Meta Quest Pro Settings

Ginsu80

2 часа назад, mbucchia сказал:

The bug in question is in the Oculus runtime, and I reported it to Meta.

Ok then. Will wait for Meta to fix them bug. Some time it could happen )

Edited by biotech
  • Like 1
Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

16 hours ago, Digitalvole said:

Thanks for clearing that up, so many terms it’s easy to get confused. 🙂

Fantastic news about ASW too, I’m warming up my right index finger, gonna be using it to hit the buy button tonight. 😄

Yes, sorry, my bad – What I've meant by DFR should be stated as FFR (Fixed Foveated rendering). I've misunderstood the post that I was referring too. I will delete mine to not confuse anyone.

Edited by Bazz_Mulder

Kowalsky

- "Fox 3" means that you have commitment issues

2 hours ago, Bazz_Mulder said:

Yes, sorry, my bad – What I've meant by DFR should be stated as FFR (Fixed Foveated rendering). I've misunderstood the post that I was referring too. I will delete mine to not confuse anyone.

No worries, it ain’t easy keeping up with all this stuff. 🙂

10 часов назад, mbucchia сказал:

(Deleted because I misread the message)

I don't know what update you are talking about. If the user isn't using Quad Views, there's nothing I can do.

The bug in question is in the Oculus runtime, and I reported it to Meta.

Thank you for your work and time spent taken care of VR and it's community. Could you please explain for a dumb person why the  Quad-View runs worse performance wise? As we've always been told that foveated rendering or the way you've implemented it via quad-view is there to make application run faster by saving resources by not rendering the whole FOV scene with equal quality?     

• Like 1

Thank you for your work and time spent taken care of VR and it's community. Could you please explain for a dumb person why the  Quad-View runs worse performance wise? As we've always been told that foveated rendering or the way you've implemented it via quad-view is there to make application run faster by saving resources by not rendering the whole FOV scene with equal quality?     
I will try to answer you.
Foveated rendering is useful if you are GPU bound.
While if you are CPU bound it can worsen your performance.
Mbucchia can of course be more precise and clarify more.
What are your specs?
  • Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

43 минуты назад, VirusAM сказал:

What are your specs?

imho it's more DCS problem than quad view algorithm.

i've attached simple example (requires Normandy and WWII objects). airfield is pretty saturated with static objects. looking in direction of those objects with DFR drops framerate to 55-65. without DFR framerate is rock steady 72 fps. in both cases i have enough headroom of GPU, so it's definitely CPU problem. but i'm not shure that even i9 13900 solves this problem.

P-47_Norm44_Startup.miz

Edited by biotech
Спойлер

i7 13700KF @ 5,4 GHz; DDR5 64GB RAM; Palit RTX 4090; AOC AG352UCG 35" 3440x1440; Win11.
Oculus Quest Pro.
"Marksman-L" rudder by MyCyJIbMaHuH ; VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base; VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip; VPC MongoosT-50CM Throttle.

My settings for VR

54 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

What are your specs?

This is correct. Quad views requires to render 2 more views, it will actually increase CPU utilization. 

So you only want to use quad views if your are largely GPU limited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This account is now inactive and not monitored.

Aren’t we kinda always at least a bit cpu limited? MT has been a great help but when I play Liberation I still have to use some pretty heavy culling.

Is MT going to be improved (in our lifetime 😉 )? or is there wriggle room with quad view in future? 

Is there a tipping point with objects? I know this would be cpu dependant, what I suppose I mean is, is it fine as long as the scene isn’t mental busy?

PS just curious, yet to even receive my QP. 

1 hour ago, Digitalvole said:

Aren’t we kinda always at least a bit cpu limited? MT has been a great help but when I play Liberation I still have to use some pretty heavy culling.

Is MT going to be improved (in our lifetime 😉 )? or is there wriggle room with quad view in future? 

Is there a tipping point with objects? I know this would be cpu dependant, what I suppose I mean is, is it fine as long as the scene isn’t mental busy?

I found MT to be very beneficial, and especially when combined with quad view for DFR/eye tracking. Keep in mind MT is still pretty new just being released this year by ED, so I would think improvements will be coming down the pike. I think you will likely be pleased with the results when you get it.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok, I'll make a statement here: If you have a fast GPU (4090), QVFR will not help you in missions that have some complexity, in fact, you'll loose performance.

If I am wrong here, please let me know (and please post your build, before and after frame times using the F16 Nevada Cold start instant action), because I'm ready to pull my system apart to find out why I get worse performance with 5800x3d/4090.

I run without QVFR currently - 72hz@1.3x rendering resolution on the Oculus app, and additional 1.2x with DCS - this is faster and smoother than QVFR at vanilla settings (no 1.2 PD boost with DCS, just 1.3x on the Oculus app + QVFR's 1.1x focus area multiplier).

6 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

@dburne may I ask what kind of missions you play in DCS? You’ve been VRing for years, I trust your opinion.

I do regret saying “in our life time” I’ve spent too much time reading Hoggit.

Sure all single player campaigns. Currently only with the Hornet and the Spitfire, but trying to broaden my horizons a little with the Apache but got a ways to go.  Have done several campaigns with the Hornet - and three so far with the Spitfire. Also starting one with the P-51.

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Is MT going to be improved (in our lifetime  )? or is there wriggle room with quad view in future? 

Mt for now is just separating rendering thread from the other parts of the simulation.
Probably (just my guess) more multithreading will come in the future.
  • Like 1

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

4 hours ago, dburne said:

Sure all single player campaigns. Currently only with the Hornet and the Spitfire, but trying to broaden my horizons a little with the Apache but got a ways to go.  Have done several campaigns with the Hornet - and three so far with the Spitfire. Also starting one with the P-51.

I’ve not really played any of the campaigns apart from the first mission of the Big Show by Reflected. Probably more things flying about in that mission alone than my average Liberation missions.

1 hour ago, VirusAM said:

Mt for now is just separating rendering thread from the other parts of the simulation.
Probably (just my guess) more multithreading will come in the future.

Good news indeed! It would be nice not to need to buy a new PC every couple of years. 👍

46 minutes ago, Digitalvole said:

I’ve not really played any of the campaigns apart from the first mission of the Big Show by Reflected. Probably more things flying about in that mission alone than my average Liberation missions.

Yeah Reflected's campaigns are awesome. It is his P-51 Campaign I am starting on. I have flown his Spit campaigns.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 2

Don B

18 часов назад, biotech сказал:

imho it's more DCS problem than quad view algorithm.

i've attached simple example (requires Normandy and WWII objects). airfield is pretty saturated with static objects. looking in direction of those objects with DFR drops framerate to 55-65. without DFR framerate is rock steady 72 fps. in both cases i have enough headroom of GPU, so it's definitely CPU problem. but i'm not shure that even i9 13900 solves this problem.

P-47_Norm44_Startup.miz 2.83 \u041c\u0411 · 3 загрузки

I've seen the same. Actually I found that this mew Normandy map is not optimized for MT. Interesting enough  that I was running similar scenario for test purposes  with MT ana ST and this performance drop I've seen with MT but not ST

13 hours ago, dburne said:

Yeah Reflected's campaigns are awesome. It is his P-51 Campaign I am starting on. I have flown his Spit campaigns.

I’d love a Speed and Angels but for the Hornet.

Im getting the “I’ve just spent a lot of money” jitters, is this the correct lead?

CF768878-17E3-470C-B644-82D61901BC1C.jpeg

Looks like it. The official Oculus LInk Cable is quite good , I  used  one for a while with my original Quest mainly to test the early access to Oculus Link tech.

Don B

I finally glued the proximity sensor. I didn't want to use Developer Mode because it requires some additional registration etc. Interestingly, when I stuck black insulating tape, QP didn't work for me (screens was black still). I had to use several layers of transparent tape and now I have the effect like in HP Reverb 2 :thumbup:. The image does not go out and the DCS MT does not freeze even if I have standby mode after 5 minutes.

LLmPmlLh.jpg

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

👍

And developer mode isn‘t needed for „oculus debug tool“ to work. (maybe you were confused because another user called it „oculus developer tool“ some posts ago)
The option „Bypass proximity sensor“ in the debug tool doesn‘t seem to work for the pro anyway, it seems.

Edited by Sile

1 hour ago, Sile said:

The option „Bypass proximity sensor“ in the debug tool doesn‘t seem to work for the pro anyway, it seems.

Yes, it doesnt work, I checked it few times due last 2 months and no any affect for QP.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I finally glued the proximity sensor. I didn't want to use Developer Mode because it requires some additional registration etc. Interestingly, when I stuck black insulating tape, QP didn't work for me (screens was black still). I had to use several layers of transparent tape and now I have the effect like in HP Reverb 2 . The image does not go out and the DCS MT does not freeze even if I have standby mode after 5 minutes.
LLmPmlLh.jpg
Developer mode is not needed for the proximity sensor.
And also enabling developer mode are just some switches in the software and creating an account. If you want to use eye tracking it is mandatory.
Why do you want to glue the sensor?

57 minutes ago, VirusAM said:

Developer mode is not needed for the proximity sensor.

The answer is very simply. As I know its needed, this setting from ODT doesnt work with QP what was writen here in many time. I prefer behavior as it was in Reverb. MT has an CTD issue as well, see this (this is repeated in several topics):

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif