Patch Notes discussion 13th, 21st and 23rd April 2023

BIGNEWY

@BIGNEWY Above Link to Normandy 2.0 is invalid... If I go via shop I find the map. Owning both Channel and Normandy, it tells me 9.99 for Normandy 2 but also that I already have a license. So do I have to pay 9.99 for 2.0 or do I already own it?

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

world.removeJunk(volS)

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

Introduced a new map module DCS: Normandy 2.0

DCS World

• Fixed a core's layout on AMD processors like AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D (core group with lesser L3 cache size now used by IO pool only)
  • Scripting. Added world.removeJunk. Taking volume as first arg, returning amount of deleted objects.
    Volume 'declaration is same as for world.searchObjects.
    Usage: local volS = {id = world.VolumeType.SPHERE,params = {point = {x = -303780,y = 5,z = 629149},radius = 1000}}
    world.removeJunk(volS)
  • VR Mask in native OpenXR is upside down - fixed
  • F10 map. Draw function setMarkupTypeLine only works once in a mission - fixed
  • Crash on EagleFM - fixed
  • MP. User don't get any notification on connect to a full server - fixed
  • Weapons. Kh-29 missiles loft down after launch - fixed

DCS: Mi-24P by Eagle Dynamics

• Improved: List of targets detected by Petrovich now dynamically updated, user just need to place a point on ground for Petrovich AI to scan and to get updates there is no need to repeat it now, Petrovich should update target list in real time with IFF and new targets progress.
  • Improved: additional optimization of Petrovich AI routine for performance

is world.removeJunk(volS) doing what I think it is doing?

Fixed a core's layout on AMD processors like AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D (core group with lesser L3 cache size now used by IO pool only)

I am using 5800X3D, how would this affect me, if at all?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

13 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

So, not like I immediately went out to buy Normandy 2 or anything, but if I did there would be a warning I already have a license for it when I put it in the cart.

me too, @BIGNEWYis it ok to proceed, or should i wait for something to be "fixed"?

Edited by j9murphy

5 minutes ago, j9murphy said:

me too, @BIGNEWYis it ok to proceed, or should i wait for something to be "fixed"?

I guess it's because Normandy is an update to the non available any more Normandy 1944

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11

A tad confusing. Why do I still have the option to buy? The others say "bought"
Do I have it, or do I need to buy it?
null

image.png

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

6 minutes ago, Moxica said:

A tad confusing. Why do I still have the option to buy? The others say "bought"
Do I have it, or do I need to buy it?

Yes you do to get the upgrade for the high res version of the extended map

The confusion is that it is an upgrade not a new module, so the DCS shop recognises you already have the Normandy map, even though you don't have the upgrade. You are getting teh upgrade at a discount for owning the current map(s)

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

2 minutes ago, Raisuli said:

I tried that and the new campaign shows up in module manager, but not Normandy 2.

I think they need to convert the campaigns to run on N2 ..

to check if you actually got N2, just launch mission Editor, load Normandy, and look at the map. If you see London/Paris then you have N2.

1 minute ago, peachmonkey said:

to check if you actually got N2, just launch mission Editor, load Normandy, and look at the map. If you see London/Paris then you have N2.

I was under the impression everyone with Normandy gets Normandy 1.5, which covers the same space.  I might well have 2, just no way to confirm that; I know the little hunting lodge southwest of Paris has been bulldozed and replaced with cottages, though.  Haven't 'flown' over anything to check level of detail.  Actually I'll 'drive' though Paris.  At least the traffic will be manageable!

Then again, lots of new things happening; might take a bit to chase all the bugs that always accompany new things.  Certainly not the end of the world if that takes a few days.

3 minutes ago, peachmonkey said:

Owners of N1 will get upgraded to have London & Paris for free - but at low res. N2 gives you the high res version of the whole map.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

1 hour ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

I am using 5800X3D, how would this affect me, if at all?

Sorry, anyone?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

image.png

Awful addition. The beasty 20mm shots now sound like 2-3x weaker than before... 😥

• Like 1
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Just now, Raisuli said:

I might well have 2, just no way to confirm that;

If Big Ben is blurry you don't, if it is high res you do!

1 minute ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Sorry, anyone?

I don't think it will impact 5800X3D users, just the new chips with the split CCDs

• Thanks 1

Okay, thanks.

OMG it is gorgeous gang. And I was really pleased to see perfomance in VR with my Aero stayed pretty much the same.

Incredible job Ugra and ED!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

15 minutes ago, Baldrick33 said:

If Big Ben is blurry you don't, if it is high res you do!

I have conformed a few things:

1. This map is unbelievable.  Ugra is the Heatblur of maps, and they did a jaw-dropping job on this one!  Everyone else is going to scramble to live up to the standards they just set. Relly look forward to Sinai.

2. The Elizabeth tower is high-res

3. Big Ben is not modeled.  Nor is that amazing hammer-beam ceiling in Westminster, nor is Issac Newton's tomb (for that matter there's grass growing in a choir).  I didn't expect to see County Hall or the Eye, or any of the other eye-sores that have become London's skyline.  The traffic isn't horrible, either! 

4. The terrain will distract from flying.  In TheSimThatShalNotBeNamed2020 they brag about their terrain, this is better, if more restricted.