Military Assets for DCS by Currenthill

13 hours ago, currenthill said:

I actually have a Buk M3 system in the works. Including the TAR, CP, TELAR and FCR. 👍🏻

After this amazing news you deserve a monthly support on your donation site. I really appreciate your job!! 

About the new Buk. M3 is great and welcome, but M2 have been a lot of real action in the current war. If possible, please make M2 in a later addition. 

Edited by pepin1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

After this amazing news you deserve a monthly support on your donation site. I really appreciate your job!! 

About the new Buk. M3 is great and welcome, but M2 have been a lot of real action in the current war. If possible, please make M2 in a later addition. 

Just so you know in the mean time HDS (High Digit Sams Mod) has the BuK-M1/2 (SA-17) and it works and looks great. Not on par with the looks of CH's stuff but still very well done.

• Like 3

Really great job on these new additions man.  I do have a question - With the M777, is there a way to tune or modify the range at which the unit decides to fire a guided round instead of the regular HE?

Or if I wanted this unit to ONLY fire the guided rounds, but at any legitimate distance for it for instance.

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

41 minutes ago, fargo007 said:

Really great job on these new additions man.  I do have a question - With the M777, is there a way to tune or modify the range at which the unit decides to fire a guided round instead of the regular HE?

Or if I wanted this unit to ONLY fire the guided rounds, but at any legitimate distance for it for instance.

Thanks!

You choose guided or unguided per fire mission in the ME. Just make sure your target is within minimum and maximum range. 

37 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Thanks!

You choose guided or unguided per fire mission in the ME. Just make sure your target is within minimum and maximum range. 

Sorry CH, seems I'm missing where I can choose the munition. Normally should be in the menu as per below picture but for some reasons I cannot see it. What am I doing wrong?

image.png

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

7 minutes ago, Abburo said:

Sorry CH, seems I'm missing where I can choose the munition. Normally should be in the menu as per below picture but for some reasons I cannot see it. What am I doing wrong?

image.png

Add 'Fire at point', choose Unguided or Guided. If you chose guided, make sure you only put 1 round per fire mission row, otherwise DCS might do strange stuff with the fired rounds. For unguided shells, you can set the amount you want per fire mission. So you can fire both guided and unguided from the same artillery within the running mission. 👍🏻

Skärmbild 2024-01-14 200502.jpg

Edited by currenthill
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, currenthill said:

Add 'Fire at point', choose Unguided or Guided. If you chose guided, make sure you only put 1 round per fire mission row, otherwise DCS might do strange stuff with the fired rounds. For unguided shells, you can set the amount you want per fire mission. So you can fire both guided and unguided from the same artillery within the running mission. 👍🏻

I wasn't even close to this. Thank you so much @currenthill for your explanation. Now I need to see how this can be scripted via Moose!

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

15 hours ago, fargo007 said:

I'm sorry, I mean in a more dynamic way, like controlling them with CA, or via scripts.

Well you should be ableto set the fire mission just like he showed and then allow the script to run it at a specific time or condition. You can do this by adding a Trigger.. Unless you mean something else.. As for CA probably a little more difficult to implement.. But, Idk for sure.

On 1/1/2024 at 9:03 PM, currenthill said:

I added a new entry in the about DCS crashing and units not spawning: FAQ: https://www.currenthill.com/faq

I've also just added the brake parachute for the Tu-160M2. But don't fool yourselves, don't try to land this behemoth on a short runway unless you have very little fuel left. 😅

Skärmbild 2024-01-01 210033.jpg

Wooow Now Russian Heavies are almost complete... Only TU-142 is missing 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KrazyPilot said:

Well you should be ableto set the fire mission just like he showed and then allow the script to run it at a specific time or condition. You can do this by adding a Trigger.. Unless you mean something else.. As for CA probably a little more difficult to implement.. But, Idk for sure.

No brother, that's not what I'm referring to at all.  I'll explain a little better.

