Future F-16 tape upgrade.

Furiz

F-16 upgrade?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like F-16 to get an upgrade?

• Yes.
    • No.

If it would be possible in the future, like with the A10 and Black Shark upgrades, I'd love to see Tape upgrade to for the F-16, which would bring more capabilities. Off course paid upgrade.

M5.1 tape

• Integration of capability for stand-off weapons (AGM-154)
  • Introduction of more advanced A/G weapons (EGBU-12)
  • Introduction of advanced Stores Management System and Joint Mission Planning System
  • Introduction of an improved GPS/INS system (more accurate and jamming proof)
  • Introduction of new Link-16 message standards to improve interoperability between different aircraft types
  • Installation of AN/ARC-210 VHF radios to enable radio contact with FAC’s on the ground

M5.2 tape

• "Clean-up" tape (intended as correction to imperfections found in earlier phases)

Maybe even M6 tape.

M6 tape

M6.1 tape

• Improved IFF system (Mode 5 waveform with better distinction between friendly and enemy aircraft)
  • Introduction of AIM-120D missile (two-way datalink, improved navigation and High-Angle Off-Boresight capabilities, a doubled range)
  • Introduction of more advanced A/G weapons (GBU-39 SDB, GBU-54 LJDAM)
  • Integration of improved Link-16 functions with net-centric capability
  • Integration of a new Universal Armament Interface to standardize communication between the aircraft and the weapons, illuminating the need for new OPF tapes with every new weapon system

M6.2 tape

• "Clean-up" tape (intended as correction to imperfections found in earlier phases)
  • Included minor updates like Auto GCAS capability nearly eliminating Controlled Flight Into Terrain (CFIT) accidents, a leading cause of F-16 loss of pilot and aircraft accidents.

Edited by Furiz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Killshot0597 said:

Maybe some years after the Viper module is done, I wouldn't mind even for a small paid upgrade to the module that increases the tape to cover more modern weapons.

Yes, added paid upgrade off course.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Just to make it clear this is not planned. 

Any feature requires public accessible data.

Our viper is an F-16CM Block 50, roughly M4.2+, operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

thank you 

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Apart from not exactly fitting with DCS, I wouldn't say no if it was feasible, despite not being my first choice should a new F-16 variant be considered. 

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F-4E, Mi-24P, AJS 37, AV-8B N/A, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Just to make it clear this is not planned. 

Any feature requires public accessible data.

Our viper is an F-16CM Block 50, roughly M4.2+, operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

thank you 

Off course, this is just a wish,

and that's why I said if it would be possible in the future 😉

2 hours ago, janitha2 said:

Any thing new really, right now F16s load out gets boring quite quickly. I would like to see a F16A or a Blk40 or a tape upgrade.

Personally I dont really agree with boring weapon loadout, however, since most of the weapons currently have some annoying bug to them or a system related to its use, it‘s somewhat frustrating to use / fly. And that‘s what gets boring for me. 

• Like 5

Honestly, there are a lot of other F-16 variants you could model that aren't classified and that also won't be much work at all to implement. The good thing about the F-16 Block 40 and later blocks is that they all have pretty much the exact same software and avionics. ED could model a pre-CCIP Block 40 from the 1990-ish which also would give us a pre-CCIP Block 50 and a post-CCIP Block 40 for no extra work as all their systems are already modelled. With some minor changes to the external and engine model you could plop in a PW engine and you have the Block 42 and 52 as well. And with all these variants, you could even make a export HAF F-16C Block 50 or 50+ with conformal fuel tanks with very little added work. So basically, simply modelling the extra systems of a pre-CCIP Block 40 and a HAF Block 52+ this would allow us to simulate pretty much every F-16C 40/42/50/52/52+ operator on the entire earth from 1990 onwards to our current F-16CM-50 circa 2007 except when it comes to drag chutes and certain export weaponry. I think people would be very happy to pay even more than what the A-10C II upgrade cost for this as a single, huge upgrade package, and the workload for ED to actually implement this would be relatively small in comparison to what we get in the end.

It would be interesting also to see a poll on how many of us would be interested in a F-16D. I sure know me and my community would be very interested in that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante