F14 VR - VDI screen not usable in MT Version

westr

On 10/28/2023 at 4:43 AM, DustyR said:

This has been occurring for me 100% of the time.   I have only tested in single player single threading.  Restarting does nothing.  I noticed after the initial 2.9 update and it persists with the most recent 2.9 "patch". 

That's interesting 🤔 I was under the impression the common factor for the few people encountering this issue was multithreaded DCS.

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I only found out about this bug today from reading yesterday's beta update post.  I will say that I run MT and have not ever had this TCS experience, even before yesterday's patch, or the others, to the extent that I wasn't even aware there was a bug reported.  I fly SP, MP, and Campaign and have not had any issues.  I fly the Steam version.  So I guess I fall into HB's boat where I can't reproduce it.

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here.

For example the Lantirn instant action mission over Falklands. If you escape the mission and then choose refly it works fine. Also in ST it works fine.

So easy to reproduce on my rig… The developers really need to look into this.

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

On 11/17/2023 at 10:28 AM, gyrovague said:

That's interesting 🤔 I was under the impression the common factor for the few people encountering this issue was multithreaded DCS.

I only have the problem in MT. Happens every time and on all maps I have tried. Can quit mission and select Refly. Then it’s ok. In ST it works fine.

Hope you can figure this out soon!

HW: Intel i5 13600K, 64Gb DDR5, RTX 4090, Winwing Orion 2 HOTAS, TM TPR rudderpedals, Pico 4 VR+VirtualDesktop (VDXR), Win11
DCS: F-5, F-86, F-16, F-15E, FA-18, F-14, Harrier, Viggen, M-2000C, A-10C, AH-64, UH-1, Mi-8, Mi-24, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mig-21, P-47, P-51, Spitfire, Mosquito, Bf-109, Fw-190A, Fw-190D, Yak-52, C101, all maps & tech, SuperCarrier

Known bug - pilot TCS/LANTIRN display is not working correctly in first mission in session when using VR and MT.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I find quite strange that the patch is not released. It was supposed to have been ready since October. 

Edited by Joe1978
  • Like 1

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

It isn't fixed in the latest update.

In MT VR, screen is often black. As someone above pointed out, quitting the mission, and clicking "fly again" fixes it!

PS: this also affects LANTIRN when it happens. The pilot's screen will be solid green, and nothing is visible.

Edited by PawlaczGMD

Again not fixed. 

Am 4.10.2023 um 08:26 schrieb gyrovague:

potential fix has been submitted -- nobody on our team has been able to reproduce this error, but we spotted a way in which it might be able to happen. Note that it could take up to 4-6 weeks for this to become available in openbeta, keep an eye on the DCS F-14 release notes for this issue.

2 month now ... where is this fix ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just noticed this issue myself and I've tried multiple way's to fix it with no joy. I didn't have the black VDI TV screen before the latest patch where they merged both stable and open beta versions. Changing the contrast just makes the screen bright green or black.

I'm on MT in VR. I can't visually identify friend or foe anymore or see ground targets when doing ground attacks.

This doesn't give me much confidence about the upcoming F4 Phantom, that I was looking forward to when this bug effectively breaks the F-14 for me in multiplayer and a lot of single player missions as it is such an important tool for me.

Screenshot_10-3-2024_161159_www.youtube.com.jpeg

British Dragon - Simulation Based Training 2 - YouTube

Call sign: Wiltshire 1-2 | Dragon

AKA British Dragon

On 3/10/2024 at 5:09 PM, British_Dragon_14 said:

I've tried multiple way's to fix it with no joy.

There's no fix but there is a workaround told in this very thread. Just load a mission, exit and load it again. Check the TCS while starting the aircraft. Better now than find out about it in the hot zone.

Unfortunately HB can't reproduce and fix the bug.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria