march beta update

giullep

I hope there will be significant improvements for the BS III & the Mi-24. Finally, an English manual for the Mi-24 would be desirable. Likewise for the M1 EE and the Apache and the MAD campaign for the Apache. But we'll see exactly what's coming on March 1st that day.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

1 hour ago, silverdevil said:

so EA will surely not be sharing

Oh god... now Electronic Arts are getting involved?? Guess we'll be seeing micropayments in the update - $10 if you want to use that runway, $15 to fire that missile... 😅😉

• Like 5

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

2 minutes ago, FoxTwo said:

You guys need to relax a little and temper your expectations.

My god, man. Who do you think you're speaking to?  You should temper your expectations about us tempering our expectations. 😉

I would like to see some core updates, that would be good. Some new map action, or updates to existing maps would also be very welcome.  

• Like 4

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Always hope for the best, expect the worst.

So, I'm hoping for: infinitely better VR performance on mid-range systems, brilliant AI, the most beautiful whole world map ever created, captivating dynamic campaign, full-fidelity real time weather and dynamic atmosphere simulation....

I'm expecting "exciting new font for the GUI". 😋🤭

Heart Smile GIF

• Like 6

12 hours ago, giullep said:

Do you have any speculations or idea? What will it comes? What implementations will come?

DLSS and multithreading finally!!! :yay:

Solution for performance bug of FLAT shadows as well! :thumbsup:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ncbqpt94unoihgqc8wv

We've waited too long for this and I don't see any other option :holiday:.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I expect multithreading and shadows fix, DLSS would be a great surprise but i think that would happen with the release of Vulkan

• Like 2

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

9 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

Oh god... now Electronic Arts are getting involved?? Guess we'll be seeing micropayments in the update - $10 if you want to use that runway, $15 to fire that missile... 😅😉

oops wrong thread! lol i meant ED.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

From the Friday announcement I get it as neither multi-threading nor DLSS will be delivered this time. Anything else DON'T MATTER to me. This sim is brought to the point when any further toleration for the lack of performance should be considered as a debt that ED is owing to all of us, especially those who owns every single module/terrain.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

It doesn't necessarily mean that, but it's not a good sign, either. Of course, maybe it's just that ED doesn't want to promise that, just in case they found out at the last minute that they couldn't make it. It's not pretty when that happens. We'll see in a few days, hopefully.

That said, the general lack of delays so far implies it's not that big after all. It's rather hard to believe something that big going so smoothly for this long.

• Like 1

There's many things pending, like new ground units, re-skin of the B52, flight model updates and data cartridges' also lighting improvements across all maps, etc, as well as bug fixes. However, Vulkan is the most anticipated update. Hopefully something will be added, other than bug fixes and campaigns. 

Edited by antiload
Updated
  • Like 1

Hopefully the ground AI get an update, that would be most welcome compared to the turkey shoot we have now.

A lot has been promised for 2023 and beyond, we are 2 months in to 2023 with not much happening so far as shown in the current state of the last few news letters with lack of on going information on development of the said promised items.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

It will be just a regular update, I don´t know why some people believe it will be a special one🤔

Because they set a date with more than a month in advance, last time they did something like, if i remember correctly, was with the 2.7 launch with new clouds, they announce the patchs same day as release

• Like 2

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

That, and the date in question was over a month after the previous update. This is an unusual amount of time between patches. Also notably, they skipped the monthly patch in February The January one was in the middle of the month, and now we're getting it in March at the earliest. This suggest there's more than just a highly anticipated campaign coming out.

• Like 2