Switching from front seat to rear not working in VR

Sirbum

I tried using #1 and #2 on keyboard with nothing, so i then bound the switching to my hotas and still nothing.

So not being able to switch in VR means i wont be able to turn on the Tpod or other items that need it back there.

11 minutes ago, Sirbum said:

I tried using #1 and #2 on keyboard with nothing, so i then bound the switching to my hotas and still nothing.

So not being able to switch in VR means i wont be able to turn on the Tpod or other items that need it back there.

check the mission on the editor, on the f-15e last tab make sure that the backseat is enabled.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 minutes ago, Sirbum said:

this was in a training mission Rudel_chw

the training missions can be loaded on the ME .. I’m pretty sure that the mission designer wanted you to stay on the front cockpit and so disabled the player’s aircraft backseat… but you can change that (tough it may break the training mission triggers … why you want to change seats on a training anyway? 🙂 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Switching fine on my end… weird but it is the first day.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

No any issue, I can be on the first and second place. Try own mission editor, not created mission/training with some restrictions maybe.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Yes, there is a setting to 'ENABLE MULTICREW' in the aircraft config tab in the Mission Editor.  For whatever reason in some missions it is enabled, others not.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

26 minutes ago, Lace said:

Yes, there is a setting to 'ENABLE MULTICREW' in the aircraft config tab in the Mission Editor.  For whatever reason in some missions it is enabled, others not.

For training missions it's probably blocked because these missions are for station 1.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The control maps are a bit confusing.  You can map a key for both seats for the pilot controls, for example, but once you switch to the WSO, that mapping is not available.  Map the WSO key under Pilot controls, and map the Pilot key under the WSO controls.

• Thanks 2

Been at this on an off all morning, now have to please the boss, can anyone guide me to the Enable Multicrew, I've looked in setting aircraft controls, like for new module, but in ME on the right with I have the aircraft clicked I don't see an option. Sorry for being old, (and thick). Will get back to this in a few hours, I hope

10 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

Glad I found this thread, cannot get into wso seat, will try and find the Enable Multicrew, in the config tab...once I find the config tab. Thanks to all

Its this one:

qGTyEsU.jpg

• Thanks 1

Rudel...THANK YOU, Not a place I'd thought of looking at all....

Some time later! No joy. I've clicked SOLO Flight, no change. Tried various permutations of both crew, disable multicrew, no change.

If you go to controls, select F-15E WSO, 1&2 will indicate they are populated. I also set up Wso using an Eng Switch on the HOTAS Throttle, it indicates its accepted, but nothing happens in the game.

I deleted the module, closed the PC, started again and inserted the module again, no change

As I have LOADS of MODS, I disabled all the MODS and set up a new mission new map vanilla, no change.

I thought it might be the keyboard, but most other switches work, I do notice that the flap's switch on the Throttle is ignored, buttons 22/23 are populated in Controls section, but only F7 actually works, using the switch for flaps up & Landing Flaps, gets no response. 

Could this be a software glitch? Any advice, opinion apprecieated 

Edited by flyingscotsman
first plan failed
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

cannot get into wso seat

Just don't do it in training mission. Load some free flight or other mission.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

9 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

Rudel...THANK YOU, Not a place I'd thought of looking at all....

Some time later! No joy. I've clicked SOLO Flight, no change. Tried various permutations of both crew, disable multicrew, no change.

If you go to controls, select F-15E WSO, 1&2 will indicate they are populated. I also set up Wso using an Eng Switch on the HOTAS Throttle, it indicates its accepted, but nothing happens in the game.

Hello,

I've tried the "Solo Flight" several times and it works .. you can ckeck it is enabled by going onto external view, there should be only one pilot, like this:

0Kdqlp7.jpg

... and of course, you can't use "2" to sit in the back.

If you don't have "Solo flight" ticked, then you will see two pilots and can use 1 and 2 to change seats:

lAiFjDK.jpg

9 hours ago, flyingscotsman said:

Could this be a software glitch? Any advice, opinion apprecieated 

Maybe you have an F-15 Mod that has messed up with the keybinds.

Rudel_chw, RESULT! I changed the aircraft config to 'equally responsible' confirmed 2 crew on board, press 2,and YAY back seat.

Must be the only one I had not tried.

THANK YOU for your assistance.....now I got a lot of learning to do. FYI I had dealings with RAF Lakenheath and the ACMI range over the North Sea, The RAF provided comms support and we did regular check and changes over at Lakenheath from RAF Honington nearby. The range was run by ex RAF aircrew and they had some excellent debriefs, fascinating to sit in on. There were more than a few kill's claimed by new RAF crews, that the gods eye view replay soon 'shot to bits'. In the main the USAF guys knew you could not beat the system and had a greater number of 'I almost got him' claims. Happy days

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 6/23/2023 at 2:03 PM, Glide said:

The control maps are a bit confusing.  You can map a key for both seats for the pilot controls, for example, but once you switch to the WSO, that mapping is not available.  Map the WSO key under Pilot controls, and map the Pilot key under the WSO controls.

Thanks! I was so frustrated that binding a switch to front / back seat did not work... Could swap to back seat fine, but not from the back seat to the front seat after that... But the keyboard 1 worked... Realized after your post that I have to go to the WSO key mappings to set the switch to front seat there...

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD