Meta Quest Pro Settings

Ginsu80

Out of interest, is this thread relevant to the current situation with the QP? I am assuming not as nothing along these lines has been mentioned in this thread or any other Quest Pro specific ones, but.....one or two QP users in that thread reported better performance. 

There was the point that using OTT is different to setting the mirror resolution within DCS...although, no idea why this should be? 

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hello everyone!

Just recently got my Quest Pro. Coming from almost  everything that had been released (CV1, Rift S, HPreverb, Index, Pimax 8KX, HP G2, Varjo (what a piece of sh...), Pico4) found that Quest Pro is almost perfect. Add some resolution on top of all it has to offer and it would The Best and The only must have headset for flying.

Since all of you gentlemen  have quite of experience with this headset could you please help me with one thing I'm having troubles with. Its fun, but using Quad-view is causing some stutters and when I have it deleted/uninstalled everything is smooth. Did someone of you have anything like this? 

• Like 1

9 минут назад, Maksim Savelev сказал:

Hello everyone!

Just recently got my Quest Pro. Coming from almost  everything that had been released (CV1, Rift S, HPreverb, Index, Pimax 8KX, HP G2, Varjo (what a piece of sh...), Pico4) found that Quest Pro is almost perfect. Add some resolution on top of all it has to offer and it would The Best and The only must have headset for flying.

Since all of you gentlemen  have quite of experience with this headset could you please help me with one thing I'm having troubles with. Its fun, but using Quad-view is causing some stutters and when I have it deleted/uninstalled everything is smooth. Did someone of you have anything like this? 

MT or ST version of DCS?

if MT, try to unpark CPU cores (with ParkControl app for example). for me it completly removed stutters (mouse cursor movement caused) in MT version.

Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

41 minutes ago, Maksim Savelev said:

Hello everyone!

Good choice! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

55 минут назад, biotech сказал:

MT or ST version of DCS?

if MT, try to unpark CPU cores (with ParkControl app for example). for me it completly removed stutters (mouse cursor movement caused) in MT version.

Unfortunately it did nothing to me. Seems like this technology sucking more performances out of my system than gives benefits, I'm just wondering why it happens. Have no clue at this moment(  

1 hour ago, Maksim Savelev said:

Hello everyone!

Try turning on Turbo Mode in OKRTK, that removed all the stutters I was having with MT and my QP

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

18 minutes ago, Maksim Savelev said:

I'm using Turbo Mode On 

It will not help.

You are most likely CPU, not GPU limited with your frames. QVFR helps only when there is a clear GPU bottleneck. In case of CPU limit, it's causing stutters and lower fps, try to uninstall it and test same scenario with 72hz at res on 1.3x

For more, check vr4dcs discord for Quest Pro https://discord.com/channels/610534461456777257/1029725611662524566

and QVFR discord https://discord.com/channels/933220354401398785/947051902913376318

Edited by Bazz_Mulder

Kowalsky

- "Fox 3" means that you have commitment issues

Just wanted to clarify, I'm the only one person in here who are not pushing things from the limits. Using 4224*2128 with 72fps in Oculus software and having 1.0 multiplayer in OTT. At Rtx4090 and AMD5800X3d system. I really mean I have very smooth experience with stable 72fps in DCS running lowest settings than everyone has here. Problem is that installing Quad-Views cause these performance to drop significantly

Edited by Maksim Savelev

53 minutes ago, Maksim Savelev said:

Just wanted to clarify, I'm the only one person in here who are not pushing things from the limits. Using 4224*2128 with 72fps in Oculus software and having 1.0 multiplayer in OTT. At Rtx4090 and AMD5800X3d system. I really mean I have very smooth experience with stable 72fps in DCS running lowest settings than everyone has here. Problem is that installing Quad-Views cause these performance to drop significantly

Well, you are not the only person with the same issue - I also have 5800x3d with 4090. My experience has been that, when a scene is more complex, QVFR is worse, no matter what I do, it increases about ~3-5ms of frame time both CPU and GPU. But in less complex scenes (i.e. simple caucaus map missions), I can crank up the visuals without as much performance decrease. My only uneducated guess is that rendering 4 views instead of 2 gets really bad when object count goes up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, recoilfx said:

Well, you are not the only person with the same issue - I also have 5800x3d with 4090. My experience has been that, when a scene is more complex, QVFR is worse, no matter what I do, it increases about ~3-5ms of frame time both CPU and GPU. But in less complex scenes (i.e. simple caucaus map missions), I can crank up the visuals without as much performance decrease. My only uneducated guess is that rendering 4 views instead of 2 gets really bad when object count goes up.

I have found this to be true as well

When it works, I have headroom of 100% and then all of a sudden BAM! -4ms 

I believe this is due to CPU utilisation. I also have a 4090 and 5800X3D

I haven't dug too deeply into it as I can just make the GPU work harder without DFR

• Like 1

Thank you very much gentlemen! Now its clear for me that it gives an additional hit on performances and it's not just me. As I understood, people who appreciate this technology pushing theirs settings very high regardless of smoothness sake and then when they're getting themselves trapped  at the bottle neck they use this Quad-View to get some relieve. 

1 hour ago, Digitalvole said:

Is Quad view the same as DFR?

Well they are tied together I believe as I understand one needs Quad View to have DFR. At least that is my impression. I am sure @mbucchia will clarify if different.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Well they are tied together I believe as I understand one needs Quad View to have DFR. At least that is my impression. I am sure @mbucchia will clarify if different.

Ahh, ok. Thanks dburne. I really appreciate your answering my questions on stuff I’m sure you guys all squared away months ago. 👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bazz_Mulder said:

No, they are not the same. QVFR relies on eye movement tracking. DFR is fixed to the center of the screen. DFR should be turned OFF when using QVFR as stated per step in installation procedure which require to make all OpenXR setting back to default state, also on project wiki page:

• Be mindful of the settings you enable in OpenXR Toolkit! Several settings are incompatible and should not be used:

• 'Foveated Rendering' - You are already doing this through Quad-Views-Foveated, and better!.
    • 'Field of view' override and 'Zoom'.
    • 'Turbo mode' may only be used if it is not already enabled through Quad-Views-Foveated's configuration.

Ah ok, I thought that was FFR (fixed foveated rendering) and DFR (Dynamic Foveated Rendering) is tracking where your eyes are?

If one is using DFR/Quad View does one have to use open XR? I ask because I really don’t like the motion smoothing in open XR where as the Oculus version is pretty good. 

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Digitalvole:

Ah ok, I thought that was FFR (fixed foveated rendering) and DFR (Dynamic Foveated Rendering) is tracking where your eyes are?

If one is using DFR/Quad View does one have to use open XR? I ask because I really don’t like the motion smoothing in open XR where as the Oculus version is pretty good. 

You are correct on FFR and DFR. The poster @Bazz_Mulder above somehow confuses DFR (DYNAMIC Foveated Rendering) with FFR (Fixed Foveated Rendering).
Quad Views is the technique that mbucchia uses to implement DFR for DCS and it only works with OpenXR.

Installing OpenXR Toolkit is optional and it should be installed before "Quad-Views-Foveated".
Some Settings (e.g. Foveated Rendering like posted above by Bazz_Mulder) are incompatible with Quad Views and should be avoided in OpenXR Toolkit. See Wiki: https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki

Your Oculus headset runtime will still use ASW even when running with OpenXR API.

Edited by Sile

2 hours ago, Sile said:

You are correct on FFR and DFR. The poster @Bazz_Mulder above somehow confuses DFR (DYNAMIC Foveated Rendering) with FFR (Fixed Foveated Rendering).
Quad Views is the technique that mbucchia uses to implement DFR for DCS and it only works with OpenXR.

Installing OpenXR Toolkit is optional and it should be installed before "Quad-Views-Foveated".
Some Settings (e.g. Foveated Rendering like posted above by Bazz_Mulder) are incompatible with Quad Views and should be avoided in OpenXR Toolkit. See Wiki: https://github.com/mbucchia/Quad-Views-Foveated/wiki

Your Oculus headset runtime will still use ASW even when running with OpenXR API.

Thanks for clearing that up, so many terms it’s easy to get confused. 🙂

Fantastic news about ASW too, I’m warming up my right index finger, gonna be using it to hit the buy button tonight. 😄

Made couple of tests and agree with @Maksim Savelev and @recoilfx

Quad-view rendering have noticable performance issues with multiple 3d objects in sight (airplanes on airfield for example), even at far distance.

• Like 1
Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

Gentlemen another question. As I understand when Quad-View is installed its already providing a fix which prevents DCS from crashing when headset is taken off, is there any method to prevent it without installing it? Overriding proximity sensor via  Oculus Debug Tool doesn't help. Any advices on this? Thank you

Edited by Maksim Savelev

5 часов назад, Maksim Savelev сказал:

Any advices on this? Thank you

turn off "Turbo mode" in OpenXR Toolkit. and wait for @mbucchia to update this tool.

Спойлер

Oculus Quest Pro.

My settings for VR

(Deleted because I misread the message)

2 hours ago, biotech said:

turn off "Turbo mode" in OpenXR Toolkit. and wait for @mbucchia to update this tool.

I don't know what update you are talking about. If the user isn't using Quad Views, there's nothing I can do.

The bug in question is in the Oculus runtime, and I reported it to Meta.

Edited by mbucchia
  • Like 2

This account is now inactive and not monitored.