The way we use this (and mortars) is that a lift helicopter transports those assets to a drop zone where they are in range of the target. In this case, the gun is deployed via CTLD (or slingloaded there).  

Some distance away, an observation helicopter (SA342, OH-58D) spots a target, calls that pilot on the ground near the gun and provides coordinates.  

That pilot (who has combined arms) goes to ground idle, hits the F10 map, clicks our M77 unit and sees this:  image.png

null

They then pick "ADD TARGET" and move the mark to the coords I provided:

null

image.png

They send those rounds and the helicopter spots the impacts, adjust as needed or call the fire mission complete. 

What I want to be able to do is modify the mod so that the guided shells are either:

1 - The only ordnance this gun can fire, at any distance.

2 - Available at a much shorter range (configurable in the lua) than 30km.

I hope that explains it better. 

/Fargo

Edited by fargo007

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

On 1/14/2024 at 6:56 AM, KrazyPilot said:

Just so you know in the mean time HDS (High Digit Sams Mod) has the BuK-M1/2 (SA-17) and it works and looks great. Not on par with the looks of CH's stuff but still very well done.

The High digit is a M1-2, previous variant. With old radar. I was just trying to have both Ukraine war versions. Sound to me having only the M3 is too much 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi CH, there seem to be a problem with s350 system. If you fire a lot of curies missiles at it few seconds after the first 9M96D launcher is empty the site stops firing even if the other launchers have missiles.  
I have attached the test mission. 

static .miz

32 minutes ago, CarbonFox said:

An interesting bird to consider adding down the line for the Chinese assets. J-16 or the Su-30MKK Flanker-G.

image.png

1200px-HMCS_Calgary_(FFH-335)_leaves_Pearl_Harbor_in_July_2014.jpg

Just now, Timex3 said:

lav_6_0.jpg

I would love something Canadian.

download.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Toxicgas234 said:

I think the THAAD would be a good asset to make down the line

image.png

Yeah, Thaad should be there. thanks for the suggestion! 

@currenthill what about to have a second zipped file as an updater to the mayor huge package. That way we don't need to download the whole package every time you launch some minors add and fix. That way slow speed internet people have a refresh on that. I know some people did stop use your mods due the size of the package to download.

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/13/2024 at 9:13 PM, currenthill said:

Yep! I also believe that would be a good candidate. I'm currently searching for a suitable model of the Z-10 or the Z-19. So it's definitely on the table. 

I actually have a Buk M3 system in the works. Including the TAR, CP, TELAR and FCR. 👍🏻

you are not doing the M3 TEL and low altitude radar?

the full missile system looks like this Bukm3.jpg 

many people have mistaken the 12 round slave launcher to being the reloading vehicle.

the reloading vehicle is on the left in this picture reloading the 6 round TELAR M3reloader.jpg

Edited by lodewijk12
  • Like 4

I think whole S300 family asset pack would be really a nice addition to DCS. HDS seems outdated and it doesn't meet "new" model standards. By S300 family I mean: S300V1-4, S300VM1/M2, S300VMD, S300P, S300PT/A, S300PS, S300PM1/2, S300PMU1/2 and S400. With a proper IADS integration it would be a game changer for current DCS mod environment

image.png

image.png

• Like 5

Whatever long range missiles Iran and it's Hizb'allah proxies have, that's the launcher and systems I want most.  🫡

These are great for deep strike missions for anything from F-15SE's to Hornets, A-10's or (of course) attack helicopters.

It's important that they work with both CA and script control as most advanced users will be deploying them in a more dynamic way rather than hardcoding fire orders via the ME. 

Since we're using so many of your most excellent mods, CH - We are happy to offer to help test the full spectrum of anything we're likely to use. CA, Script (MOOSE/ARTY), & multiplayer. 

• Like 2

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

1 hour ago, EchoOneOne said:

I think whole S300 family asset pack would be really a nice addition to DCS. HDS seems outdated and it doesn't meet "new" model standards. By S300 family I mean: S300V1-4, S300VM1/M2, S300VMD, S300P, S300PT/A, S300PS, S300PM1/2, S300PMU1/2 and S400. With a proper IADS integration it would be a game changer for current DCS mod environment

image.png

image.png

HDS mod has actual destroyed models, and their performance characteristics are solid. I would not call this an outdated mod. Currenthill may disagree, but I would consider this request to be highly redudant, since it is already in-game to a high degree of recreation. I would assume he'd prefer to spend his time creating systems that we don't have in-game yet. 

Edited by bennyboy9800
  • Like 5

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

22 hours ago, Septic said:

Hi CH, there seem to be a problem with s350 system. If you fire a lot of curies missiles at it few seconds after the first 9M96D launcher is empty the site stops firing even if the other launchers have missiles.  
I have attached the test mission. 

static .miz 7.66 kB · 2 downloads

Strange, I'll take a look. 

19 hours ago, CarbonFox said:

An interesting bird to consider adding down the line for the Chinese assets. J-16 or the Su-30MKK Flanker-G.

image.png

Thanks for the suggestion! 👍🏻

18 hours ago, Timex3 said:

lav_6_0.jpg

I would love something Canadian.

download.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion! 👍🏻

18 hours ago, Toxicgas234 said:

I think the THAAD would be a good asset to make down the line

image.png

Yep, it might happen. 👍🏻

5 hours ago, pepin1234 said:

Yeah, Thaad should be there. thanks for the suggestion! 

@currenthill what about to have a second zipped file as an updater to the mayor huge package. That way we don't need to download the whole package every time you launch some minors add and fix. That way slow speed internet people have a refresh on that. I know some people did stop use your mods due the size of the package to download.

Well, I've said it before. If downloading my assets is such a burden, why even use them?  It's not like I get royalties per copy. The quid pro quo for all the hours I put into my assets is waiting for a download to finish. 😅

If admin becomes too much work I would just keep making the assets but not release them publicly. The move to larger packs is how I chose to combat the issue for now.

1 hour ago, lodewijk12 said:

you are not doing the M3 TEL and low altitude radar?

the full missile system looks like this Bukm3.jpg 

many people have mistaken the 12 round slave launcher to being the reloading vehicle.

the reloading vehicle is on the left in this picture reloading the 6 round TELAR M3reloader.jpg

You'll just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, fargo007 said:

Whatever long range missiles Iran and it's Hizb'allah proxies have, that's the launcher and systems I want most.  🫡

These are great for deep strike missions for anything from F-15SE's to Hornets, A-10's or (of course) attack helicopters.

It's important that they work with both CA and script control as most advanced users will be deploying them in a more dynamic way rather than hardcoding fire orders via the ME. 

Since we're using so many of your most excellent mods, CH - We are happy to offer to help test the full spectrum of anything we're likely to use. CA, Script (MOOSE/ARTY), & multiplayer. 

I do what I can within the possibilities and limitations of DCS. I use standard features, in this case both unguided and guided munitions. These are standard features in DCS and should be able to use with scripts and such.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, currenthill said:

Well, I've said it before. If downloading my assets is such a burden, why even use them?  It's not like I get royalties per copy.

What a polite and thoughtful response ... makes one wonder how some users have no problem downloading DCS in the first place, but then balk at any large User Mod. 

On my case, I actually prefer larger Mods Packs, rather than piecemeal individual assets, as it makes it easier to share missions without having to micro-manage which exact Mods it requires.

• Like 8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello, Currenthill! Thank you for the work, time and desire that you devote to working on mods, this is the best creation for DCS that I have ever seen. I read about the problems with the 3M-14, which circle on the trajectory section, but do not reach the targets, and I discovered the same problem. I reinstalled the entire Russian mod pack again, but it didn’t help, I had the same problem. Everything is fine with Iskander-K and X-555, the only problem is with 3M-14. I'll attach my mission just in case.

Регион.miz