Please restore axis controls for volume and lighting

Currently the controls setup page only has axis setup options for flight controls and camera controls, all other control options have disappeared. 

PS- There are some very helpful people in the community who are happy to explain how to edit lua files to fix this problem.  Feel free to post that advice but it should not be marked as a solution.  I'm pretty sure ED will automatically ignore bug reports with a green check next to them, and a workaround that makes the community go file-diving is not the same as a solution.  Cheers

Edited by ScAvenger001

I checked in Open Beta and all the axis command lines are there as far as I can see. See attached screen shot.
These are the same lines as in the stable release which has not changed for a long time.

II-Axis_Comds.JPG
What lines are you missing? Please post a screen shot of the page!

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Image attached.  As you can see, all volume and lighting controls are missing besides flashlight brightness.

I got a new computer around the new year and had to reinstall everything, do you suppose that's a factor?  Perhaps you inherited a complete version of the file that the current installer gets wrong?

I'm using the multithreaded open beta version of DCS. 

I'm pretty sure it's not purely on my end since I'm not the only person to have had this problem.  I'm reopening the issue since that was marked as solved.

a10controls.png

Edited by ScAvenger001

I have to apologize:
The reason why I have these axis commands is that I have added them to "default.lua". The stock file does not have them, and the reason I have added them a long time ago is that the stock file didn't include them at the time. And I doubt that it ever did. If you want to wait for ED to make the addition you might need a huge amount of patience. I suspect it's a low priority because few people have axis input devices to spare. If you want to make the addition, here are the lines of LUA code i added:

{action = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Engine Instruments Lights Axis')},
{action = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Flight Instruments Lights Axis')},
{action = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Auxiliary Instruments Lights Axis')},
{action = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Flood Light Axis')},
{action = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Console Light Axis')},
{action = 3011, cockpit_device_id = 54, name = _('UHF Radio Volume Axis')},
{action = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 55, name = _('VHF AM Radio Volume Axis')},
{action = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 56, name = _('VHF FM Radio Volume Axis')},
{action = 3013, cockpit_device_id = 38, name = _('Yaw Trim Knob Axis')},

This post is obviously not a solution, just a work-around.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2023 at 1:57 AM, LeCuvier said:

I have to apologize:
The reason why I have these axis commands is that I have added them to "default.lua". The stock file does not have them, and the reason I have added them a long time ago is that the stock file didn't include them at the time. And I doubt that it ever did. If you want to wait for ED to make the addition you might need a huge amount of patience. I suspect it's a low priority because few people have axis input devices to spare. If you want to make the addition, here are the lines of LUA code i added:

{action = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Engine Instruments Lights Axis')},
{action = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Flight Instruments Lights Axis')},
{action = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Auxiliary Instruments Lights Axis')},
{action = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Flood Light Axis')},
{action = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 49, name = _('Console Light Axis')},
{action = 3011, cockpit_device_id = 54, name = _('UHF Radio Volume Axis')},
{action = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 55, name = _('VHF AM Radio Volume Axis')},
{action = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 56, name = _('VHF FM Radio Volume Axis')},
{action = 3013, cockpit_device_id = 38, name = _('Yaw Trim Knob Axis')},

This post is obviously not a solution, just a work-around.

This is pure genius.  How do you know the values?  Action and device ID in particular, I'm assuming the name comes from tooltips?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Raisuli said:

This is pure genius.  How do you know the values?  Action and device ID in particular, I'm assuming the name comes from tooltips?

Not genius, just learning from others and a bit of reverse engineering. I documented what I learned; the document is in this post: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270080-lua-editing-for-additional-key-binds-tutorial-no-discussion-here-please/#elControls_4646929_menu

• Like 1

LeCuvier

• 1 month later...

Bought the Tankkiller in the actual sale and i have to admit that i am more then disppointed in way of keaybinding possibilities. 

I mean: Come on. Give us axis for lightnig, volume, etc. What for i invested my money in good hardware stuff?

Even there is no possibility to add Power TGP or Anti Skit switches to 2-way switches. There only "on/off" possibilities. Give uns even an "on" and an "off" ....thats redicolous like in the Shark

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

Way to go! I imagine devs and knowledgeable forum members can't wait to help you, seeing how nicely you asked.

6 hours ago, Eisprinzessin said:

What for i invested my money in good hardware stuff?

Maybe next time, you'll ask that question in advance.

The TM Warthog was released in coordination with Eagle Dynamics and was the first controller with a near-perfect set of default keybinds for DCS, at least that I'm aware of. As far as I can tell, ED sometimes push new keybinds for newer controllers once these show up on the market and players start to use them in sufficient numbers. For this to work ED need to have these controllers themselves, or at least the person to come up with the new keybinds.

Of course cockpit-builders have had to find solutions to problems like missing keybinds for basically ever. Some new DCS modules come with insane amounts of keybinds for almost every perceivable setting and combo, and even then some keybinds are still missing because some odd hardware would really benefit from something that 99.9% of players don't need.

So, in order to get new keybinds and axis commands added by default, ED and the third parties need to be aware that there's a demand.

As you can see above in this thread, a lot can be achieved by manipulating input files in order to tailor-fit the input config to one's individual hardware. Especially when you opt for relatively new and expensive hardware, chances are you'll have to dive into these kinds of details because no one has done it for you yet. There are definitely people here on the forum who can help you with that - whether or not they are happy to invest their own spare time remains to be seen.

When sufficient demand has been determined, there's still no guarantee for an update on the DCS side, or it may take a very long time. After all, it may be a priority for only a very small number of people and resources might be prioritized accordingly.

Long story short, if you actually asked for help, chances are you'll find it.

35 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

...The TM Warthog was released in coordination with Eagle Dynamics and was the first controller with a near-perfect set of default keybinds for DCS, at least that I'm aware of.

This is true for the limited number of A-10C commands that are represented by switches/buttons on the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick. For many other commands there are only the ON/OFF toggle bindings that don't work with maintained switches.. I have therefore created a lot of additional bindings and published them in this thread https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270080-lua-editing-for-additional-key-binds-tutorial-no-discussion-here-please/#elControls_4691602_menu

ED could just copy these and add them to "default.lua" but they don't seem to be interested. The disadvantage of adding these bindings oneself is that they disappear in the process of update or repair. So you have to use a mod manager like OvGME or manage the backup/restore manually..
The only module that has seen a large number of additions based on what the user community provided, is the AJS37 (Viggen).

• Like 2

LeCuvier

12 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

The disadvantage of adding these bindings oneself is that they disappear in the process of update or repair. So you have to use a mod manager like OvGME or manage the backup/restore manually..

Indeed. There are a couple of 2- and 3-position keybinds that I've added myself for a handful of modules; maintaining these via OVGME is simple enough, but the flipside is I always overwrite the original keybinds after every update when I activate my mod again, so there's a certain risk I'll miss out on updated defaults. If it was possible to add personal keybinds in Saved Games, we'd be a good step forward. In fact that would make it relatively simple for people to maintain a repository for addon-keybinds and somewhat take the heat off ED and the 3rd parties.

But I also agree there's practically no downside to having all of these options available by default to cater to most everyone's needs.

Edited by Yurgon

2 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

This is true for the limited number of A-10C commands that are represented by switches/buttons on the Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick. For many other commands there are only the ON/OFF toggle bindings that don't work with maintained switches.. I have therefore created a lot of additional bindings and published them in this thread https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270080-lua-editing-for-additional-key-binds-tutorial-no-discussion-here-please/#elControls_4691602_menu

ED could just copy these and add them to "default.lua" but they don't seem to be interested. The disadvantage of adding these bindings oneself is that they disappear in the process of update or repair. So you have to use a mod manager like OvGME or manage the backup/restore manually..
The only module that has seen a large number of additions based on what the user community provided, is the AJS37 (Viggen).

I've seen other third party developers willing to add bindings as well.  To their credit I've seen ED add bindings in the last five years; I think three, so just under a binding a year if you are persistent with them...  🙂

I have around 300 controls, so I expect ED to add the bindings I'd like in about a millennia.  Per aircraft.  I'm pretty patient, but not that patient, so I do LeCuvier's thing and add them myself.  The A-10 is going to be a BIG project and I've been putting it off, which means I don't fly it much.  I could set up DCSBios, but there are valid technical reasons why I don't.  The biggest being DCSBios doesn't know what plane you're flying, and can't change a control based on that.

I use Notepad++ and just re-over-write the luas on every update.  I also have records of what changes go where, but it's a pain in the butt.  If ED would do one thing for those of us with too much hardware it would be to leave those files alone on updates unless ED has actually updated something.

Still, DCS is only a game; you don't have to look hard to see what a real problem look like.

• Like 1

Here's the extra binds I have available in the keybinds project for the A-10, including lighting and volume controls. No need to be adding them yourself.

https://github.com/Munkwolf/dcs-community-keybinds/blob/main/InputCommands/A-10C_2/Input/A-10C_2/joystick/default.lua

Note that the commands the lighting controls hook into work as half an axis - to use the full range of your axis you have to use axis tune and change the saturation. Here's an example: https://imgur.com/gallery/Bv8KH23

Files are formatted for use with Quaggles Input Command Injector Mod - where you place custom binds in your saved games folder so they persist across DCS updates:

https://github.com/Quaggles/dcs-input-command-injector

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

If it was possible to add personal keybinds in Saved Games, we'd be a good step forward. In fact that would make it relatively simple for people to maintain a repository for addon-keybinds and somewhat take the heat off ED and the 3rd parties.

That's exactly what Quaggles mod and the Community Keybinds project I linked to above do 🙂 HB included the Viggen keybinds from the Community Keybinds in a recent update (and I'll be removing the Viggen binds from the Community Keybinds once that update is released to stable branch)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

I use Notepad++ and just re-over-write the luas on every update.  I also have records of what changes go where, but it's a pain in the butt.  If ED would do one thing for those of us with too much hardware it would be to leave those files alone on updates unless ED has actually updated something.

Ooof, maybe use OvGME to remove and replace the luas with each update? 🙂

6 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Ooof, maybe use OvGME to remove and replace the luas with each update? 🙂

4 minutes ago, Munkwolf said:

or use Quaggles mod and not have to do anything as part of each update..

Not a fan.  I have one mod (Community A4C) installed.  Mod managers proved to be more trouble than I like and Quaggles is a mod to do what I'm already doing in a different way; in either case a script is required, and I really do have something like 368 individual controls.  LeCuvier's additions are a fraction of what I need, and if I remember correctly they're mostly on/ff and I need separate controls for each.

Since ED has gone to a release a month, if that, I just look at the notes and decide if it's worth the trouble.  The lack of bindings, the inconsistency between modules for how those bindings are implemented, and the fragility of the binding management files is huge reason I don't fly more modules than I do.  It takes about an hour to configure an aircraft once I have the bindings, and if something goofy happens with USB addresses all that goes away in and instant and I can start over from scratch.

In the end ED is letting other people cobble band-aids for problems they don't consider important enough to solve.  That's certainly their prerogative.  It is a little disappointing that the F/A-18 had about 90% of the binding already done, and the A-10C II has about 10%.  Between them I have a whole aircraft!

After all, this is a game.  About the time I get frustrated I try to remember that  🙂

13 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Not a fan.  I have one mod (Community A4C) installed.  Mod managers proved to be more trouble than I like and Quaggles is a mod to do what I'm already doing in a different way; in either case a script is required, and I really do have something like 368 individual controls.  LeCuvier's additions are a fraction of what I need, and if I remember correctly they're mostly on/ff and I need separate controls for each.

Since ED has gone to a release a month, if that, I just look at the notes and decide if it's worth the trouble.  The lack of bindings, the inconsistency between modules for how those bindings are implemented, and the fragility of the binding management files is huge reason I don't fly more modules than I do.  It takes about an hour to configure an aircraft once I have the bindings, and if something goofy happens with USB addresses all that goes away in and instant and I can start over from scratch.

In the end ED is letting other people cobble band-aids for problems they don't consider important enough to solve.  That's certainly their prerogative.  It is a little disappointing that the F/A-18 had about 90% of the binding already done, and the A-10C II has about 10%.  Between them I have a whole aircraft!

After all, this is a game.  About the time I get frustrated I try to remember that  🙂

Ok, if you want to do it the hard way go ahead and do your thing 🙂

I started the community keybinds project to share all the keybinds I've found useful. I've got over a thousand controls on my simrig, and I like having lots of options to use all of them to the fullest. Seemed like what you were looking for.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Not a fan.  I have one mod (Community A4C) installed.  Mod managers proved to be more trouble than I like and Quaggles is a mod to do what I'm already doing in a different way; in either case a script is required, and I really do have something like 368 individual controls.  

I was specifically talking only about changing lua's.  I use it for some random lua changes, and it's nice just to be able to quickly disable them before and update and reenable them after with just a couple clicks. I guess everyone's idea of difficult is a little different? 🤔

1 hour ago, Munkwolf said:

That's exactly what Quaggles mod and the Community Keybinds project I linked to above do 🙂

Oh wow, that's an amazing service to the community! I think I actually read about it once but then forgot it again.

Thanks a lot for your hard work! 👍

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Munkwolf said:

Ok, if you want to do it the hard way go ahead and do your thing 🙂

I started the community keybinds project to share all the keybinds I've found useful. I've got over a thousand controls on my simrig, and I like having lots of options to use all of them to the fullest. Seemed like what you were looking for.

Alright, fine!  You've made it impossible not to take another look!  🙃

But first, since Cairo International Airport has shut down operations and cleared out all their equipment so I have a place to lean how to fly the AH-64 I should go crash fly one while the opportunity is there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

Alright, fine!  You've made it impossible not to take another look!  🙃

But first, since Cairo International Airport has shut down operations and cleared out all their equipment so I have a place to lean how to fly the AH-64 I should go crash fly one while the opportunity is there.

Haha 🙂 Success!

