march beta update

giullep

Hi @SkateZilla,
The roadmap newsletter created high expectation (for me) on what to expect this year.
Setting forward release dates creates issues with expectation management. But, you don't have to.

Given the feedback here i suggest:
- release features when they are ready instead of making monthly promises (with all the risks)
- increase the release frequency as every feature is a win for those waiting for it.

1 hour ago, dutchili said:

Hi @SkateZilla,
The roadmap newsletter created high expectation (for me) on what to expect this year.
Setting forward release dates creates issues with expectation management. But, you don't have to.

- release features when they are ready instead of making monthly promises (with all the risks)
- increase the release frequency as every feature is a win for those waiting for it.

The Release Frequency was decreased based on feedback and analysis.
ED went to slower Release schedule to allow more testing of builds, I doubt the release frequency does a 180 and goes back to rapid fire releases.

Where was any specific feature promised to be released "This Month"? I don't see any newsletter that says Coming in March, Coming in April, Coming in July.

44 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Deephack's DCS podcast on Saturday was talking about Normandy 2 probably being in the update. 

Sounds good to me. 😀

Speculation, Considering it's not even up for Preorder yet

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1 hour ago, dutchili said:

Hi @SkateZilla,

Something missing them?

Please read the details below and note that these are the items that we will be working on in 2023 and not necessarily planned to be released in 2023. Make sure to watch the 2023 AND BEYOND video. Enjoy!

8 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

It was delayed because it wasn't ready, the Specifics on what wasn't ready doesn't matter. It wasn't ready, it was delayed.

If you want specifics as to what delays software, then you need to prepare to be disappointed because most major developers don't share specifics on pre-release software code issues, and the one's that do usually regret it (cough 343, cough cough)....

It's the nature of the beast,

The Communication is there, but specifics are usually only communicated internally due to the nature of the beast....

When too much laundry is air out, the community goes nuts (again.. cough...343... cough).

I genuinely appreciate you giving a blunt answer instead of beating around the bush. I do understand it's a process, and I literally do not understand anything beyond that, so I hope you can forgive me for prodding. Speaking of which, I am curious, does a lot of the closed beta testing involve testing things in large multiplayer environments? 

On 3/1/2023 at 5:12 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

The only time you overestimate is if you use "Scotty time" and pad your estimates excessively.

ah crap. i am looking for a google calc for warp 7 for 2 weeks straight. anyone have a link? 🙂 we could do warp 9 but that would cause excessive bug reports.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

On 3/4/2023 at 6:48 PM, Fropa said:

So back on January 27th, ED announced on the patch thread that the next update would be on March 1st. Then @BIGNEWY updated the thread to say, more or less, that "Yes there really isn't going to be a February patch update, the next one really is not going to hit until March 1st, please stop messaging me about it." Then March 1st came around, and we know the patch got delayed again. All I want to know is why has it been delayed? Especially after we went all of February without an update. I get that ED needs more time to test something, but what is it that needs more testing? I don't mind waiting for the next update, I just want to know what it is that I am waiting for. I hope that's not too much to ask...

Better late than buggy, we had a "VR" update that screwed Pico users, AMD released 3 drivers in two month that screwed our GPU performances, so if DCS come out with a good, solid update later than expected I'll be happier than what I saw lately.

I think they know that the latest updates weren't up to what can be expected from them, I don't think they want a repeat and @BIGNEWY is only doing his job, passing us the info he can when he can.

• Like 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

• ED Team

As I said in my patch status post, we need a little more time for this patch cycle, when we are ready we will give you all a new date. 

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

23 hours ago, SkateZilla said:

It was delayed because it wasn't ready, the Specifics on what wasn't ready doesn't matter.

I don't get why it's so hard to comprehend ...

Personally, whenever getting rid of code CRUFT and modernizing the core of a project is boasted I get all tingly, overflowing with patience 😉 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bucic said:

I don't get why it's so hard to comprehend ...

Personally, whenever getting rid of code CRUFT and modernizing the core of a project is boasted I get all tingly, overflowing with patience 😉 

Dev dropped his PB and J sandwich on his keyboard and causes a Sugar Rush in the DCS Core Engine resulting in a Glitch...

Vanellopewirdisney.webp

• Like 3

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

For those interested, we have a few solutions for low specs PCs and AMD users (due to drivers holding performances) HERE it should help a little, personally, I have now an excellent cockpit instruments and logos readability, not as much improvements in terms of terrain details and FPS but it's a start.

Here is the whole team at work, and Vanellope von Schweetz turns out to be one of the good guys...

png-clipart-fix-it-felix-vanellope-von-s

Edited by Thinder
  • Like 1

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

On 3/5/2023 at 9:13 PM, Thinder said:

Better late than buggy, we had a "VR" update that screwed Pico users, AMD released 3 drivers in two month that screwed our GPU performances, so if DCS come out with a good, solid update later than expected I'll be happier than what I saw lately.

I think they know that the latest updates weren't up to what can be expected from them, I don't think they want a repeat and @BIGNEWY is only doing his job, passing us the info he can when he can.

Please read and comprehend the entirety of my original post before replying to me. It'll save us all a lot of time. Thank you.

Good news!

Patch will be 10th of March!

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

6 minutes ago, zildac said:

"Subject to change" 😉

don't take away hope :music_whistling:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 minute ago, YoYo said:

don't take away hope :music_whistling:

😄

6 minutes ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Hold up , that was posted Tuesday? It's the first reference I’ve seen to it!

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

3 minutes ago, zildac said:

Hold up , that was posted Tuesday? It's the first reference I’ve seen to it!

Posts can be made invisible to normal forum users. This allows ED to edit/add/remove stuff posted there until everyone is happy with its content. This is done all the time, most often with the weekly newsletter.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

1 minute ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Posts can be made invisible to normal forum users. This allows ED to edit/add/remove stuff posted there until everyone is happy with its content. This is done all the time, most often with the weekly newsletter.

Gotcha, and that explains why everyone wasn't having a mad fit over the info 👍

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

19 hours ago, Thinder said:

Do I have to apologize for agreeing/support with what you say too? You need a tranquilizer shot...

There is no need for your toxicity. I have reported your post to the moderators. Have a wonderful day.