How to center the mouse cursor in the VR view?

I don't seem to find a key binding to do that, help would be appreciated.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I use voice attack to centre the cursor , and then bind the voice attack command to a button

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Thanks. now, you remind me a little utility that map a joystick button to centre the mouse pointer...

Update: yup, JoyToKey

https://joytokey.net/en/download

New question: can I achieve the same with AHS?

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Sorry, should be AutoHotKey

Am I missing something here?
Would it not be much easier to just move the mouse to center the cursor rather than having some third party software to do it for ya?

• Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Cause if you hit a button, it's in the centre as your head turns... And you can then click on things easily by moving your hewd

21 minutes ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Sorry, should be AutoHotKey

Ah yeah, not sure you would be able to do it in AHK without going via vjoy

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

34 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Cause if you hit a button, it's in the centre as your head turns... And you can then click on things easily by moving your hewd

Ah yeah, not sure you would be able to do it in AHK without going via vjoy

Oh, forget it then.

42 minutes ago, dburne said:

Am I missing something here?
Would it not be much easier to just move the mouse to center the cursor rather than having some third party software to do it for ya?

Most of the time, you are right, but in VR, if the mouse cursor is moved, I may wish to re-center the mouse curse so that the cursor will then be where I am looking at.

It is also possible with joytokey, the only thing to do is press the button you want to use twice ... then go to mouse advanced label and make sure that in the params you put 50 and 50 without integer options, just like in the screen and voilá, key pressed , cursor centered.joytokey.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Mine is always centred.  In fact, I can't move the pointer away from centre. How are you guys doing that? (not that I want to, I like look-click).

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

1 hour ago, Lace said:

Mine is always centred.  In fact, I can't move the pointer away from centre. How are you guys doing that? (not that I want to, I like look-click).

In VR options, check "use mouse". Then you have normal mouse functionality. Unchecked, you get the view-centered fixed cursor and to get the most out of it, bind mouse button functions in UI layer to your HOTAS (for straightly looking at buttons in the cockpit and using them without lifting a hand from HOTAS).

• Like 2

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

22 minutes ago, RealDCSpilot said:

In VR options, check "use mouse". Then you have normal mouse functionality. Unchecked, you get the view-centered fixed cursor and to get the most out of it, bind mouse button functions in UI layer to your HOTAS (for straightly looking at buttons in the cockpit and using them without lifting a hand from HOTAS).

That's exactly how I do it.  No mouse interaction required.  Didn't know you could 'turn it off' though.

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

48 minutes ago, RealDCSpilot said:

How about analog controls, like where you have to press and move (example: turn on JHMCS on f16, fa18)?

Not moving to centre but I used to use joy2key for moving the mouse with the warthog slew stick (along with a modifier key binding) but I could only bind it as a fixed speed digital motion.  I now use joystick gremlin which has more utility and allows proportional speed of the cursor as well as using modifiers from another device (which I couldn't get to work in joy2key).

I have warthog pinky paddle as a general modifier key bound in DCS, in joystick gremlin I have the slew stick bound to mouse movement with the pinky paddle being the conditional activator for it. In DCS UI layer I bind pinky paddle + CMS hat to mouse button functions (left/right & mwheel up/down).  This way, whilst still HOTAS, I can move the mouse cursor independantly of my head if required to reposition it or leave it slaved and activate all controls.  Additionally I can manipulate the F10 map and menus using the slew stick which is impossible with the headset slaved cursor.  The only caveat of the above setting is that you need to bind pinky paddle + slew stick to a couple of redundant view axis bindings otherwise when you move the mouse cursor it slews your TGP etc 😄

• Like 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Humm, if I uncheck "Use Mouse" in the VR tab, will the mouse buttons work?

Yes, I think that will just leave the mouse cursor slaved to the centre of your vision with a cross, I don't think it will hide itself.  You can still bind mouse controls to hotas 🙂

• Thanks 1

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

Humm, or I can tie this silly little "ring mouse" to the HOTAS, I may not need the LEAP or anything else.

Image.jpeg

I use Joy2Key too for mapping mouse buttons and wheel to HOTAS buttons as well as mouse centre

I use the CMS hat on my stick for mouse control - Fwd Right button, back left button (assigned in DCS) and press for mouse centre (Joy2Key) and left and right for mouse wheel. In order to be able to press the button and repeat mouse wheel movements I use Joy2Key to assign keys which repeat 5x per second. It gives me enough control to say turn the rotary knob of an altimeter.

Mouse movement I also use the Warthog throttle slew.

I also assign mouse wheel movement to a rotary on a button box

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

21 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

How about analog controls, like where you have to press and move (example: turn on JHMCS on f16, fa18)?

For "UI Layer" i have bound 2 HOTAS buttons on my throttle grip to left click, right click and one encoder dial of my throttle grip to mouse wheel forward and mouse wheel backward. Gives you all the same functionality like with a mouse and no need for running extra mapping software.

17 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Humm, if I uncheck "Use Mouse" in the VR tab, will the mouse buttons work?

Yes, they will continue to work. Other people also use classic trackball devices as alternative to binding mouse buttons to HOTAS.

16 hours ago, edmuss said:

Yes, I think that will just leave the mouse cursor slaved to the centre of your vision with a cross, I don't think it will hide itself.  You can still bind mouse controls to hotas 🙂

I believe there is even a binding somewhere to hide and unhide this cursor. Have to search for it again...

Edited by RealDCSpilot

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

2 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

I believe there is even a binding somewhere to hide and unhide this cursor. Have to search for it again...

that would be a godsend!

9 hours ago, RealDCSpilot said:

For "UI Layer" i have bound 2 HOTAS buttons on my throttle grip to left click, right click and one encoder dial of my throttle grip to mouse wheel forward and mouse wheel backward. Gives you all the same functionality like with a mouse and no need for running extra mapping software.

Yes, they will continue to work. Other people also use classic trackball devices as alternative to binding mouse buttons to HOTAS.

LALT C

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

⁉️

null

null

image.png

Instead, there is a key bind found in each plane module:

image.png

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 1