS Superbug Team*

Just something to keep in mind for anyone working on or using mods.  When it comes to modifying ED stock aircraft such as the F-16C or F/A-18C we're currently limited to what the avionics for those aircraft allow.  We can't for example add AIM-7's to the F-16 and expect them to work for the player.  No support for them in the avionics.  On the F-16 we were able to add additional pylons and have certain things work on them (not weapons) but the F/A-18 is coded differently, and we can't even do that to any great extent.  We're able to add one additional pylon that can be used for smoke, models and as it turns out, fuel tanks.  

Due to this limitation, the number of hard points for weapons on a Super Hornet is the same as a Legacy Hornet.  If you want to have that third pylon on the wings, some finagling of the existing pylons has to take place.  It's not a perfect solution, but it's the best we can get right now.  And I for one, love having a flyable Super hornet in the sim.

Some may ask, "Well, what about the F-14?  We were able to add weapons to it!"  Yes, it's by Heatblur and coded differently.  The F-14 is able to use different types of missiles for example because it just "assumes" that the new missile is one of the existing ones it could already carry.  It could already carry Sparrows, Sidewinders and Phoenix missiles which are of course Fox 1, Fox 2 and Fox 3 types that are defined by the seeker type in the LUA code.  So, it doesn't care.  That's not the case with F-16 or F/A-18.

I was able to add AIM-9X2's and AIM-120D's only by replacing an existing missile.  I hope this helps clear things up.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just gave it a go nice work. Great to hear its not a replacement mod anymore. Personally the Super Hornet is a much better looking airframe. Shame that the pylons are a bit janky wonder if some pylons should just be marked as travel or at least limited to weapons that can be launched.
From Nightstorm's message I understand that fully functional extra pylons is not easy/possible fix without someone at ED conveniently adding support for it to the base aircraft.

Never the less I've added it into the next Briefing Room Release as a compatible mod.

Edited by Mike64
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Mike64 said:

Never the less I've added it into the next Briefing Room Release as a compatible mod.

Awesome news! 🙂 Thank you.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

On 1/14/2023 at 8:14 PM, bennyboy9800 said:

"Took a turn for the worst", I'm eager to hear the infinite wisdom that you must hold in order to make a claim like that. 

Happy to see you go m8

What else do I need to say? I already said it. what are we suppose to do with the centerline amraams ? Lol

take the critique, nice efforts lad. As I’ve said before. Easier ways to do it and all you’d loose would be atlflir but you guys are the all knowing…. And when approached with better ideas than your own. Your posey is quick to jump on the flak train. This dates back to me saying the same thing many moons ago on discord and you labeling me some childish role on it. And your gang ( like now lol ) start to get sour 

p.s your behind as well on using the entry luas to declare the efg . Had that done from the old superbug mod I still maintain. 

Edited by Kevstosmart

On 1/15/2023 at 7:51 PM, Kevstosmart said:

p.s your behind as well on using the entry luas to declare the efg . Had that done from the old superbug mod I still maintain. 

Edited by bennyboy9800

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

5 hours ago, Kevstosmart said:

What else do I need to say? I already said it. what are we suppose to do with the centerline amraams ? Lol

What are you talking about? It isn't possible to load AIM-120s on the centerline pylon. The MSC station is the new centerline pylon and as you can see AIM-120s or other missiles are not chooseable there.

DCS 2023-01-16 10-07-02.jpg

5 hours ago, Kevstosmart said:

and all you’d loose would be atlflir

To loose the ATFLIR pod would mean you could never use laser-guided weapons and you could never use the TOO mode with gps-guided weapons.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

On 1/15/2023 at 8:51 PM, Kevstosmart said:

And when approached with better ideas than your own. Your posey is quick to jump on the flak train.

I'll give you some advice. When you act like a stingy yelp reviewer, you are asking to be served trash on a silver platter. 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Hi first of all thank you for your work on this mod and for sharing.

Does anyone been able to make it work with the Simshaker software of the JetSeat from Andre?

Thank you on advance and keep up!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

10 hours ago, Kevstosmart said:

Screen_221221_234801.jpg

Screen_230116_193915.jpg

I am not sure what do you want to say with these pictures.

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

• ED Team

A reminder to all, treat each other with respect and read our forum rules. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I dont know why, but it seems don't want to install on my system even manually. I use the last openbeta, with one difference, it is a unpdated standard DCS software to openbeta with the windows command not a fresh install.  skin theme work, but it is still the FA18C in mission editor. even after select liveries for the Superhornet.

Same using OVGME

Edited by Lane

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

Sorry for asking late but I've tried the Super Hornet versions the sea radar for example doesn't detect targets, can't change the harpoons modes, but I was able to use ACLS,  is it a bug or only the C version fully working? Thanks for the great work mate! 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ahmadrizik said:

Sorry for asking late but I've tried the Super Hornet versions the sea radar for example doesn't detect targets, can't change the harpoons modes, but I was able to use ACLS,  is it a bug or only the C version fully working? Thanks for the great work mate! 

All of these functions work properly on our end, not sure what is causing that. It should have the same functionality as the C version. 

We will do some additional testing and see if we can replicate. Thanks for bringing this up! 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 1

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Hi @bennyboy9800,

First of all, thank you so much for this mod. Outstanding work indeed, enhances a lot my missions with all the variants. I fly the Hornet since day one and now i only fly the Superbug.

Let me ask you if it is possible, i use the Blue Angels mod only because of the feature to stow/unstow the boarding ladder with a key bind. It works with your mod without any major issues (to be honest the only one that i´m aware of is that the propellers are absent in the ALQ-99s, not a big deal) it is possible to implement this option to the Superbug?

It´s a small feature that lacks in DCS core and as a VR user using the boarding ladder enhances my experience and for others too.

Thank you and keep up the good work,

Regards.

Bruno.

10 hours ago, greyseal494 said:

I must be doing something wrong. I d/l this and got the Hornet with the F-15 cockpit.

Do you own the DCS F-18C Hornet?

Bennyboy,

Havent tried yet but have DLed it.

Before I try it .......

Question :  IS IT possible any other MOD aircraft that people have already installed could possibly cause install or other issues?  I doubt you guys test that possibility.  I probably would not do that if I were you  - but no clue as top this possibility. That would be a lot of testing. 

I generally trying to have only one aircraft mod installed at a time other than purchased mods. I will do the same with this Mod.

Thanks for your work !!!

Elvis

18 minutes ago, ElvisDaKang said:

Question :  IS IT possible any other MOD aircraft that people have already installed could possibly cause install or other issues?  I doubt you guys test that possibility.  I probably would not do that if I were you  - but no clue as top this possibility. That would be a lot of testing. 

Our mod will only conflict with other mods that alter the FA-18C. However, the VSN_FA-18D is compatible, presuming you follow the instructions in this post: 

Edited by bennyboy9800

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Great job guys. I really liked the previous version and I can't wait to try the new one. Downloading now 🙂.

I'm also working on a little project to get all the great naval aviation mods out the working together.

Here's a pic of 14 F/A-18Es taking off from the French carrier Charles De Gaulle and a video featuring your F/A-18 E and F

Thank you for all your hard work. 

Screen_230126_233120.jpg