Patch notes discussion June 2023

BIGNEWY

ffs....
I'm completely shocked on how many people get thrown of the rails by such a minor problem and loose their composure. Server problems happens all the time across the internet. Get over it. It will be fixed eventually.

You're right. But like it or not, games updating quickly and without these types of hiccups is the standard now in the gaming industry. It's not unreasonable for people to get frustrated when none of the other games they play have have these kinds of issues. Especially after almost 8 hours without a solution in sight.

I love DCS and I hate the constant whining too, but when there's a legitimate problem we should be able to bring it up without all this pearl-clutching

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've seen this issue a while back, can't remember exactly when, maybe a couple of years, did a patch and couldn't log in due to failed authorization. ED fixed it within a day or so with a Hot Patch, so let's just give them a chance to sort this out. We are on Open Beta for the privilege of Early Access, this comes with the possibility of these "speed bumps". If people are not happy with it, then stick to the Stable version, and just wait a bit longer for the newest features to be implemented. I know it's disappointing, we all feel the pain, and I'm sure ED feel the pain more than we do and will learn from these problems and take steps to prevent it in future.

11 minutes ago, GomesPT said:

I think it's already working

Now I can only enter in normal mode, in multithread it still doesn't work

Ryzen 7 5800X / 64 GB HyperX RAM DDR4 (3200 MHz) (4 x 16 GB) / AMD Radeon RX 6700XT 12GB GDDR6 / 1 X WD_BLACK 500Gb PCIe NVMe TLC SSD / 1X Samsung 980 Pro SSD M.2 2Tb / PSU Cooler Master 800W Gold / Logitech x-56 hotas / Logitech G Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals / Delanclip Fusion

I think theres still not enough guys posting their screenshot of the error,  i hope more people keep posting it!

Seriously guys...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

Just now, andyfoot said:

I've seen this issue a while back, can't remember exactly when, maybe a couple of years, did a patch and couldn't log in due to failed authorization. ED fixed it within a day or so with a Hot Patch, so let's just give them a chance to sort this out. We are on Open Beta for the privilege of Early Access, this comes with the possibility of these "speed bumps". If people are not happy with it, then stick to the Stable version, and just wait a bit longer for the newest features to be implemented. I know it's disappointing, we all feel the pain, and I'm sure ED feel the pain more than we do and will learn from these problems and take steps to prevent it in future.

The login server being broken will likely effect release version of DCS as well as Beta

• Like 1

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

4 minutes ago, HC_Official said:

The login server being broken will likely effect release version of DCS as well as Beta

Would be interesting to see if that is the case, but as I understand it, the authorization would still be valid as the version hasn't been updated, so it wouldn't need to validate it with the server.

Edited by andyfoot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hiob said:

ffs....

I'm completely shocked on how many people get thrown of the rails by such a minor problem and loose their composure. Server problems happens all the time across the internet. Get over it. It will be fixed eventually.

Just let the people say what they want, it'll perhaps force ED to up their quality control if more people complain, who even knows. In any case you're complaining too, so...

• Like 1

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

56 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

usually it would, however the auth needs a login on the version you are using, as the login server is having issues with the updated version the auth is not able to happen. This has created the the problem. The team will look for a solution. 

thanks

Hi BIGNEWY,

Just out of curiosity, why is the authorization process to the login server sensitive to the version of the software? I can understand if the authorization method itself gets an update, but when it's just another version of the sim software, with no changes to the authorization, it should be able to just check creds to your directory. At least build it in a way I'm not locked out of my hard earned modules on one of my rare free nights because your server isn't working. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, andyfoot said:

Would be interesting to see if that is the case, but as I understand it, the authorization would still be valid as the version hasn't been updated, so it wouldn't need to validate it with the server.

Negative, even those that have not updated yet are unable to get in. I’m guessing this is effecting Stable version as well…

Edited by Wing
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, NineLine said:

Right now there isn't, and we do not have troubles like this often if at all. I know the kneejerk thing is to rethink everything, but this system works the best for us 99.999% of the time.

Thanks guys for getting it up and running! Just bought Sinai too!!! 👍👍👍

This inconvenience is the practical demonstration that if the ED server stops working, all of us cannot use the purchased modules, so we don't own anything. I consider it a serious enough fact and the ED must allow all of us to be able to use the modules even when their server is down! Provide all the security systems you want, but I must be free to use my modules.

• Like 4

Firma DCS.png

CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K   3.60 GHz - DDR4 64,0 GB - MSI RTX3080ti - Win 11 64bit

4 minutes ago, NineLine said:

It should be coming back now, fingers crossed.

Yes its working! Installing the Sinai terrain now! Great work! Thank you!!!

Just now, Predator-78 said:

This inconvenience is the practical demonstration that if the ED server stops working, all of us cannot use the purchased modules, so we don't own anything. I consider it a serious enough fact and the ED must allow all of us to be able to use the modules even when their server is down! Provide all the security systems you want, but I must be free to use my modules.

Thats what I said! We paid for it, we own a valid copy, but still rely on them to use it!!!

12 minutes ago, peterbrownbyu said:

fbea3650eccd5f5f490821b7b7bc4da5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's now working for me, nice recovery ED.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

21 minutes ago, TheGhostOfDefi said:

Guys you can still play in offline mode and access all your modules, works for me at least…

You have to have logged in once and then set it to offline mode. With an update, you also have to log in the first time too.

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Predator-78 said:

Like the baldie from davos said: 'You won't own anything and be happy'!  I just had to... :clown_2:

• Like 2