Wo hoo!

Harlikwin

First post and all that.

Super excited for this module. 

• Like 7

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yep, finally it is as incoming official module 👍.

Welcome in TWO WEEKS World. :yay:

• Like 2

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

43 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Yep, finally it is as incoming official module 👍.

Welcome in TWO WEEKS World. :yay:

It looks decently far along modeling wise, and its a simple enough A/C so lets hope its out quick. 

• Like 2

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The model we have seen looks much better than the one we saw previously. We also saw some pretty good cockpit work. So, in otherwords

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Everything I've heard from their website and Facebook from them has made it seem like they weren't even going to ask ED for 3rd party status until they had a pretty good start on it.  With the FM bascially complete at ~95% and all the modelling work completed and ready for texturing/optimization, I don't expect it will take very long for them to finish it.  That doesn't mean this year, but I certainly don't expect it to take as long as some of the other yet to release modules.RSS.PNG

Also, here's the loadout chart from their Facebook for anyone who hasn't seen it.  They're including some Egyptian loadouts that give the MiG-17 rockets and extra pylons.Mig-17 Loadouts.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

7 minutes ago, addman said:

I guess the fresco didn't carry those?

The AS had the R-3S, but the F we're getting doesn't

• Like 1

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

18 minutes ago, Stackup said:

The AS had the R-3S, but the F we're getting doesn't

Peak sad about that. Hopefully they can find the docs somewhere at somepoint and add it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stackup said:

Everything I've heard from their website and Facebook from them has made it seem like they weren't even going to ask ED for 3rd party status until they had a pretty good start on it.  With the FM bascially complete at ~95% and all the modelling work completed and ready for texturing/optimization, I don't expect it will take very long for them to finish it.  That doesn't mean this year, but I certainly don't expect it to take as long as some of the other yet to release modules.RSS.PNG

Also, here's the loadout chart from their Facebook for anyone who hasn't seen it.  They're including some Egyptian loadouts that give the MiG-17 rockets and extra pylons.Mig-17 Loadouts.jpg

Perfect. That's just what is needed to fly the successful NVAF attack on the USS Higbee and Oklahoma City. https://theaviationgeekclub.com/the-first-us-navy-ships-damaged-by-air-attack-since-the-end-of-world-war-ii-were-bombed-by-two-north-vietnamese-mig-17-pilots-trained-by-a-cuban-air-force-military-advisor/

• Like 2

Very happy to hear this announcement, and will definitely buy!

• Like 2

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I am also really excited about this! Immediate buy as far as I'm concerned.

I love the MiG-15 and the MiG-17 fixes one of it's shortcomings: lack of engine power, especially when engaging more modern aircraft.

The MiG-17F will probably be the best gun dogfighter in DCS.

I wonder how the MiG-17F module will compare to the MiG-15bis when it comes to gunnery stability. It is something I struggle with a bit in the MiG-15.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Hi, I'm from Poland. We had LiM's in service to beginning 90s. Here's a movie from one of the last nests of "LiM's". 

With best regards.

Maciek

Edited by ciekma
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ciekma said:

Hi, I'm from Poland. We had LiM's in service to beginning 90s. Here's a movie from one of the last nests of "LiM's". 

With best regards.

Maciek

You should go through your old stores and find me one. I will give it a very good home!

• Like 1

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Having seen a MiG-17F perform at Tico Airshow 2016 made me think about one of the comments of a Have Drill participant - paraphrasing: "The turning capability of this aircraft has to be seen live, to believe it".

I'm kind of also hoping to see the AS with the R-3S down the line.

• Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

On 6/3/2023 at 6:58 AM, Mig Fulcrum said:

Being heavly exported i very much hope to see plenty of liveries for the 17

Hopefully.

Too bad they are not doing different pilot liveries any more, as they had promised in the interview with that YouTuber with the annoying voice.

On 6/4/2023 at 6:40 AM, Bremspropeller said:

Having seen a MiG-17F perform at Tico Airshow 2016 made me think about one of the comments of a Have Drill participant - paraphrasing: "The turning capability of this aircraft has to be seen live, to believe it".

I'm kind of also hoping to see the AS with the R-3S down the line.

Unless someone gets data from the Cubans on their as models, I don't think there is much we can do about it. And it isn't R-3s missiles it is K-13. Wish it was posible but I think they only had access to a lim-5. Would love to know what the as cost and changes affiliated with the missiles was.

I help maintain the Early Cold War Korea, Vietnam, and Cold War 1973-1977 server as well as host my own versions of those same server missions with PVP/mod support. The MiG-17F will fill a final large gap in the early to mid cold war fighter lineup. The Early Cold War servers are PVE, so the MiG-17F would mainly be AI on the Vietnam server. But the Cold War 1973-1977 missions are hypothetical missions which permit the Blue side to fly MiGs and my own VSN Server that combines the Vietnam and Cold War missions of the PVE servers with PVP and many mods will have the MiG-17F as a flyable red side. I can't wait to fly it and to fly against it (especially after the F-4E is released).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

16 hours ago, Zpigman said:

And it isn't R-3s missiles it is K-13.

What makes you say that?  The R-3S is the exact same missile as the K-13A.  In DCS, currently the MiG-19P is using the K-13A label and the MiG-21 is using the R-3S label along with labeling the rest of that series with the R- designation (R-3R, R-13M, etc.).  Also Red Star themselves said it was the R-3S when they still thought it would be possible to make the MiG-17AS model.

Missiles.PNG

15 hours ago, Stackup said:

Missiles.PNG

If they release a MiG-17F with those features as that post I'll be more than satisfied, especially for the UB-16-57 pods. 

17s served well into the early 80s as fighter-bombers for some Warsaw Pact countries and that's what I am the most interested in playing as in DCS. With hopefully a Su-17M coming one day too we get closer to slowly fill the soviet fighter-bombers aviation cold war line-up (we would need a Su-7 and a MiG-27 though...)

• Like 3