Patch notes discussion June 2023

BIGNEWY

I think this "server outage" is a blessing in disguise. We should be able to use what we paid for regardless of whether some server is working or not. Now ED can get to fixing this so that we never have this problem again. 🙂

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Varry007 said:

@BIGNEWY

little suggestion for the devs; do not host the locense checking service on the same domain/server.

the fact no body can acces the game due to overload of the website is very stupid.

This is a lesson that even big players like Google learned the hard way. Always use sub-domains, that way you can move services easier.

• Like 2

Got everything up and running. Is it to early to ask why the hand gestures are not working in VR when launching from the carrier deck? I saw it in todays Sanai map release trailer and was fired up. No dice! Launched from the carrier on the new map and no gestures.  This would bring so much more realism to those of us who just fly in VR.  Hoping this is a bug they need to squash or a feature soon to be released.

18 minutes ago, BaUU77 said:

update starts and error . what should I do? Tell me please...

0oo.jpg

009.jpg

Based on what I've seen in other posts it's highly likely that your anti-virus is blocking or has deleted those two files.

I don't know if this is part of the update issue or not.  When I fly the FA18c mission a/a sidewinder something takes over and flies the mission.  The same way every time and I can't interact w/ the sim at all.  is this paranormal activity or what?  The aircraft isn't out of control it attacks the Migs in the sim.

something is dropping the fps in the apache to half..in my case its solid 60 then poof 30...then bounces back to 60.anyone else notice this? I was testing it on instant action weapon range caucuses.

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

6 hours ago, Beirut said:

All of a sudden Steam has its virtues. 😇

Except that when Steam itself has authentication issues - you can't play any of your games, at all. Not even offline. 

At least with DCS if they have issues, I can still get it to run offline and fly solo.  

I will never, ever return to Steam for a game platform if I can get the game directly from developers.  I've been burned by the Steam too many times.

• Like 2

As a new start-up player with DCS world and here I'm thinking what is this - unable to play world that I've joined because of a release and the mass of eager players held at bay due to demand. Demand so high that it brings the whole service crashing down. Literally no one can play?

What an absolute mess, this update process is, a service unable to scale due to load that's known to happen every time an important - expected update is released.

In this world of scalable services, hardware, solutions available to keep things running - Honestly it pains me to be so disappointed for DC world, ED has not the foresight to think the expense of a scalable solution worthy of investing in to prevent this from happening.

A relative easy fix, load balance your services, split your service functions to separate servers (we're talking basics here tbh) and give back the trust and faith we have put in your for you excellent product. If DCS wasn't as good as it is would we be as compliant as to brush this off as  - Oh this happens every time, be ok in a day - or 2!

DCS World, ED, @BIGNEWY you can't honestly think that this is feature of a world class product that I've (we all have) invested my (our) hard earned in, I'm (we're) now to expect chaos every time there's an update?

Edited by Toastfrenzy
  • Like 3

hmm... makes me wonder... if every member or a large number of members were to try and logon at any time and keep trying, (not talking just about today's issue) if it would overload the auth server like a ddos attack and bring it down, repeatedly. If so, this is a big issue for us in their network infrastructure.

• Like 1

ED, rest well and update the forum banner above. I know you all are exhausted. Then show some love to the Sinai map. Thank you. 🙂

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• ED Team
4 hours ago, BaUU77 said:

update starts and error . what should I do? Tell me please...

0oo.jpg

009.jpg

This will be your antivirus creating the problem, you can add DCS to your exclusion and run a repair it usually helps. Or send the files to your provider to check. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

folks please be nice to each other,

The login and server issues seem to have been resolved now, some people are reporting antivirus issues but otherwise things have calmed now. 

Thank you for being patient. 

Please stick to the patch topic here now and thanks

• Like 3

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

folks please stop with the back and forth, I have removed some posts with insults. 

Lets get back on topic now and thanks

• Like 2

• ED Team
Just now, RBP765 said:

Point taken Bignewy... thanks

Also I just downloaded and signed in with no issues at all.

Thanks to the whole team at ED for their hard work in resolving the issue.

No problem, thank you for your patience and enjoy the weekend and your flying. 

• Like 2

Anyone have any comments on the content of the patch, rather than the installation debacle? 

Looking forward to the Gazelle, still undecided on Sinai.  It looks great, however, perhaps superficially similar to the Syria map, but with fewer Western/NATO basing options.  Also waiting to hear about VR performance before I hit the 'buy' button.  

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

33 minutes ago, Lace said:

Anyone have any comments on the content of the patch, rather than the installation debacle? 

Looking forward to the Gazelle, still undecided on Sinai.  It looks great, however, perhaps superficially similar to the Syria map, but with fewer Western/NATO basing options.  Also waiting to hear about VR performance before I hit the 'buy' button.  

From Steam: 

This map looks incredible. Running in VR, I had better performance than Syria or PG in dense cities. Well worth $40 imo

Definitely worth the money. Looks great in VR!

Edited by MIghtymoo

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

^^^  Good to know.  Just finished the download so might give the Gazelle a quick fly over lunch.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

To me it's a 'win some, lose some' situation.

It's great for me to see that demand for ED's product is so strong.

It's a bit disconcerting that even though they now play in a higher league, their systems aren't up to the task.

If there was another good reason to use Steam instead of standalone, I think we have just seen it: Steam's systems didn't even blink, and so I was able to update, purchase, download within 15 minutes. And it wasn't plagued with the 'offline' bug. I believe that's the price a company has to pay when they enter the big league: access to professional partners with experience.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 2

A quick go on Sinai in VR and the performance seems excellent thus far.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat