Watched recent Video on Anton

Jokkr

It’s the one by Greg that flys a dcs mission in the Anton. He states his research indicated we should have more power available as manifold pressures and limits are earlier war limits compared to our DCS plane sets.

any chance this could be undated to help. Now A8 feels like a target when playing multiplayer.

jokkr

Edited by Jokkr
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Jokkr changed the title to Watched recent Video on Anton

What about allied planes, 25lbs Spitfire, 25lbs mosquito, 72 inch P-51, 70 inch P-47 high octane fuel was available at that time 🙂

If ED introduce this across WW2 planes, state of A-8 won't change. So, is it even worth while to model it at all?

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I’m going off Greg’s analysis, I don’t want to get too deep into the weeds on alternate allied planes.

the problem as I see it ie, the German side is a one trick pony, (K4). Allies have choices.

jokkr

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grafspee said:

What about allied planes, 25lbs Spitfire, 25lbs mosquito, 72 inch P-51, 70 inch P-47 high octane fuel was available at that time 🙂

If ED introduce this across WW2 planes, state of A-8 won't change. So, is it even worth while to model it at all?

It's not that easy by far. 150 Octane wasn't used as widely as you think.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

We need a Mark Felton on this one

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

7 hours ago, MrExplosion said:

It's not that easy by far. 150 Octane wasn't used as widely as you think.

Based on condition of Luftwaffe in late 44 and early 45, we can assume that not every A-8 had this mod installed.

And based on ED response to this topic known to me, i assume that they don't have it in planning phase yet 😛

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I’ve been reading back comments. This issue has been a subject of conversation for years. 

It seems since  it hasn’t been fixed in “years” it’s not going to be updated now , no matter the presentation of logic nor history.. ED has a rep for ignoring the community. I don’t see this changing. Sorry I brought it up,

• Like 5

On 6/3/2023 at 8:54 PM, grafspee said:

Based on condition of Luftwaffe in late 44 and early 45, we can assume that not every A-8 had this mod installed.

And based on ED response to this topic known to me, i assume that they don't have it in planning phase yet 😛

Allied Propaganda confirmed.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

43 minutes ago, MrExplosion said:

Allied Propaganda confirmed.

Axis propaganda confirmed 👌

• 5 months later...

What's the top speed at sea level and ata . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 6/4/2023 at 4:54 AM, grafspee said:

False, German records show it was a factory standard fitting by July 1944 and the majority of existing airframes were field modded.

Edited by EnvyC

Shame on ED for not addressing this long-standing issue😢

Most contemporary accounts credit the 190 as a fearsome and feared adversary. Yes, the Spitfire IX countered the 190, but hardly as a clean sweep. 

Interesting article in Aeroplane regarding the wartime evaluation of MP499. Admittedly this was an A3, but the verdict seemed to be that it would be superior up to circa 30k feet until the Tempest arrived in numbers (excluding turning fight)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EnvyC said:

False, German records show it was a factory standard fitting by July 1944 and the majority of existing airframes were field modded.

Even if all antons by 1944 had increased ratings, this does not change fact that ED isn't planning adding this in near future. At least i haven't seen any news or statement from ED about it.

Edited by grafspee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You will find on multiplayer that Axis are 80% of time out numbered. 

I think the DCS anton needs more power and speed . 

Reading some flight reports this baby should reach at least 550 level flight  Clean load . Some reports 577 , Any tests welcome 😁

The only tactic here is boom and zoom on targets ,  In and out no dog fighting. Too fat and slow . 🤣

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2023 at 10:42 AM, KoN said:

You will find on multiplayer that Axis are 80% of time out numbered.

This is very accurate, in 44 Germans were outnumbered 10 fold.

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2023 at 4:01 AM, grafspee said:

But the Anton we have is an early 1944 version while the Allies plane it's fighting are at the earliest late 1944. The truth is, the Anton is just not competitive in it's current state and I have a hard time understanding why some people seem so adverse to it getting the upgrade. Right now, 1v1, in a dogfight, every allied plane mops the floor with the A8. For example, if fighting P-51, the Anton can not outturn, outclimb or extend away as it's slower. The ONLY thing it has is a better roll rate with which it can try to enter a horizontal scissor with, but any good pilot won't let you do that. You just don't have any options. The only way to fight is to BnZ and not make more than one pass so as to not be caught or you have to outnumber your opponent. I wish Allied pilots would fly it to understand the pain...

If you want to turn like a spitfire, well.. get a spitfire. or a k4.

Eg. on 4ya red is also way outnumbered. But they numbers dont mean much if the majority of those blue players are new players, bare able bein to navigate, yet even be able to engage in the simples form of energy conserving dog fight.

you dont need to be able to turn tightly with them.

A way larger portion of the regular red side players is way more capable and many blue players.

After all, the p51 etc are a gateway drug into ww2 dcs.. so.

Im not going into flight characteristics and if those are true or not cause i cant say sh1te about that. each airplane will fly differently. and that is a fact.
If you want equality, then fly 51 vs 51.
There are enough capable a8 players who regularly compete with p51s, 47s and spits and slaughter them.
Yes, it is no turnfighter like the spit, but it doesnt have to be.

I also cant comment on the accuracy of the enginepower, but, if you´re a crap pilot, more enginepower will not really help you.

If youre having alt and speed advantage of your opponent and dont screw it cause you engage in an energy draining turnfight, you pretty much win it easily. even with an anton.

Edited by Doughguy

8 minutes ago, Lixma 06 said:

True, but then problem is AI, not the plane.

Yeah ai is too good, average player is much much worse at flying in combat. So where in most games ai sucks and it is super easy to beat ai and online pvp scenario require a lot more skill in DCS is other way around heh. In pvp scenario it is most likely that you shoot down someone without he being aware of this. 

Edited by grafspee

It’s worth remembering the goals that the A8 walked into.

By 1944 the Luftwaffe had taken a real hammering, was short on both fuel and pilots, couldn’t provide anything like the same level of training as per the western allies.

In addition, their pilots basically flew until you died, and were bounced around between the latest emergency.

At the start of 44’, that was trying to defend the Reich.  The A8 was configured the way it was to engage daylight bombing raids of US bombers and pilots were told to avoid engaging enemy fighters.  

I rather like the A8, but use the way it was intended, ie to intercept bombers, or provide close support

• Like 1

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.