The good and bad with todays patch

Hotdognz

The new FM is lovely she is a joy to fly again, George can hold a hover, and we got 1200 rounds of ammo.

The bad the IAT Auto bug is a really bad bug to slip though testing, there will be a lot of players who wont even see the fix for this so the TADS works and will just consider the Apache broken, one you know what to do than its back to normal.

IAT bug and work around
So with the Apache when you start it up you will notice that the TADS is scanning the area, you try to tell George to lock on to a target and he wont, you jump in the front seat and hit TADS on the LH grip and the TADS is still scanning and, you cant control it.

To fix this you need to at some point jump in to the front seat and on the LH Grip put the IAT switch upper right to O = Off.

The bug is the Apache starts with it in Auto mode (4 bar scan) and George does not switch it to off, you need to do this for him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team
11 minutes ago, Hotdognz said:

The bad the IAT Auto bug is a really bad bug to slip though testing

This only occurs during an auto-start sequence, which is why it was missed. If anyone finds other instances in which the LST switch is moved to the Auto or Man positions without player deliberately setting it to those positions, please report it in the Bugs section of the AH-64D forum.

• Like 5

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I did a cold start this morning and ran into this issue (laser tracker was in auto and I had no control over the TADS). For context I run both seats. All I had to do was set the laser tracker mode switch to off.

Edited by wired521
  • Like 2

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, wired521 said:

I did a cold start this morning and ran into this issue (laser tracker was in auto and I had no control over the TADS).

Yep, this has been reported. It is happening during manual start sequences and auto-start sequences. George is switching it to AUTO during his start-up checklist. It's been reported.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

8 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Yep, this has been reported. It is happening during manual start sequences and auto-start sequences. George is switching it to AUTO during his start-up checklist. It's been reported.

Cool - love the updates to SCAS (and the FM in general). Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, Hotdognz said:

IAT bug and work around
So with the Apache when you start it up you will notice that the TADS is scanning the area, you try to tell George to lock on to a target and he wont, you jump in the front seat and hit TADS on the LH grip and the TADS is still scanning and, you cant control it.

To fix this you need to at some point jump in to the front seat and on the LH Grip put the IAT switch upper right to O = Off.

The bug is the Apache starts with it in Auto mode (4 bar scan) and George does not switch it to off, you need to do this for him.

OMG I just tried it and was going fn mad with it... Thanks!

Thanks so much guys - i still have the problem the rf-missiles mostly hit some yards behind the target. Anyone with this problem too?

edit: Scratch RF-missiles. All Hellfires hit long now for me.

Edited by thodre

34 minutes ago, thodre said:

Thanks so much guys - i still have the problem the rf-missiles mostly hit some yards behind the target. Anyone with this problem too?

edit: Scratch RF-missiles. All Hellfires hit long now for me.

Works ok if I am in front seat. But George now misses half his shots.

35 minutes ago, Poptart said:

George misses majority of RF shots for me also.

Been testing and I've gotten George to hit more consistently if my speed is at or near a hover.  Get to speed, though, and he starts missing left and right.  Wonder if others are seeing this also.  

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CaptJodan said:

Been testing and I've gotten George to hit more consistently if my speed is at or near a hover.  Get to speed, though, and he starts missing left and right.  Wonder if others are seeing this also.  

🤔 That's the explanation, I was doing sp mission and let Georg to the hoovering and I took the shots, worked perfectly...so I was ready for some MP action, I did the flying, no hoovering, and George the shooting...missed almost every shot🤷🏻‍♂️ so I guess I need to try hoovering. 

|AMD 7800x3D | 64GB DDR5-3600| GTX 4090 | Virpil Stick, Collectiv, WW MIP, WW Throttle, MFG Crosswind V2 | Windows 11 64-bit | SSD Samsung | 4K LG Oled 48 | Oculus Q3 | Simlab based Cockpit

i just finished palying nearly 4 hours on rotorheads, i can confirm george is realy bad with the RF hellfires, my guess is he starts lasing before he has the TADS propperly over the enemy, i can confrim tho that taking over the CPG i can still hit targets flawlessly even going 120kn with george flying 

i always had issues with gorge just not beeing that good, even with the laser hellfires, i just wish he could use IAT, my solution to fix his current behavior would be make him slew over target -> IAT -> Lase -> Fire 

so TLDR, the missiles are fine, george is not

• Like 1

Been loving this version a lot, but George has been falling out of the air un-pleasantly many times.
He seem to be in love, drunk, or depressed. Distracted anyways..
"Get it together, George!"

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

7 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

What is the fix when spooled and hot to trot?

I have no experience in the CPG seat. I gotta switch what off now?

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb placsea:

Changes to the FM seem good, the reliability of the lima on the other hand not so good.

it should always be mentioned here with who fired the lima, did you or george shoot? that currently makes a difference.
used correctly, i think the lima even seems very reliable

1 minute ago, Hobel said:

it should always be mentioned here with who fired the lima, did you or george shoot? that currently makes a difference.
used correctly, i think the lima even seems very reliable

Just flew as pilot and let George shoot - at very slow speeds (like 17 mph) he scored hits every time. Seems you cant run in with the Lima like with the Kilo.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Ian Boys UK:

Just flew as pilot and let George shoot - at very slow speeds (like 17 mph) he scored hits every time. Seems you cant run in with the Lima like with the Kilo.

that has then probably rather something to do with George

Keep an eye on his laser tagging and if it doesn't look like he had a good track on the target, wait til he is stable on the target, cycle to No Weapon, then back to Missiles.  This will force him to lase again and get a good track for the Lima HF.