One advantage of Quaggles mod vs manually doing them is how it appends the custom keybinds to to official file - it's not an overwrite. So if/when modules do get keybinds updated, you don't have to update any of your custom lua files. And if the same input/command of the custom keybind gets added, then Quaggles mod just doesn't include it - no duplicate binds if it's the same command.

and I need separate controls for each.

Also, for that, I've tried to add as many of those as I can in the community keybinds. Sometimes it's not possible based on how the module was built. But I've gone through each command in the lua for almost every module (haven't done MB-339 or F-15E yet) and added as much as I can, even if the instrument is non-functional (original goal for project was if it's clickable it should be bindable). Even if you don't use Quaggles you could copy-paste from the keybinds project into your own lua files.

Like these snippets from A-10C for the video controls and IFF:

-- DVADR

{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 73, value_down = 0, name = _('Video Selector Switch HUD'), category = {_('Custom'), _('DVADR Remote Control Panel')}},
{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 73, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Video Selector Switch Off'), category = {_('Custom'), _('DVADR Remote Control Panel')}},
{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 73, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Video Selector Switch TVM'), category = {_('Custom'), _('DVADR Remote Control Panel')}},

-- IFF

{down = 3008, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Master Dial Off'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3008, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Master Dial Standby'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3008, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Master Dial Low'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3008, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Master Dial Normal'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3008, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Master Dial Emergency'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3007, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('Code Dial Decrease'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3007, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, name = _('Code Dial Increase'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3009, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, name = _('Audio/light Audio'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3009, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Audio/light Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3009, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('Audio/light Light'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3017, up = 3017, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('Reply Button'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3018, up = 3018, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('Test Button'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3010, up = 3010, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('M-1 Test'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3010, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('M-1 On'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3010, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('M-1 Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3011, up = 3011, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('M-2 Test'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3011, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('M-2 On'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3011, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('M-2 Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3012, up = 3012, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('M-3A Test'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3012, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('M-3A On'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3012, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('M-3A Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3013, up = 3013, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('M-C Test'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3013, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('M-C On'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3013, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('M-C Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3014, up = 3014, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('RAD Test/Mon Test'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3014, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('RAD Test/Mon Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3014, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('RAD Test/Mon Mon'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3015, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, name = _('Ident/Mic Ident'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3015, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Ident/Mic Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3015, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = -1, name = _('Ident/Mic Mic'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3016, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 1, name = _('IFF On/Out On'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3016, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('IFF On/Out Out'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 0'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 1'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 2'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 3'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 4'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.5, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 5'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.6, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 6'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3001, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.7, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 1 7'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 2 0'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 2 1'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 2 2'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Mode 1 Wheel 2 3'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 0'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 1'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 2'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 3'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 4'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.5, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 5'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.6, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 6'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.7, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 1 7'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 0'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 1'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 2'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 3'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 4'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.5, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 5'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.6, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 6'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.7, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 2 7'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 0'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 1'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 2'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 3'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 4'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.5, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 5'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.6, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 6'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.7, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 3 7'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 0'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.1, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 1'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.2, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 2'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.3, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 3'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.4, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 4'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.5, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 5'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.6, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 6'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},
{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 43, value_down = 0.7, name = _('Mode 3A Wheel 4 7'), category = {_('Custom'), _('IFF')}},

Edited by Munkwolf
  • Like 1

Oh wow, that's an amazing service to the community! I think I actually read about it once but then forgot it again.
Thanks a lot for your hard work!
I'm a super fan!
@Quaggles and @Munkwolf are heroes!
Amazing contributions from @LeCuvier as well.
Been using this from the start and Heatblur has added all the commands Munkwolf made for the F-14, and it seems Aviodev/Aerges will incorporate them for the C-101 and Mirage F1 as well.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

In the 20-Oct update to 2.9,0 ED has added most of the lighting axes:

-- Lighting dials
{action = device_commands.Button_21, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHT_SYSTEM, name = _('Engine Instruments Lights'), 	category = {_('Lighting Panel')}},
{action = device_commands.Button_22, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHT_SYSTEM, name = _('Flight Instruments Lights'), 	category = {_('Lighting Panel')}},
{action = device_commands.Button_23, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHT_SYSTEM, name = _('Floodlight '), 					category = {_('Lighting Panel')}},
{action = device_commands.Button_24, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHT_SYSTEM, name = _('Console Light'), 				category = {_('Lighting Panel')}},
{action = device_commands.Button_25, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHT_SYSTEM, name = _('Formation Lights'), 			category = {_('Lighting Panel')}},
{action = device_commands.Button_26, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHT_SYSTEM, name = _('Refuel status indexer LTS '),	category = {_('Auxiliary lighting control panel')}},

But, as far as I can see, they forgot Auxiliary Instruments Lights.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier