DCS Open Beta Server not pulling Sinai Map

15 hours ago, Jself said:

Any one been able to get the new Sinai map installed on dedicated server?

Found the answer on the ED Discord.

Open up "Run", type in the file path to your DCS_updater.exe, then type "install SINAIMAP_terrain".  Run that command and the updater should start installing the map.

Full command should be something like C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS_Updater.exe install SINAIMAP_terrain

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Hi, I'm also having this same issue. I am on the standalone version 2.8.6 open beta, and I cant get it to show up in the module manager.

Edit: I see that i am actually currently on 2.4. version and not 2.8. Please check your game version before posting about not being able to download the Sinai map! Also keep in mind the OPEN BETA version of the game is a "separate" game, so you have to open the open beta version of the game to play the Sinai map (Currently)

Edited by Zagijohan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There was a patch (.1), maybe this is fixing the issue? BUT: After I installed the Sinai Map, DCS.exe instances crashes after start.

Our Dedicated Server ist not working with the Sinai map. I looked in the DCS Server List, there are still only a few new Patches. Ist the DCS Dedecated Server working at all for the moment? Anyone can reproduce the error?

Gents,

Tried to install Sinai map for the server, but I keep getting “module not found SINAI_terrain”.  I am running the install command after the updater.exe and it doesn’t take.  

I’ve even purchased it on the account I am using to sign into the server, but still doesn’t work.  I’m pretty sure you don’t need to buy the terrain for that to work, but I wanted to try it anyway.  

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index

Thanks Flappie!  That worked!  The lesson learned is to call it “SINAIMAP_terrain”.

Intel I9-9900k, Gigabyte AORUS Ultra, 64GB G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 3200, EVGA 2080Ti, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 512, Samsung M.2 960 Pro 1TB, MCG, Vipril, TM Controls, SLAW device rudders, Obutto Revolution, Valve Index

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Is it that the new modular server is required for Sinai to function?  Also, is there is an automatic method to update to the new server, or does the whole thing need to be reinstalled?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

On 11/28/2023 at 9:13 AM, bonesvf103 said:

Is it that the new modular server is required for Sinai to function?  Also, is there is an automatic method to update to the new server, or does the whole thing need to be reinstalled?

v6,

boNes

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/server/

To check for updates, please use the 'Update DCS World Server' shortcut.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain