Is There a WSO Menu Like Jester???

JOEM423

In the mission editor you can select whether you'll have access to the rear seat (the '2' key, as with all other modules) using the '...' menu option (on the right side of the menu options where you choose waypoints, loadout, radio frequencies, failures etc. I believe the relevant box is 'solo flight' but I could be wrong, that could be to lock other people out in multiplayer - in any case, there's an option there somewhere) VR or not, that isn't the issue - it's how the aircraft has been set up. When you put an F15E into a mission you generate, it defaults to allowing rear seat access. Obviously in the training missions, the rear seat has been locked out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JOEM423 said:

Can you command the WSO like Jester in the F14? Can you jump back and forth from front seat to back?

Joe

Not yet AI WSO. It is in plans but long way still to have this. You can jump to the second place of course.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

2 hours ago, YoYo said:

Not yet AI WSO. It is in plans but long way still to have this. You can jump to the second place of course.

so if there is no AI, what happens if you jump to back seat? does the plane plummet to a certain death? i have not had the chance to take to the skies and i am very confused how this works.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

17 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

so if there is no AI, what happens if you jump to back seat? does the plane plummet to a certain death? i have not had the chance to take to the skies and i am very confused how this works.

Yes, you still steer and control the plane, there is no AI like the F-14 that will take over the controls right away if you jump to WSO station. However, 95% of the functions can be operated from the front seat, pilot place.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

33 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

Yes, so put the autopilot on before you swap seats I guess

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soul's pit thread

The rear cockpit has controls. It's not like in the Tomcat. The 15 can be flown and landed from the backseat.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, icemaker said:

Yes! Yesterday i tested refueling from backseat with a friend...

Already? I don't even know how to start it, let alone refuel in flight. 😅😅😅

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

11 hours ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

It is not working in the training missions, but it started right away after used the mission editor to set up a quick flight.

yeh i was able to get it to work but for what ever reason the binds dont seem to work correctly. one time i can swap from front to back and then back to front and the next time i get stuck in the back as it wont swap me back lol.