Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

Hi @currenthill This is not a specific request but more of a wish. Any chance making any Yugoslav/ Serbian vehicles? We had lots of weird and cool stuff and the m-84 tank is used by some Arab nations so it would be a good addition for desert maps. Some of them have good models already available.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lodewijk12 said:

The 9m96 missile is active radar, meaning the missile has its own tracking radar, and its own guidance computer.

The missile only needs to be directed by the radar in the first phase of flight. in its midcourse flight it uses INS guidance to go to a location, or DataLink guidance from other assets (such as AWACS) in its terminal phase the missile it uses its own radar to acquire the target and its own guidance computer to guide it towards that target, the missile also lofts. which means its likely going to be above you in its terminal phase making terrain masking very difficult.

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me, I understand better now.

But I still ask myself a question: when the missile activates its radar, shouldn't I have a return via the RWR (like what happens with an AIM-120 when it passes Pitbull)?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vox said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me, I understand better now.

But I still ask myself a question: when the missile activates its radar, shouldn't I have a return via the RWR (like what happens with an AIM-120 when it passes Pitbull)?

Where you spiked by an awacs or any other asset before you were destroyed? 

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

7 hours ago, Vox said:

Theoretically, a missile with a low probability of intercept radar could track a target without triggering RWR.  I don't know if that's what's being modeled here, however.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 9:31 AM, clanitho said:

So you have another problematic mod.

Yep, figured it out, it's the MH and SH 60 mods for the UH60L mod.  Tried the same file fixes modified to the aircraft name but it didn't work.  The MR and SH would crash the game instead, so I removed them and now have my CH engine sounds back.  Sad, maybe someday those helicopters will work.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bennyboy9800 said:

Where you spiked by an awacs or any other asset before you were destroyed?

No, it's a test mission (the .trk is attached to my initial question...) where there's just me and an S-350 system. Once in the terrain there is no more RWR return until the missile impacts.

6 minutes ago, HighMaintenanceB said:

Oh my god.  Thank you very much! 

Np, and it's definitely not perfect. There are a lot of weird Abrams models out there. I had to settle on the least worst one and add/remove stuff. This is suppose to be the M1A2 SEPv3. It comes with the M829A4 APFSDS-T and M830A1 HEAT-MP-T.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Np, and it's definitely not perfect. There are a lot of weird Abrams models out there. I had to settle on the least worst one and add/remove stuff. This is suppose to be the M1A2 SEPv3. It comes with the M829A4 APFSDS-T and M830A1 HEAT-MP-T.

Ah, fair enough.  Either way, we are grateful to have you as part of the DCS community and I'm just happy to see a far nicer M1 Abrams than the old ED/Combined Arms one.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

If this is not perfect, then how can we call the default DCS Abrams ? :))))

Thank you CH !

Edited by Abburo
  • Like 2

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

16 hours ago, currenthill said:

Ah lol i first tought it's an SEP V2 because of the old CROWS system:) 

• Like 1

Hello CH, is it possible to have this sam ( used by Irak during Iran/Irak War) ?

https://www.bb-mapping-designs.de/community/include.php?path=download&contentid=436

image.png

• Like 3

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

not going against anybody but seeing what are the usual time frame of dcs planes i think going too foward in the assets time frame will render them too powerful, the pantsir is already a mighty opponent for example, again, imho, cold war/90's timeframe is missing a lot of interesting assets that would be very useful, but again, this is my opinion. definetly not going against anyone

Edited by Hawkmoon
  • Like 1

I named this asset M1A2 MBT so I can added more versions (like for example the TUSK) in the future.

image.pngM1A2 MBT (USA) version 1.0.0 released!
Changelog Version 1.0.0

• Release version

M1A2SEPV3 promo.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8